“A must stop for foodies”
Review of Tipico Old Town

Tipico Old Town
Ranked #11 of 183 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Istrian cuisine with modern twist . We are closed for the season. We open 1st of April 2016.
Cleveland, Ohio
“A must stop for foodies”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

At just a short walk off the main tourist area, this restaurant has all the charm of a small town eatery where the locals go. When we stopped for lunch the chef was just arriving from the market and our waiter had to check and make sure what we wanted was bought that day, can't get any fresher. My wife who can be a picky vegetarian, loved the vegetable risotto with seeds and nuts, we were surprised at how vegan friendly they were. My filet was cooked perfectly. We're still talking about the town and the restaurant days latter.

1 Thank Rob L

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
“Definitely worth going”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were recommended the restaurant by a local for lunch and it did not disappoint.

Friendly staff. Good food.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“JUST SO PERFECT IN EVERY RESPECT.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went to this restaurant having eaten out during the 2 weeks on holiday. Without doubt the very best in Rovinj that we have eaten in during the past 10 years of visiting. Attention to detail and the passion in taking the order, talking it through with the 2 chefs and the cooking of the meal with its end results were perfect.The starters were excellent and we went off the specials main menu of sea-bass, foiled and specially cooked with its special ingredients. I had the special cartwheel rib steak cooked again to perfection.
The house wine was excellent and reasonably priced. No room for dessert.
Wonderful atmosphere, busy , you wait a little longer than many restaurants but that is the price worth paying for individually cooked meals of the quality outlined.
My only grumble was that we did not find this gem until just before leaving.
See you in June 2014 and on a more frequent basis.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
“excellent fish food and also top vegan menu”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

the restaurant is cute, the staff is very pleasant and helpful and the food is simply delicious. definitely value for money. the chef has a great imagination and though this is predominantly fish restaurant, my vegan menu was simply delicious. very recommended. however, if you come in the high season (also in September), book in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
“As good as I hoped and then some...”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I read about Tipico on Trip Advisor and decided to try it for my last night here. I wasn't disappointed. The service was perfect, with the owner himself walking me through the tasting of local wines I had wanted to know. I only made it through the fish soup and the warm starter of Plujnice with wild mushrooms and truffles before I hollered "uncle," because I couldn't eat another bite. But what I had was amazing! The homemade pasta was a perfect al dente, and the mushrooms and truffles were rich and fragrant. Don't miss it!

1 Thank Whroberts1