“Good value and great fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marijana

Marijana
Ranked #21 of 89 Restaurants in Trogir
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Barbecue, European, Soups, Croatian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on a narrow street, in a courtyard in old Trogir
middle england
“Good value and great fish”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

8 of us ate here, the waitress was really friendly, and she had good recommendations for us, including how many people could share a platter- so between us (8 people) we had 2 meat platters for 2 and 2 fish platters for 2. The recommended wine was excellent and the atmosphere superb

Visited September 2013
1 Thank upperdeckplease

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Don't go there!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went there with my girlfriend. We both wanted pasta, but when my girlfriend ordered, the waitress told her disgustingly that it's not good and way better to order grilled fish or meat (the most expensives dishes) so she took grilled fish, but i ordered my favourite dish: spaghetti alle vongole.

When she came with my dish, the plate was covered by vongole but also a dozen of mussles. I told her that i didn't ordered that and like them to change that.
She came back a few minutes ago with the same plate but they removed the mussles, that was fine for me even if i'd prefered if they did it again without mussle taste, but.. fine..

But then after i tasted it, it was way overly salted, uneatable, really.. So i ate the vongole and leave the plate empty of the pasta..

At the and, when she came to take back our plates, she didn't ask why i leave everything, so i explain to her that i tried but couldn't eat with all the over charge of salt.. At this moment she felt unconfortable and another waitress told her and us that another client didn't eat this same dish tonigth, and it was because it's cooked with the mussles, and today they were too salty..

I expected not to pay for something they knew it was uneatable, but i had to pay for everything without any excuses...

So, my advice is: don't go there..

• Visited September 2013
“Great place!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We ended up here thanks to our city tour guide that recommended it thanks to it very fresh seafood. When we got there we saw some fresh clams and mussels arriving and we order them and they were amazing!! Also very fresh fish and calamari!

Great pick go here it amazing food!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Woking, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a pity that the previous writer didn't have the same experience as our group of 4. We had one of the most incredible meals ever with the fish and meat being cooked on an open BBQ and friendly efficient service. It was a wonderful experience to eat under the open sky and with great decor and a lively buzz. If I ever went back to Trogir this would be the first place I would head to.

• Visited August 2013
brighton UK
“Arrogant attitude filled the air and mediocre food followed”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were recommended to come here by a lovely friendly girl in a shop around the corner from the restaurant so I thought if may be a local secret . Now I realise it was more of a case of reputation preceding reality .

This is a lovely space to sit I'm or would have been if the welcome had been warm. After a short wait and no eye contact we were given a table and then moved about two minutes later because a table of three were coming - we were two . The 3 never did arrive - one man dud though and he ate alone on a table for four .

I ordered an appetiser of green
Pasta and shrimp for my 8 year old son for 100 Kuna - I asked if it was tagliatelle or linguine maybe or something else - the waitress who spins good English just said yes, it's green , green pasta . I ordered a fish kebab also 100Kuna . We also had a glass if white wine and a water .

Louie's pasta was regular tagliatelle verde and the prawns were so overcooked they tasted like cardboard and had the same texture. It was the mist basic of dishes in some kind of watery juice. My fish kebab was ok - not bad but again well cooked fish but with a glass of nice chilled wine perfectly edible.

I did complain about Louie's dish . It was'nt well received. And then someone else came sling to ask if we were enjoying it and I said the sand again- just do the kitchen knew about it .

After these complaints which k hope I offered in a reasonable fashion our plates were left on the table until I stacked then myself . All form of interaction was initiated only by me by me when i asked for the dessert menu and then the bill.

It wasn't a joyful experience eating there- I felt if to be unfriendly and uncaring and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

It's a shame because its in a lovely open air spot with great decor and lively evening buzz but there's unfortunately no love there

• Visited August 2013