“Cosy place away from typical touristic dining”
Review of Tipico Old Town

Tipico Old Town
Ranked #12 of 188 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Istrian cuisine with modern twist . We are closed for the season. We open 1st of April 2016.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a great dinner at Tipico. You can appreciate decor, service and fantastic food. Not pretentious but very atmospheric place to spend romantic evening away from the crowd. Definitely go for desert as well :) I would highly recommend, not to be missed.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went for a romantic dinner at Tipico upon friends recommendation and it happen to be a right choice! Delicious food , open type kitchen -u can tell the chef is enthusiastic about his job!It was a real pleasure to watch him preparing our chicken and mushroom risotto....I couldnt stop taking photos !:)) Service excellent, guys are cool and the ambience just right for couples...Thumbs up!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We read previous reviews of this restaurant on here and added it to our 'maybe list'. We then came across it by chance that evening and decided to give it a go. We shall be returning before we fly home! The starters were the most wonderful flavours. I had a pasta dish with wild mushrooms, truffles and cheese - I couldn't eat it slowly enough as I didn't want to get to the end! My partner had the truffle cheese with honey and walnuts and we shall now be attempting to recreate this at home. For main I had the tofu (I never cook with it myself as it always ends up like tasteless jelly) and it was cooked beautifully with roasted veg and a delicious risotto. My partner ordered the steak special and, to the glee of the chef, asked for it very rare - he says it is the best steak he has eaten. Very simply served with veg and potatoes he enjoyed every mouthful. We didn't fit in dessert but will be when we return. Even including the bottle of Cava the price was a fraction of what we would pay in the UK for the same quality meal. Would highly recommend to anyone who really likes high quality food.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a small restaurant in the heart of the old town.
The decour is average but the service and food were terrific, would defiantly recommend if you are looking for something off the main front with more intimacy.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We decided on a special of "wild bunny". In retrospect, this was probably a mistake as it was clear that the chef wasn't used to cooking it. Our starter salads were excellent but the whole of our main couse, including the bunny itself, was significantly overcooked although still quite tasty. I suspect we were just unlucky and, if we'd chosen anything else, would have come away very satisfied. The service was good: the two brothers front of house having real charm.