All reviewspremium apartmenttaxi boatgreat swimmingspacious bedroomhired a carenjoyable stayoverlooking the seasupermarketpoolstennismicrowaveveniceboats
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Absolutely lovely!
Would come back again, it was like paradise <3

The food, the staff and the location were all incredible!
If you get the chance, go there in the summer season ( the latest in September).

P.S Croats were awesome!

Stayed: June 2018
MaistraCroatia, Manager at Amarin Studio and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Wolciu,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was such a success!
All our staff work very hard to meet our guests’ needs and exceed their expectations. I will therefore personally pass on your praise to our entire team.
Thank you again for such wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The apartment we got was overall ok,
The air conditioning could not be controlled or turned off.
Checking in is poorly managed in a non conditioned office (matter of about 40minuets)
When we called the room housekeeping and maintenance to get more towels and due to a problem in the shower-no one came and we had to go to their main office to serve ourselves.
Also, when you turn on the light in the toilet(shower) there is a vent turned on automatically with a terribly loud noise that as well could not be turned off,
Nice place, bad experience.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
MaistraCroatia, Manager at Amarin Studio and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear Mr Eran S,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
I truly regret that we were not able to meet during your stay with us to resolve this issue. I have personally checked the details regarding this matter and we have taken the necessary measures to improve our services and quality control.
The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our team strive to provide and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Firstly we love Croatia and it’s people but what to say about Amarin..where do I start, the apartments are absolutely awful, moldy, grubby, outdated and we felt like we was in a concrete box whilst sitting on the terrace due to a big wall blocking out the light. The supermarket, restaurants, sun loungers, parasols, sports activities, basically everything are all very expensive compared to every other areas visited including several other Maistra resorts. The swimming pools are far too small for the amount of people they pack into the place and very dirty. The staff are some are the most rudest people we have ever come across in fact the nicest people are the cleaners. There was an incident involving my 11 year old daughter at the pool that I am shocked and angered that it wasn’t dealt with properly!! During Aqua fun ran by Ivan from the animation team my daughter was punched in the side of the head, dragged under the water and kneed in the eye by a full grown man!! Rather than stopping the game or helping my daughter the animation team were completely useless. It was left to me to pull her up out of the water despite her screams that her neck and head hurt and she couldn’t move it!! I shouted at the man who had hurt her and his response was a shrug. I then approached Ivan for help due to it being a head injury, but again all I got was a smirk and a shrug as he said no english, which ok fair enough, he may not speak very good English but my daughter and I was visably very upset and distressed so you would of thought that he would of got another member of staff that did speak English!! Speaking of staff, seeing as it was a pool incident, where was a lifeguard or any other member of staff to administer first aid to help us...oh all standing chatting sniggering with each other!! I would of thought the safety of the guests was paramount!! We are now home in England and my daughter had been feeling sick and still complaining of a neck and head ache so we took her to the Doctors for her to be checked over and she has mild concussion!! Needless to say I would never recommend this place to others as it is one of the worst Maistra in Istria.All parents should avoid this place for the safety of their children and go elsewhere!! Despite bad reviews we had read about this place we gave it the benefit of doubt but wish we hadn’t!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon D

Dear Mrs Sharon D,
Thank you for your comments and detailed explanations. On my personal behalf and on behalf of the entire Amarin Resort team, I would like to apologise for failing to meet your expectations.
We strive every day to exceed the expectations of our guests, as their satisfaction is our priority. We regret that we did not do so in your case. We have taken measures of even greater supervision and additional training in order to improve the level of service we offer to our valued guests.
We hope you will return to experience the many enhancements we made. We will do our utmost to exceed your expectations and regain your trust and support.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 4, 2018

My hopes were not high, we had booked this as we were going to a function nearby and the reviews were quite mixed on Trip Advisor. I am glad to say that I worried in vain.
We booked a superior one bed apartment for 2 adults and 2 kids. The apartment had everything you could need for a short day (including shampoo, conditioner, washing up liquid). The bedroom was big and bright with plenty of storage and a very decent bed. The sofabed for the kids in the living room was fine. The aircon worked brilliant (thank God, it was boiling) and there was a maid service every two days, which I wasn´t expecting. The balcony was a really good size, included a clothes horse and had a great view.
The resort itself was great. I don´t have a huge experience with places of this size, but it is huge. There is everything you could want to do: several salt-water pools, a private beach (you have to pay for the beds and brolly but we were only charged once in the 6 days we were there and it did stop people hogging the loungers and not using them). There is also tennis, playgrounds, a kids club, a water taxi into Rovijni, and loads of other things that we never or saw but knew were there.
The staff were really helpful, we were there in peak season but they were friendly and the place never felt totally over-crowded. The restaurant was fine too, not overpriced and the food was good. All in all I would definitely go back and the kids absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view and the "upstairs" rooms seem much quieter
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear TopTripMunich,

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at this resort. Enjoyed our stay. Our apartment was modern, clean and comfortable with all that we needed. The resort has lots to do for kids, pool, restaurants, shops, games etc. It is right on the beach as well. The resort is a 5 minute drive out of Rovinj. You can get a water taxi across or a much cheaper option is to drive and park nearby (easy to do). Note the onsite supermarket is very expensive and better to stop at the small supermarket on the road from Rovinj. Overall, lovely and enjoyable stay at this lively resort.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear Tabrahfamily,
On my personal behalf and on behalf of the whole Amarin Resort, I would like to thank you for having been our guest and for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
We are delighted that our service and hospitality contributed to making your stay a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Your comments are extremely important to us as they allow us to see what we do well and where there may still be room for improvement. This helps us identify ways in which we can improve our services, which, in turn, enhances the satisfaction of our guests.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.