“A hidden little piece of heaven....”
Review of Miramar Hotel

Miramar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Reviewed September 24, 2013

So i've just come back from a week in Rabac with my boyfriend where we stayed in the Hotel Miramar & it was just a wonderful relaxing week away.When we arrived @ the hotel we were greeted by Zoran the manager on duty who was very helpful & pleasent & he upgraded our room.My first impression of the hotel was how clean it was & very pretty marble reception area,all the hotel staff were very pleasent & helpful & especially Suzana who kept our room in tip top shape the week we were there.We had breakfast & dinner included in our package,but had to pay for lunch which was cheap & cheerful.The area itself was lovely & quaint,beautiful scenery & very clean area aswell,it was nice to stroll up & down the promenade & look @ all that was on offer to buy or stop in one of the many restaurants for a spot of lunch or a few cocktails,i would definitely recommend Rabac & Hotel Miramar for a chilled out relaxing getaway & soak up some of the beautiful sites it has to offer,i hope they never go into the EURO because it is so cheap there.........

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking a moment to write a review on Miramar Hotel and for making it your holiday destination while in Rabac, Croatia.

It is a pleasure to read you had a wonderful and relaxing week with us. Thank you for the compliments on my behalf and on behalf of my staff, especially Suzana and housekeeping department. I am glad you were satisfied with how well she kept your room clean and rest assured that I will pass your kind words to her and that she will be praised for it.

I am happy you explored the resort and enjoyed your walks and strolls around our beautiful Rabac, and had a good time in nearby restaurants and cocktail bars. Beside that, all for very affordable, even cheap prices, still in 'Kuna' currency. :)

Also, many thanks for the wonderful photos of our hotel and of Rabac that you posted.

I remain at your service and look forward to having you back!

There are newer reviews for Miramar Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first stay in Miramar hotel, the property does need a modern update the perfect location deserve a quality upgrade I hope that will come with time the staff from managers,specially reception and bar, dining room and room service excellent, wonderful always helpful and kind hopefully we will see you again we must mention Rabac apart from being one off the most beautiful places on Istrian peninsula with is clear water many bays in pebble beaches it does need sprucing to attract people from all over. By saying all that myself and my wife we had good time thanks again from down under Australia margerita & bruno

Room Tip: superior room with view top floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Mrs. Margerita and Mr. Bruno,

thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience on TripAdvisor. It was a real pleasure having you as our dear quests in Hotel Miramar.

Although you may not have been the guests from the remotest destination, you were certainly the ones with the longest stay here so far. Therefore it is no wonder, that after being with us for more than month, you would have welcomed a bit of new, modern improvements in the hotel. :)

I am glad to read you have truly enjoyed your holiday and had a good time in our „Istrian gem“, Rabac.

My genuine thanks for you kind compliments regarding the location, service and staff. It is wonderful to see that our effort and hard work is being noticed and valued.

I love your innovative title for our wonderful little resort on the eastern side of Istrian peninsula and would be more than happy to have the opportunity of welcoming you here again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need any help or information.

Warm regards to way down under Australia.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our first time in Croatia, it certainly wont be our last! What a truly beautiful clean welcoming and relaxing area is the Istrian Riviera.We arrived at the hotel quiet early, our room was ready and what a wonderful warm welcome we received. We were made to feel so very welcome straight away. Our room looked onto a car park, so we did`nt spend much time in it, however our cleaner kept it spotless, we were impressed as we have stayed in many 5 star hotels and this cleaner outshone them all.The communal areas were kept well also, all staff seemed to be tidying all the time, anytime we went by the bar area the woman was always cleaning! We only had a drink at the bar on two occasions as the menu advertised a selection of wines, which they never had, apparently it was on order at beginning of the week and still on order at the end of our week! Mealtimes were an altogether new experience for us, do`nt even bother trying to get into the dining room for 7pm.sitting, what chaos! We went for a delightful walk and a gorgeous glass of wine in the numerous restaurants and bars close by each evening.Food was always fresh and well presented, could`nt fault any of it, staff in the restaurant were also lovely.But the tables were on top of each other and chairs got tangled on each other all the time, this made for dreadful eating experience.We dreaded dinner time! We would recommend staying at this hotel as it is so convenient to all the beautiful little bays and coves, boats of all shapes and sizes for hire.Lovely friendly people work here. It is a great 3* hotel, convenient to all bays, bars, restaurants, tourist shops and boat trips. there is also some truly awesome walks in this area.Roll on next summer when we shall be returning to explore more of this amazing area, but we shall book b.b. next time in case all hotel restaurants are as unpleasant as this one!

Room Tip: try for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank b c
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

what a truly fabulous review! :)

Thank you very much for your thorough insights and comments.
I am more than glad that you have received a warm and friendly welcome by our staff. Your compliments regarding cleaning service are particularly appreciated and will be gladly passed on to our housekeeping department.

