“just gets better”
Review of Hedera Hotel

Hedera Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have just returned from the promised second week in this hotel. It just gets better. Still as spotlessly clean as in May. No signs of wear after a busy summer season. The staff were remarkable, they remembered me and greeted me by name. (This was the waiters, not the reception staff who had access to my name) The food was even better than in May, there seemed to be even more choice. This time I stopped in a sea view room with balcony. It was perfectly spotless, had lots of places to plug things in, and the view was amazing over the bay.
Having never been back to the same resort twice for a holiday until now, I am no less impressed and am booking for a third trip next year. Peaceful perfection!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz G
There are newer reviews for Hedera Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2012

When booking make sure you ask for a sea view room, otherwise you will face a suprise, which is a noisy road just a metre from your window. This road is worse then a raceway, noise lasting well into the night. If you want to rest, then these rooms are not for that purpose.
Buses, service trucks, mobile homes on wheels, motorcycles, mopeds by the hundreds race up and down. Too bad, because this spoils the feeling of being on holiday away from traffic, I give credit though to cleanliness, food is on par with other hotels we stayed in, location for strolling on the seawalk is good, also good location for hopping to vaious sites for sightseeing. Lift capacity is only 4 persons, long waits for a free one, and also it goes only to the 6 th. floor, having to walk up to the 7 th. Room very sparse, old style T.V., toilet cover kept falling off. Luckily we only used the hotel as a base and were away for the duration of the day sightseeing at other places.
Yes...what you pay is what you get....goes the saying...but the noise breaks all rules. Whoever was the architect should be punished by locking him in rooms like that for a week. (why a road at the 6 th. floor? Because the complex is built into the mountain side)

Room Tip: Be sure to check room location, in no way accept a road facing room, which are the 6 th., and 7 th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 901Traveller901
Reviewed June 18, 2012

we have just come back from staying at this hotel we were in room 211 there was nowhere to plug the kettle/phone in, the only place to plug things in was the bathroom.The food was not very good,the only things we liked were the fried eggs at breakfast,The toast had to go round 3 times before it was done.We are not fussy eaters we eat anything but there is a limit to wot you can eat ,the best meal was lamb.The area is very nice take the small train around the bay only about £1 00 well worth it and go on the fish picnic about £20 you go on a boat ride to Cres island look around it then get back on board for your picnic.They will give you a ticket for 1 drink beer/ wine /or juice but beware you get a pint of it and i mean the wine aswell,(that had nothing to do with me falling over on the beach)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeannette59_11
Reviewed May 24, 2012

stayed for a week in this hotel. The first impression was how spotessly clean it was. This lasted all week. I've never seen floors sparkle like it! Next came the staff, the could not have been nore friendly or helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I feel I have made good friends there who I will stay in touch with. The food was wonderful. We booked half board, I was wary as I am a coeliac. I need not have worried at all. They understood perfectly and guided me to what I could eat from the buffet. There was always lots of choice, and all food was cooked wonderfully. The pool was also spotlessly clean no matter what time of day you went to it.
On returning home it took me 30hrs to book to go back in 4month time. I cant wait. Lovely hotel with perfect people in a perfect part of the world (Says a lot as I am very fussy, croatia was my 19th country and I've lostc ount of the number of hotels I've stopped in!)

Room Tip: street side have no balcony or sea view, but cost less. If you book street side there are communal b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Like many of the reviewers, we went for a week with Travelsphere (although we did our own flights via Zagreb and rented a car). The hotel was really very good for saying we paid £600 for two people half-board (excluding flights). The staff were friendly and very helpful (the Travelsphere rep was an absolute gem!) The room (fourth floor) was fine -not spacious, but very clean. The breakfast buffet was OK and the evening meal, whilst not haute cuisine, was very adequate - always some salads. soup, choice of several hot dishes and sweet - sometimes cake or fruit, sometimes ice cream. The village, with many bars and restaurants is only a 5 minute walk away..
All in all an OK stay

Room Tip: Go for a sea view with balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank martyngs
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed at the Hedera with Travelsphere on our first trip to Croatia. The hotel didn't have many frills but you get what you pay for. Everywhere was spotless and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was OK, particularly as we only paid an extra £49 per week to be half board, and that included limitless wine. The bedrooms were basic but sufficient. The swimming pools at the Hedera and the Mimosa next door were good, although the experience slightly marred by Germans changing by the side of the pool without using their towels very judiciously! The local Travelsphere reps, Vladka and Marina, were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Apart from a pleasant walk up the hill to Labin, I don't think that there was too much to see locally so were dependant on the organised trips which were fine. All in all a good value holiday and we look forward to returning to Croatia.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrismCambridgeshire
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have just returned from a holiday in Rabac and I stayed at the hotel hedera (travelled in a group with Travelsphere). There was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. Firstly, I never even noticed the camp site until I went to the beach, it wasn't unsightly and they were not noisy at all, the pool was a lovely relaxing place to be and there were no screaming children or people who put their towels on the sunbeds! Even if they did it didnt matter, there were so many you would get one anyway!! And I went on half term!!! The hotel was basic but very clean, the staff were helpful and the food was fine, unless of course you are extremely fussy about what you eat then you might struggle, but then again who goes on holiday to eat the same food as you do at home, I go to embrace their culture and try different things! Anyway, for those of you who have read the awful reports on this area, seriously, don't listen. I had a lovely holiday, and theres plenty to do down at the harbour. I found lots of little lovely boat trips to do and there are lovely little coves that you get to yourself on the beach, and for the price its great!! If you want five star accomodation and food you know what to do!

• Stayed: June 2010