“Great food, ambiance, and staff”
Review of Mirakul

Mirakul
Ranked #32 of 97 Restaurants in Trogir
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had dinner here with a party of six. I didn't get the name of our waitress, but the way she acted, she owned the place. She was warm and inviting.. and if you've spent time in the area,' warm and inviting' is not the usual description for their service industry... She spoke english very well, helped us with our food and wine choices, and even joked around with us. Was probably the best restaurant experience in a week in Croatia. Ambiance was great, we enjoyed the local singing.
I'd go back there next time.

1  Thank seekenfly

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We came across this restaurant while browsing the historic town centre. They have a menu display at the entrance of the small alleyway just off the main street that runs past the central square. We were greeted by a friendly waitress (we later learned that her name was Irena) who explained the menu in detail even though we said we weren't able to eat that evening as it was getting late and we wanted to return to our house. We returned to the restaurant the next evening and had one of the best meals this summer.

We started off with the grilled shrimp which was excellent: a hefty portion of fresh and delicious fare. I proceeded to have the Mediterranean lobster for main which proved to be an excellent choice. I got to pick my lobster from a small aquarium in the outside seating area and the head chef (a lovely elderly lady) accompanied by the owner fished the lobster out and had a little friendly chat with us, which we thought was a nice touch. The lobster was fantastic - served with the traditional Dalmatian light garlic and white wine sauce. My friend had a medium-rate steak, which was also very good. We managed to get through two bottles of Croatian "Marco Polo Posip" which complemented my seafood meal very well. It's truly one of the best whites I've had in Croatia.

As I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I finished off with a cheese platter with fresh figs and grapes while my friend had a fruit salad. Finally, we were both treated to a complimentary glass of fine Croatian Prosecco, which was a very nice way to finish off an excellent meal.

We returned to the restaurant twice that week and tried a few other dishes - mainly seafood - which were excellent without exception. The restaurant is fairly small: only about 10ish tables outside and a few more in the alleyway towards the entrance/exit, which gives a nice feeling of intimacy in the middle of the bustling old town which gets especially busy in the evenings. The service was impeccable - we had a dedicated waiter (young but extremely discreet and professional) while the waitress Irena (who introduced us to the restaurant) and the owner occasionally stopped by our table to make sure everything was OK. We truly felt at home.

The reviewers below are right in saying that the prices are a bit steep but really comparable to other restaurants in the area and certainly acceptable given the quality of the food and service. We will definitely be back next summer on a Friday night to hear their traditional a capella group singing!

1  Thank A D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We read about Mirakul on Tripadvisor, and decided to try it our first night in Trogir. The waitor was very nice, and she highly recommended the "peka," a traditional Kroatian "all-in-one-pot-in-the-oven" dish. In the menu it was described together with other platters for sharing, where the price is stated for two. What we didn't notice (our mistake) was that the peka was the outrageous price of 330 Kuna per person!! The peka seemed undercooked and was rather dry, quite an average meal. When we later took a look at the cheque, we were shocked about the price for the meal (and we come from Norway where the prices are HIGH). We told the owner of the place we stayed about our experience, and she nearly fainted when she heard what we paid.

In all the other restaurants we went to in Trogir, we never saw anything like the prices at Mirakul.

1  Thank Bergen81
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

the sea bass baked in salt is really the best fish i've ever had! service is great & we were glad to be away from the trouble of the touristic harbour site. will come back for sure!

1  Thank Anndrea M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We almost didn't eat here as the lure of somewhere more attractive nearly tempted us away, but actually it was a really lovely spot. Food was great, really tasty - I had the dalmation lamb and my girlfriend had the pork stuffed with dalmation ham and cheese. Both were very good, succulent and tasty. Service was very good from a fairly mature waitress who couldn't do enough to please us. The giant lobsters in the tank are a constant source of entertainment should your own conversation not cut the mustard. Obviously the company of my table companion did not fit into this category and I barely noticed the two brutish 30kg titans doing battle. House red was fine. Check out the nearby square with cafe bars including smokvica for a great atmosphere and live music befitting of such a pretty historic town for a 5/5 experience.