“Can't believe its ranked No 8!”
Review of Neptun

Neptun
Ranked #34 of 187 Restaurants in Rovinj
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Poor service - poor food,grossly overpriced for the standard of food and service.

4  Thank mark B

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Came across this place completely by chance. It's hidden in a back street near the harbour. After nearly 2 weeks in Croatia we were a bit fed up with the usual not-particularly-well-presented pizza, pasta, calamari etc and were fully expecting to get the same here. We couldn't have been more wrong.
On the face of it the menu is the same as everyone else's but the food is far, far superior. My husband had a steak - rare - cooked exactly right and he said it melted in his mouth. I had pasta monte & mare (mushrooms and shrimp) and it was really, really excellent and superb value for money. Attentive and friendly service from both the staff and the owner. Our only regret is that we didn't find this place sooner. Well worth a try.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We sat outside at Neptun and both first choices for main course were unavailable, as were whole pages of the menu - it seems they'd had a run on roast suckling pig and roast lamb the previous night, and didn't have any of the toppings left for the pizza I wanted. Nevertheless, second choices were ordered along with a litre of the house red, which was eminently quaffable and slipped down a treat. All in, great value - the whole lot (2 mains, 1L of wine, 1 dessert & tip) came to <250HRK, or less than £30.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I agree with the last review. It's great for your family, casual, and not expensive. It's a Konoba so there is an open fire inside and there are a lot of meat dishes. It was not as good as our other restaurants, but by the end of our trip we were tired of the seafood/fancy scene.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

This restaurant is my local - the food is good and the menu has lots of variety. I really like this place for evening dining when I am not dressing up - its easy to be here and near the pubs and nightlife areas...

2  Thank Minnie2012