“One to avoid i'm affrad!”
Review of LA VELA

LA VELA
Ranked #17 of 177 Restaurants in Rovinj
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“One to avoid i'm affrad!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

What i liked is short, the establishment itself is full old of old world charm and it is in a good location. I suppose the pasta was also somewhat edible ...

What I disliked however, I can spend a bit more time on, for a pizza restaurant though, especially one in such close proximity to Italy was terrible! I don't know how this place has stayed open, if I wasn't so hungry I wouldn't of taken a second bite. I spent every mouth full trying to work out what is was but I think it was a number of things; the base was too salty, the cheese used was obviously incredibly cheap and I don't think mozarella. The service was also questionable. Being the only guest in the restaurant one would've thought I would have been well looked after but the football match seemed to be much more interesting and on two occasions I had to try and raise my voice. Not impressed ....

I tried 4 Pizza places during my stay in Rovinj and have to say without a doubt this one places last. If you want Pizza, go to Sergio's, if you want more variety of italian food go to Roma.

Visited March 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
“A dinner worth a million thanks!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I just had a meal of a lifetime in La Vela!!: molluscs salad, many lines of mussels, truffle oxfilet w/tagliatelle, salad, house white and house red etc etc , all for under 90 euro! That truly was a bargain and to top it the waiter Bruno was very helpful and friend's we can highly recommend VH1s restaurant to all who enjoy well made food!!

2 Thank Gourmande62
“Excellent food for reasonable price”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very good restaurant with familiar atmosphere.
Nice terrace, very good wine and lovely pizza (Slavonska!) and gnocci! We went there 3 times during our 7-days stay in Rovinj. I'd love to go back there when I'm visiting Rovinj next year!

Good menu for about 60 kuna (9 euro) / person

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Timmy H
Trieste, Italy
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place is a family run business, for that reason the service was really warm. We were party of five. Food was great, atmosphere good, value too. I must point out the tomato soup. It was delicious. I shared a fish plate for two people with an adult and it was an overkill, or you maybe have to be very very hungry.
Husband had a plate of mixed mussels which he loved. At the end of the dinner we were offered an digestif. We were there two times in our four day stay in Rovinj and we would certainly return again.

• Visited August 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“friendly folks, good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The couple that runs the place (Hrubek(?) and Patricia) are as nice as can be, very welcoming. We had delicious pasta (more than we could eat, really) and a quaffable vin ordinaire for 125 kuna (about $23).

It's easy to find, right off Karrera St. They deliver pizzas, too, if you don't feel like going out.

Visited October 2011