“Utterly horrible”
Review of Rompisasso

Rompisasso
Ranked #168 of 231 Restaurants in Rovinj
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Horrible service. It's says pizzeria, but that's a cheap trick. You can't get any pizza there until late afternoon. There's a kids playground where some child obviously had an accident and had done a number 2. Upon informing the waiter all we got was laughter. Two hours later, the poop was still there. Ignoring that, letting your kids play there is inadvisable as there is an open swimming pool right next to the playground. The menu is written in plain pencil and you can't really see the prices at all on some items. And while it offers several side dishes, no-one will inform you that some are available only after 4pm. You will get potatoes instead without notice. Portions are tiny, a six year old will clean the plate and ask for more.

And than there is the constant smoke. Whoever designed the barbecue chimney did not do a good job and so the outside tables are constantly engulfed in smoke.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 23, 2016

First time, the waiter forgot to complete the order...so we never got our pizza. I cancelled the pizza order, but it was still on the total bill.

Second time, three days later...horrible experience.

I ordereded the bruschetta as an appetizer. The restaurant used old bread that was chewy and inedible. I was starving, so I dealt with the sub par snack.

My brother ordered the sardine bruschetta. He did not have patience for the days old bread and sent it back. The cook grilled the bread up and served it back to him, including the piece of bread that he originally bit. Inexcusable.

On the way to the bathroom, you can see the old plastic bread bucket they use to make the appetizer orders from.

The owner can by and checked on our table. We told him about the old bread. He clearly was not surprised about us catching the faux pas and said it would not be on the bill. It was still on the bill at the end of the night.

The waitress dropped my pizza on the floor. That is just human error...no big deal.

I also ordered a chicken pasta dish as an appetizer. The chicken chunks had bone fragments and large pieces of chicken chunk that I was not sure what part of the chicken it represented. Disgusting.

Nevertheless, we have eaten 14 meals in the cities of Polari and Rovinj. This meal was the worst, we will not go back and do not recommend this place to our enemies.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We came early so the waiters were not too busy and the service was good. I would have preferred my steak medium and not well done, but the rest of the family was very happy to finally eat something good.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Nice setting, reasonable prices, service was fast. Food was tasty and portions big. Pool and playground available. We did not have reservation, but there were tables available.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

We ate roasted pig. Meat was ok, but the portions were really big. The potatoes were delicious. A good place to eat dinner with friends and drink some good wine.

Date of visit: July 2016