“Out of this world!”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Den Haag, Holland
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Me and my family visited Rovinj in August 2011 and were sent to hotel Lone by mistake (due to admin mistake, we couldn't stay in "Adriatic"). My God, I was so happy they had made this mistake! From the very moment we entered "Lone", I couldn't hide my satisfaction to be there. The hotel is really luxurious but also charming. Okay, I am not the biggest traveler in the world but I have been in a number of hotels (including 5 -star ones, like this) but no hotel has left me speechless like this one. Okay, it's brand new, opened two months ago (so I was told), it's the first "designers" hotel in Croatia but still.... But I must hold my breath now and say that we stayed there only one night. If we had stayed longer, maybe I would be able to present more realistic picture. In short: great place, great room, great breakfast, great staff! But if you want me to "dig" for negatives, here is one (if I have to):
- the hotel is close to the beaches but most of them are rocky and some gravel ones. So, if you go there, try to find a better beach in the area, I know that there are good ones in Rovinj.
BTW, the hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the Old Town (absolutely beautiful, must see).

Room Tip: I saw there are rooms with a jacuzzi INSTEAD of a balcony. In other words, you sit in a jacuzzi and...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ZoranNL
PMTL, Manager at Hotel Lone, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Zoran,
Thank you very much for the great review.
I am happy that you and your family enjoyed yor stay and share it in such a passionate way.

Concerning the beach, we are currently working on another project which does not only include the outside pool but bringing the beach and promenade back to its old splendour.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again and enjoy the new beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Travelers also viewed these Rovinj hotels
Hotel Monte Mulini
#10 of 23 in Rovinj
Family Hotel Amarin
Family Hotel Amarin
#4 of 23 in Rovinj

Been to Hotel Lone? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Lone

Property: Hotel Lone
Address: Luje Adamovica 31, Rovinj 52210, Croatia
Location: Croatia > Istria > Rovinj
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Lone 5*
Lone represents a design-focused synergy of functionality, harmony and elegance. Featuring an impeccable blend of beauty, luxury and cultural heritage, the hotel is a year-round leisure and business destination. Hotel Lone is a unique and extraordinarily designed place located on the waterfronts of the Golden Cape Nature Park (Zlatni rt) and only a pleasant 15-minute stroll from Rovinj’s colorful town centre and marina. Offering 236 spacious rooms and 12 finely detailed suites this hotel represents a design-focused synergy of functionality, harmony and elegance. Featuring an impeccable blend of beauty, luxury and cultural heritage, the hotel offers fine dining restaurants and bars, exquisite entertainment programmes and an extensive Wellness & Spa centre. Hotel Lone captures the essence of Maistra's conference offer. Together with its sister hotels in the tourist destination area, it is capable of hosting major events with over 3,000 participants or tailor-made board meetings and workshops. The largest auditorium within the hotel has a seating capacity of 650, while the capacity of the largest auditorium in the area is 1,800. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Lone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.