Resort Amarin
$186
Orbitz.com
$98
  • Pool
All reviewstaxi boatpremium apartmentgreat apartmentsself cateringwater taxi servicepizza barsalsa festivaltowels changed dailybaby poolsmall supermarketthe sofa bedold townmini clubmin walkfamily holidayhigh seasonbeautiful town
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Don't be fooled with all the good reviews and beautiful photos of this place. I would not recommend it to anyone.
This place consists of renovated appartments where we were staying (marked with 4 stars), nonrenovated appartments (marked with 2 stars), and the camp.
I really cannot complain about the appartment since they were clean and everything was new. But you have to be careful that Amarin complex is on the hill and when we arrived I realised how incredibly lucky we were since we got the appartment closest to the beach. We could have ended up in the hills and it would be a long walk to the restaurant and the beach. Everything else in this complex was a great disappointment.
In order to get to the restaurant since we had half board, we had to walk past 2 stars appartments which looked claustrophobic and spooky. And the camp site was terrible. There was our restaurant overcrowded every single day. It was hard to find an empty table, and the choice of food was every day the same. Meat or fish with chips and some pasta. It wasn't tasty at all and I am not picky when it comes to food.
The greatest disappointment was the beach which looked perfect on the photos. But when I tried to get in the water I hurt my leg and I got a few more bruises even with the some kind of swimming shoes I wore. There were huge stones under the surface and it was really dangerous to get inside the water especially if there were some waves. It was impossible for my six year old son to get inside the sea so he swam in the pool. But that's another problem the pool is not that big and it's shallow since it was built for children. However since people cannot get inside the water they were all in the pool old and young. It was overcrowded with screaming teenagers trying to jump on the head. A horror.
In order to save our holiday from the complete disaster we decided to go sightseeing. We saw Pula, Brioni, Porec, Rovinj, Umag. Rovinj is a beautiful old town which I recommend everyone to visit. But do not stay in Amarin.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank MilutinBelgrade
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Apartment was clean and spacious. The beach is rocky, o you need to wear swimshoes en a yoga-mat to lay on. Sea is clean and warm. Taxi boat to Rovinj is great. Receptionists are grumpy and aren't very helpfull. Renting bikes, canoe's , boats is possible, but overpriced. Overall a nice place to rest. The surroundings are beautifull and romantic.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We rented an apartment in the tourist resort Amarin. The apartment was clean, comfortable and extremely convenient. We were there in low season, and it was excellent value for the money (20 euros per person), but the hours of on-site services (internet shop, market) were unpredictable. The resort is located 4 km from Rovinj, so it is easier to get to Rovinj if you have a car, although shuttles are available at the resort (not included in the price). We would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nomad_reviewer
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We have just returned from a week at Amarin - apparently it's busiest week of the year. We had a 'renovated' B5 appartment (1 double bedroom and 1 single bedroom) for 3 of us. The appartment was great. It was exactly like the pictures - modern, 2 balconies, small bathroom and airconditioning. The appartment also provided outdoor furniture (table, chairs and umbrella and towel/clothes rack). This was perfect as we took our portable BBQ and cooked and ate outside most nights.
The 'tourist settlement' is enormous - with some 200 campsites, 300 renovated appartments and some 300 unrenovated appartments. This was the downside for us... it was very crowded. But on the upside, the location was fabulous. We were across the harbour from Rovinj - a 15 min. ferry ride from the settlement to Rovinj which was fairly regular. The settlement was on the beach/coast so it was private 'beach'. So long as you didn't mind the rocks (which for us was fun for our daughter to play and explore the rock pools), you had about 1km of private 'beach' access. Another plus for us was the entertainment. The 'kids club' was in the morning, and again in the afternoon, and there was a 'mini-disco' in the evening after dinner. We were out most days exploring, so our daughter enjoyed the mini-disco each night. She loved it. The staff were all very accomodating and kind.
Also - a great tip. We took our small portable BBQ - and cooked outside on our terrace most nights.
I'm not sure if we'd go there again... basically for the reason that we were paying for alot of activites/features that we just didn't use and because it was so busy and large. But on the other hand - when you take into account the modern apartment with airconditioning, right on the ocean with private coast and regular ferry access to Rovinj - maybe we would do it again...

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lostinfranceagain
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We just stayed at the Amarin, and when we arrived I wasn't too sure what to expect. For those who don't know "Tourist Settlement" is a large resort that has camping, small cabins and then apartments for staying in. When we drove through the camping, the first thing we saw were the small cabins and I was like, is this where we are staying? Luckily when we continued to our room, I was very impressed. The appartments look just like the picutrues, and the room we stayed in had a great view over the sea. At first when we got to our room, it only had one double bed, when what we booked on Expedia was a studio that was to have a king and a sofa bed. When I called the receptionist, they told me to go back to see them. Luckily the price difference between the room we had and the room they happily transfered us was nothing. They were very helpfull and pleasant with the change in rooms. When we got to our room, we entered through our balcony into the bedroom. It had a nice double bed and a pull out sofa bed (more like a pull out chair bed, but it worked fine for my 2 & 5 year old to sleep in). The bathroom was kinda small, but served its purpose. There was a nice little kitchen area with a table, fridge, sink and dinnerware for use. The hotel had a very nice pool slide, my oldest loved it. However, keep in mind, it is a salt water pool. (I didn't know that). The hotel restaruants were very nice. And the resort is right on the beach. The beach was beautiful, but remember they are white stone beaches, so bring your water shoes you will need them!! The view of the sea is georgeous, I got tons of FANTASTIC pictures of my family. The town of Rovinj is a short 5 minute drive away, so if you don't have a car, you will have to take the water ferry, which is pretty cheap I think. We had our own car, so it was no big deal to us. Overall, we had a very nice stay. I liked the fact that it was in its own little cove off by itself. It gave us a little privacy and less of the hustle and bustle of the town. Very nice stay. I would recommend it to you all!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family