“Great vacation”
Review of Allegro Hotel

Allegro Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Recently I was with my family at the Allegro Hotel in Rabac . This is the first time we had this kind of holiday. by that I mean full service. It is quite expensive but we are satisfied. Everything was great, staff is wonderful, food was delicious. Only rooms where not as good as I expected considering price. They are very small and the furniture is old. But the view is perfect. I need to tell that I was with 18 month old baby and she enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Aleksandra M
Zoran R, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Ms. Aleksandra,

Thank you for posting the review on TripAdvisor. It make us extremely happy to read all the positive comments and the highlights of your stay. I especially appreciate your praises regarding our staff and food selection.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you ever need further information or help.

Warm regards from Rabac,

There are newer reviews for Allegro Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just came back from Rabac were we spent a very nice one week vacation. We were in a 3* hotel for the first time and everything was super. The food (and drinks) was good- lots to choose from, room was small-but we booked small so there was no surprise-and clean (the cleaning lady Elvira was very efficient and friendly). The only think it should be taking care of is a toilet seat- it is wrong size and shower handle. WIFI in the lobby is super and you can also use it outside while drinking near the pool bar.Parking is free, you can park around the hotel. It is anoying that people put towels on the beach and by the hotel pool very early in the morning and than they come back a few hours later...in the mean time you are acctually there and have no space to lie down. There is a sign by the pool that asks guests not to do that but.... some people are without manners. Beach is a minute walk down the hill and so beautiful, water clean. All in all the hotel really is a great value for the money and we will visit again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank nevy_83
Zoran R, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am happy to read you spent a very nice week in Rabac, as well as that you are satisfied with Allegro hotel overall.
As we continue to strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests, your feedback is valuable and greatly appreciated.
Please know that it is of utmost importance to us to provide top quality service to our guests in all areas of the hotel, and your remarks concerning leaving towels on the beach and by the pool will be used to ensure this from not happening again in the future.

It was a pleasure having you with us. We look forward to your next visit!

P.S. Elvira will be pleased to hear you enjoyed her service. :)

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was at Allegro Hotel in Rabac with my family for one week holiday in September 2013.
Allegro offers excellent food (I would say far above any other 3 star hotel in Croatia). Staff is very professional, helpful and friendly. Rooms are well equipped and clean. We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival because we got a studio for the price of superior room with couch. My only objection is little space in the closet (we had lots of stuff because we travelled with a toddler).

If you travel with car, there are lots of parking space in the shade around the hotel.

Hotel is positioned on the hill, so you have to walk downhill some 300-500 meters to reach beautiful beaches with crystal clear see.

All-inclusive bars (near the pool and in the restaurant) serve good German beer.

Club for the kids in the nearby hotel is very good (guests of Allegro may use its services for free).

Wireless internet connection at the lobby is free but very slow and unreliable.

Overall, this hotel is great value for the money and we enjoyed our stay there.
We are going again to spend one week of our family holiday there in June this year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank gudich
Zoran R, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful review. It is my pleasure to read that we met your expectations in almost every aspect of your stay and still managed to surprise you pleasently.
I greatly appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and the quality of food and will definitely pass them on to the rest of the team.
As for the wireless connection, we promptly reacted to improve it and make it much faster, so that you can carelessly surf the Internet next month when you visit us. :)
I am delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you in 'All Inclusive Light Allegro Hotel' once again. Thank you for your trust and confidence in the service we provide.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are just back with family from a one week stay at Allegro. First of all, the best thing about Allegro is the service level and commitment of staff in the hotel.
Example -- we had 2 rooms, one with Standard Park side on the 1st floor and other with Standard Sea side view of the 4th and when I asked if we could change our rooms closer to each other, we were given an upgarde to sea side room without any questions asked.
Be sure to ask for Sea Side rooms, they are only little extra charge but eventually with much better ambience and value.
Another example of a friendly service -- I was returning to hotel late at night and asked for a quick bite (there were no snacks in the bar´s menu and kitchen was closed couple of hrs ago), so the barman fixed me a sandwich from the kitchen (I think he made it himself), coupe of fruits and some chips. And he asked me to pay only for the beer I did ordered !! This is something you don´t see in Cyprus or Greece or Canarian Islands or some other places.
Concerning facilities at Allegro -- I´m sure we could have found better (newer) hotel within our budget, but as we were looking for "all inclusive ", and AI is not very common in Croatian hotels, we had ony couple of options. Generally, I suggest all incusive, it will save you lot of time and money as eating out is relatively expensive in Croatian resorts, in high season. There are 2 shortcomings, one of them is the dining area, which is too small for the number of hotel visitors and especially in lunch time (12:00...13:30) there are lot of people, queing for food, lot of noise etc. For breakfast and dinner they have 3hrs, but for lunch 1.5 hrs .. dont know why ..
Another thing is the pool at Allegro, which is with seawater. It might seem as a good idea at first, but showers nearby the pool work only with ice-cold water, so almost nobody was using them. and salty seawater dries up your skin and hair .. OK, all in all it was a pleasant stay and if you are with family, Allegro could be an option to look at.

