“Not worth your money”
Review of Restaurant Fontana kod zECA - CLOSED

Restaurant Fontana kod zECA
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Fontana, which can seat 50 guest indoors, with additional 200 seats on the three terraces situated along the coast. On a beautiful location you can enjoy meat and seafood dishes.Our motto is a satisfied customer, and special attention has been paid to obtain and the quality of food, fresh daily. Book your place on time and enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere.
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

It was described as the best restaurant in Trogir in the guide book. Could not disagree more. Surroundings are great, location brilliant but the food was very disappointing. I had a steak with mushrooms where the steak was very basic and overcooked and the mushrooms straight from the tin. My friend's grilled chicken was beaten to thin file and tasted very average in all standards. Service was pretty friendly but they first charged our water twice but did correct that after we noted it. Try the smaller restsurants more inside the city walls.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Sat outside looking at the harbour and enjoyed a tasy bargain lunch deal with a lovely glass of cold beer all served by very pleasant staff.

1  Thank ajk1994
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was staying at the Fontana Hotel and was offered a discount if I ate at the restaurant. I didn't expect to eat there as I was happy to wander the streets to find somewhere of my own choosing. However, I bumped into a couple who I had been sitting next to on the plane coming over and they said they had just had a really nice meal and when I asked where, their reply was "The Fontana". So I went back and chose a fixed price menu of grilled chicken which came with a green salad, fries and added salad garnish. The chicken was plentiful and tasty, nothing out of the ordinary but if you like grilled chicken, this hit the spot. It came with a creme caramel afterwards which wasn't anything particularly special but for 60 kuna, I thought it was reasonably priced. Obviously, there were other choices on the fixed price menu like a fish dish and you would pay the price accordingly. I thought it was good value.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I thought Fontana would be too touristy having such a great location, however the lunch was wonderful and reasonable. I met a Brit who lives in Trogir and he eats there a lot. He of course knows all the restaurants in Trogir. it is close to waterfront and great for people watching. I only wish we went back to dinner there rather than were we did go. I did not listen to The Brit for advice on dinner. They do take credit cards of which many do not.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Seafood spaghetti and grilled calamari are impressive. The service is also good. By the way, how can we know if there is a cover charges?

1  Thank y h