“Good but not as amazing as the reviews make you believe”
Review of Pizzeria Da Sergio

Pizzeria Da Sergio
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I would say the pizzas you get here are good but not better than those you get in Italy. In fact I have had better in Britain! I would say that there was a little too much cheese on the pizza so it is an American-style Italian pizza. The owner was attentive and it was a good experience. So OK for a lunch spot on the way to the church but dont go out of your way.

1  Thank ademander
There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Da Sergio

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We visited this place for lunch on the recommendation of our holiday rep. The service was very friendly but unfortunately the style of pizza wasn't our cup of tea as the base was too thin. Also, we didn't like the toppings as the mushrooms weren't fresh (they looked like they were from a jar) and there was far too much cream on it (we were only expecting a drizzle) so along with the garlic and salami it was all a bit sickly. I think we made a bad choice of pizza as everyone else in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying theirs. The choice is vast and the pizzas are huge, although you can have a baby size (which the proprietor indicated were about the size of a dinner plate when I asked him and I'd wished I'd ordered this instead but I was feeling greedy!).
They are good value for money at around £5.50 for a large pizza but we had a much better pizza at Maestral for the same price later on in our holiday so I would definitely recommend that place over this one.

1  Thank Umami_8
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We ate at Pizzeria Da Sergio twice during our recent holiday in Rovinj. The pizzas are just suberb and the best I have eaten in many years - even in Italy. The restaurant has a huge selection of pizzas, but by far our favourite was the Pizza with Rocket and Cherry Tomatos. There is also a small selection of salads as well as beers, soft drinks and a limited choice of wines. This is also excllent value for money. Service could not be faulted and the man who ran the restaurant on both our visits was very pleasant and helpful. Not to be missed - a far cry from what is on offer along the waterfront in Rovinj.

1  Thank Martwals
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Pizza, made as you want it and recommended by locals.

1  Thank PamelaTraveling
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The Pizzas served at this little Pizzeria on the narrow cobbled street leading to the Cathedral in Rovanj old town are probably the best we have eaten in over 20 years travelling across Europe. We eat there on the last night of our holiday after being so impressed the previous night when we had just popped in for a quick reasonably priced meal to fill a hole. The pizza topped with Istrian ham Parmesan cheese and rocket I had on the second night was so good I did not want the experience to end, and compelled me to write this review. We payed 22e for two pizzas 0.5l of house wine and a bottle of water which considering the quality of the food and the location was cracking value.