Room Tip: Standard Seaside View
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lauri L
Golja V, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Lauri L

On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for staying in our hotel. We are grateful that you have shared with us impressions from that period.
Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services.
This was really a nice letter; very motivating to our crew. It made us happy and proud to hear that we’ve met your expectations. We were pleased, because we share the happiness of our patrons; and we were proud because your satisfaction with our service is a validation of our mission and goal fulfilment.
I can assure you that quality and courteous service is our ongoing task and that we will continue to make your stay in our premises special.

Kind regards,

ValterGolja

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am staying here at the moment. The hotel is pleasant. The setting is lovely. Upon arrival, I was given room 3112 this is on the lower level. Whilst the room had a balcony the room absolutely stank of mould and damp. I did go to complain, and my initial reaction was that the staff were to impressed at people that complain. However the room was changed in the morning with no fuss or problems. The rooms themselves are pretty small, the bathrooms are tiny. there is no safe, or anything to rest a suitcase on. The rooms are very narrow, so you must squeeze between the furniture and the bed. but they are clean and functionalThe other downside for me is the food. It is the same everyday and pretty bland., really nothing to write home about. However, for me a single mum, it is nice not to have to think too much about the food as it is included. The pool area is nice, clean and there is a nice terrace below. The best bit for me, iS the kids club. The staff are very friendly and helpful and my daughter loves it. They have activities throughout the day, something in the morning, the afternoon, and in the evenings a mini disco and or other entertainment. Absolute heaven for a 6 year old.

The area itself is beautiful, the beaches are stunningly clean, and it is not packed with beer swilling Brits. There is a nice mix of nationalities in the area and it is very laid back. A region i have just discovered and will be back to.

Room Tip: Avoid lower level. Lots of damp and mould smells.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fidgety9
Golja V, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Mr./Fidgety,

Sincerely yours
Valter Golja
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2013

the room was very small, there is no room for us to pack our clothes out. the food was of a particularly bad quality all food tasted the same as it was cooked in the same oil and the hygiejne off the cooks where not impresive. Nothing came out of the shower. the toilet seat was defective, the Outlet drain sewer lid was broken. the air conditioning was not very effective. in the pool the water was very milky and in the 8 days we were there, the pool was not changed  or cleaned once. this hotel do not deliver all inclusive this concept they have is a full pension. I would never go there again ore recommend it to others.

Room Tip: ask for sea view park view is to park cars
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Henrik D

Dear Mr. Lauri L

Kind regards,

ValterGolja

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just came back from Rabac, hotel Allegro.
VERY good impressions. We were staying there with kids for more then 3 week. And I want to say that it was a first hotel in my life there the food was still very good even after 4 weeks of staying. Meat, fish, vegetables, pastas, soups, risottos, even nice wine (!). Very and very friendly staff in restaurant. We some times were a bit late for a launch or dinner and never heard any clue about a restaurant working hours. The only (-) : very boring breakfast. Comment for hotel management: add pan cakes, porridge/cereals or so. You have so many kids in the hotel! They will be appreciated ))
The cleaning lady who cleaned our rooms for first three weeks (Drina) was just perfect! Thanks a lot to her!
The hotel proposes much more to their guests then usual 3* hotels: live and very nice music in the evening, thematic nights, ets.
We would return to Allegro if next time in Rabac.

Room Tip: Rooms with park view are not hot (in shadow) in afternoon. So if you are not a big fan of air-condit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kulikatya
Golja V, General Manager at Allegro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Kulikatya,