“Nice evening in the rooftop”
Review of Restaurant ALKA

Restaurant ALKA
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Trogir
Cuisines: International, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The ALKA Restaurant is the oldest restaurant in Trogir.Working since 1966 under the management of the same family owner for whole 51 years.Restaurant is reference point in gastronomy of Trogir and Croatia.Guideline to all people searching for good food,and to the other restaurants in area as the symbol of permanent effort in maintaining the highest levels of culinary skills and Vienna & French serving styles.Alka is "must try" restaurant during your visit to Trogir.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

In reading all of the previous reviews, yes, you are going to pay more in a tourist town like Trogir compared to somewhere off the coast, but that's often the reality of how restaurants and hotels charge when it comes to tourist areas.

We had a nice rooftop meal (not brilliant, but not bad) - I had steak and my wife had calamari - both were pretty good.

Provided the weather is good, I would recommend getting a table in the rooft top.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant ALKA

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Turist trap, made to look good and for good sell (and expensive), but not worth it at all.
Me and my husband went couple of times at Alka and finally decide to not go there anymore, because of several things: first time I had a wonderfull fish, but a meat for my husband was terrible. Second time the fish was not fresh, and God, they really pushed that sale of fish that night, but a meat was good. Third time the risoto was too salted and a wine, we had a feeling that there was too much water in it.
And what to say about the waiter, so full of himself, when he heard that we are speaking french he talked how he worked at Maxim's in Paris, and for all French people you know how Maxim's is just a turist trap. He was acting like a dandy, so ridiculous.
We love Trogir but if we have to eat there (which is really to avoid) we eat at Kamerlengo, but I cannot say that it's great. It is just a decent food.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We sat in the downstairs courtyard for our first visit. The taster was very much appeciated (this seems to be the norm in a lot of Croatian restaurants) and we both chose the lamb cutlets. Our waiter said that this would be a good choice for the month we were there (June) because it was still serving spring lamb but he would not recommend it later in the year. We ate a very hearty portion of incredible lamb. Not being familiar with Croatian wine we left our waiter to choose a full-bodied red and the Merlot he brought us was delicious. On our second night we ate on the roof terrace. Again the food was amazing but the one let down was the wine. We ordered the same and it was served from the fridge!!!!! Not good but all in all we would thoroughly recommend theis restaurant

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I guess Alka is especially famous for meat, but I had black cuttlefish risotta followed by grilled trout. The risotta was interesting but made this a 5-star meal was the excellent trout and the wonderful service. The waiter managed, in a very gracious and non-patronizing way, to show me the art of deboning the intact trout, which was delicious but far more so because of the lack of bones. It was slightly more expensive than other places I checked out, but was also a mark above in quality.

1  Thank PdxTraveller994
Reviewed June 25, 2014

An excellent find in Trogir. The restaurant itself is away from the busy street but the waiters show you the way through. W had two course, both excellent, and beer and the bill was very reasonable. Highly recommended.

3  Thank KirstyAP