“Odličan restoran ,ukusna hrana i super konobari.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toma

Toma
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Trogir
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: An exceent restaurant offering traditional Dalmatian cuisine
Lovran
“Odličan restoran ,ukusna hrana i super konobari.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent restaurant, delicious food and great waiters.Prices ok, if you arrive in Trogir sure to visit Tomu.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Blondyy007

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Gent
“Splendid risotto negro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had the advantage that my travelmate knew the owner.
When we arrived late on a fridaynight , all tables were full. But they assured us that in 20 minutes we could get a table, so we strolled around for that time in beautiful, but o so crowded Trogir.
Twenty minutes later a table was free, My friend ordered the dorade, I ordered risooto negro that is listed as starter, and a plate of grilled vegetables. The dorade was good , but compared to the one she had in Kastela Novi a bit small. The risotto was excellent as were the grilled vegetables. We both had a glass of wine, out of a small bottle each.
The bill is about 20% more expensive as I paid in Kastela, but hey, we're in Trogir, Unesco heritage!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rockwise
north-west england
“food good but something going on with using credit cards.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate in this restaurant twice while in trogir. First time we were very impressed with the experience, food was good and service was good and we were able to pay with credit card. We had an issue in trogir with not being able to withdraw cash using our bankcards so we returned to this restaurant knowing food was good and credit card could be used. Meal was not quite as good on the second occasion and at the end we were told they did not accept credit cards. My husband mentioned that he had used a credit card no problems two nights previously but they said that could not have been possible. Funnily enough their name appeared on our credit card bill when we got home, so looks like we were right, we had paid on credit card first time. This experience at the end of the meal overshadowed the good food and service we had received up to that point. I hate to be lied to and felt we were being conned, but was unsure why they had done this. Makes you wonder what else they 'lie' about on the menu/bill

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank eternal_backpack
Treasure Island, Florida
“worst experience in Croatia”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were coerced by a sharp talking waiter- owner to eat there as we were walking by. He starts off by suggesting a bottle of wine at 180 Kuna. A . 25l carafe is usually is usually 12 to 14 Kuna. I decided to have the calamari as I did for lunch at Fontana Kod Zeca being that the server said their rendition was so much better but different. The tooth and the backbone were left in the squid; the server had to show us how to extract these so one does not choke. The meal was overly priced and there was a lot of noise. At the last minute the said the credit card machine was not functioning and something about taxes. I believe the is some income declaration hanky panky.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Fantastic local cuisine and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were going to try another restaurant and stumbled in here by accident, good thing.
As we were looking at the menu outside, a waiter came by (tom or tony?) and asked if we had questions.
I asked about a fish plate (as this area specializes in seafood) and he kindly went over the fish options w/me.
We decided yup, we'll eat here. We got the fish platter for 2 ppl and it was amazing. It came w/sea bass and bream, mussels, squid, scampi, and potatoes. Amazing! Then the server brought out some of the house made olive oil...OMG. I'm not an olive oil person, but this was so good over the fish that I asked if I could buy a litre. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough to sell me :(
The fish was cooked perfectly...light and tender. The mussels were Ok, scampi slightly overcooked, the squid was ridiculously good.
After we finished dinner, another server (pete) came out to chat w/us along w/tom/tony. It was like having an impromptu dinner w/friends. When tom-ton brought us the bill, he also brought some hard liquormto complete our meal. I had the house limoncello (so amazing I bought a bottle of that) and Matt had some of their version of brandy (firewater basically). The limoncello has a hint of orange zest making it more complex and waaay better than its italian counterpart.

High recommend this place if you'd like some quality seafood and good people to talk to.

• Visited May 2012