“Basic and typical”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Croatian and Samobor cuisine
Reviewed December 23, 2013

You won't find many surprises on the menu - it's meat all over again, made the Continental-Croatia-way, but if that's what you are searching for - this is the place to be. But beware: the portions are so enormous that you might want to calculate them before ordering. The soup is home-made, no industrial stuff, just like the rest of it. The place is also huge so you might get bothered by the other customers - especially if they are celebrating something (and a lot of celebrations are happening around here) but if you're the one celebrating too, I'm sure you won't mind it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had grilled beef with potatoes and it was absolutely mouth watering. The service was good and I didn't wait long for my meal. Reasonable price. Definitely would come back there

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Eating here is like visiting a good friend, the food is home-cooked, the service is friendly and there is a relaxed atmosphere. The food in this part of Croatia has some Austrian influence, so can sometimes be quite heavy (lots of cream, butter, etc).
It was our first meal in Croatia but probably also our best, we were warned about the big portions but we still ordered too much. Best was the mushroom soup, the Swiss chard, the peppers and of course the pancakes.

1  Thank eh_64
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was little bit surprised with indoor ambient, it looks like student restaurant, but food was good, what is most important.
Outside is nice atmosphere.
I tried boar in cranberry sauce with gnocchi (home made, you can feel it).
It was really good.
But the greatest thing here was service, waiter is so positive, and make you feel great there.
even if the food, were not ok, it would worth. But it was.
The serving size is big, and sufficient even for gourmets, as me.I can not say it is something special, but the price is regular, so if you want to spend night or day outside the city, this is a great place.
I am sorry that I could not try pancakes, but I'll be back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were with friends on a glorious dinner. The portions are very large and the food is excellent and delicious. The price is decent and in line with what we get. The staff was cheerful and helpful. super restaurant