“Perfect Location in rovinj”
Review of Maestral

Maestral
Ranked #14 of 188 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.restorani24x7.com/restoran/maestral/rovinj/http://www.gastronaut.hr/restoran.asp?id=5867
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here before leaving Rovinj. The location is WONDERFUL, and we had a table right by the water overlooking the old part of town. I liked it also because it's a little more secluded than those restaurants right on the port of Rovinj, but at the same time you get the same amazing views. The food was also really good. My husband had the small fried fish and I had the zucchini and shrimps pasta, both delicious. The portions are very big! Watch out because they don't take Euros.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate at Maestra initially for the view and came back a second time for the food. This restaurant is just far enough away from the main restaurant row to have reasonable prices, but the food was outstanding (especially the cuddlefish). The views can't be beat, and on a nice day, it's great to sit right along the water just yards away from the moored boats in the harbor. There is only outdoor seating so this is not a place to be during inclement weather. As a bonus, it also has Wi-Fi.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

You can tell a lot about a restaurant by how they treat a single woman diner. Tonight I was shrugged in the direction of an empty table by the service station, then ignored for 15 minutes as wait staff thudded by me on both sides, hurrying out orders. Just as was about to leave, a waitress noticed me and took my order - she was harried but nice. The fish in truffle sauce was good, the veggies over cooked. House white wine had a nice fizz to it. Price was reasonable: about $22 for dinner and wine.

3  Thank BlueHighwaysGal
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We ate at Maestral on our first night in Rovinj. We had just arrived in country from the states and were tired after the time change and the drive from Zagreb so we just wanted something simple. My wife and I both ordered pizzas which turned out to be well covered with toppings and a nice size that filled us up. One thing I noticed, and this turned out to be typical across the country, the pizza lacked some spice. It seems they do not use garlic on pizza in Croatia, or if they do not much. Every pizza we had, except for one, had that same lack of spice.

Maestral is located to the southeast of the old town along the harbor front, offering great views of Rovinj as well as the sunset as you sit outside. We ended up with many great photos.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Great food, very fresh, reasonable prices. Recommend white fish with truffles :)
Stuff is also great, very helpfull and allways smile on the face