As for the dining hall, we are currently considering several solutions as on how to avoid similar situations from occuring again in the future. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during dinner time and rest assured that the same will be improved for the next season.

I am also sorry to read you didn't find the right wine from the wine card for yourself. During September, we offer a wide variety of wines from Istrian vineyards, which are not available in the regular beverage offer or wine card. We are very much proud of the Croatian wine quality and we represent our offer regularly through the Wine Tales in the bar.

Again, many thanks for your time to share your helpful comments and observations with us.

I hope we will have the chance of welcoming you in our hotel again. If you need any further help or information, pelase feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have been to Rabac before and thought a revisit would be nice. Booked Miramar for a week to recharge our batteries and that's exactly what we did. The Hotel is lovely, the staff very friendly, cheerful and helpful; nothing was too much trouble. The room was big enough for the two of us and was kept spotlessly clean and the air A/C was very welcome.
The public areas and the pool area were always clean with a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Mealtimes did feel a bit of a crush and not very relaxed but we soon got used to the way it worked. The food was excellent with a wide variation both at breakfast and dinner.
Zoran and staff even took the trouble and time to leave a lovely handwritten card and a bottle of sparkling wine in our room on my birthday. A lovely gesture which was very much appreciated.
Andrej and Sandra at the bar were very friendly and efficient, Andrej greeted us on our arrival and made us feel very welcome.
Rabac is as stunningly beautiful as we remembered it. The clear blue sea, the beautiful little bays and most of all the friendly but not pushy people with the most relaxed atmosphere. We love the place and cannot wait to come back again with our family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your recent experience at Miramar hotel.

It is wonderful to read you were impressed with our hotel, especially with the service provided to you. I will make sure to share your feedback with the staff, especially with Sandra and Andrej.

Special thanks for your understanding concerning mealtimes. I deeply appreciate it.

I am also glad you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and natural beauties of our lovely little resort and I couldn't agree more; Rabac is indeed a beautiful place with crystal clear blue sea, lots of hidden bays and untouched nature.

We look forward to your return.
Should you need any information or further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

From the moment we set foot in the hotel it was a pleasant experience. The staff were incredibly friendly and all of them spoke very good English which made it a lot easier for our stay. The room was always clean and had everything we needed. The only downside was that there was no fridge, but I guess that would be because we were half board so there was no real reason for us to keep food in the room. As for the food, breakfast was great and the variety was huge. Dinner was also very good, having all the standard type dinner foods, as well as local fish dishes and also daily specials - my personal favourite was the gnocchi and homebaked pizzas. The only criticism I could give the hotel was that the pool was salt water, but I believe that is the norm in Croatia and by no means not a problem with the hotel, just a personal preference. On an irrelevant note, I was informed by my partner that the assistant manager, Igor, is a very good looking man.

As for Rabac itself, beautiful resort, crystal clear waters, pebble beaches are nice but very difficult to walk around on - definitely recommend buying the special shoes that nearly all the shops sell at 60kn (about £7.50). Snorkelling seems to be a big thing over there as well. Plenty of trips available. There are plenty of restaurants on the promenade and plenty of bars, although there is only really the Luna bar that tends to stay open past midnight. For couples and families, this place is ideal.

Room Tip: Room with a view (usual)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your holiday experience with us. What a joy to read you found everything you wanted in our hotel and our lovely resort of Rabac.

Thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of the rooms, food at breakfast and dinner and particularly our staff. I am very proud of them, not just for being friendly, hardworking and good looking :) , but especially for their knowledge of many world languages. In Croatia we have a saying: „the more languages you know, the more you are worth“.

As for the salt water in the pool, I am very sorry that you did not quite enjoy the experience, it is however stated in our offical fact sheet on the website and travel leaflets.

I hope that one day your travel plans will bring you back again to Rabac and Hotel Miramar.

General Manger

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Fabulous holiday last week in August. Had a couple of rain storms, but they passed quickly enough, and back to sunshine. 24c to 26c was perfect. Area is similar to Italy, so beautiful.
Hotel
The hotel is well placed in Rabac and probably is the best of the area, having been in Mediterranean, and Marina. Small-ish rooms, but perfectly adequate, stylish and comfortable beds. (Mostly 2 singles in all rooms). Small wardrobe space, but ok. TV nice, 2 GB channels, 2 Russian, 1 Italian and about 15 German and the rest Croatian. My Russian wife enjoyed the Russian TV!
The Hotel is clean, contemporary and stylish. Good Wi-fi in the Bar and lounge areas, and we could even pick it up by the pool and on our balcony, so the kids were happy. Restaurant was busy, but as expected, we ate later so no issues for us. Great evening food for 3 star and plenty of it, lots of variations and nice pizza. Breakfast pretty much the same each day, but lots of variations. I agree, would be nice to have grilled tomatoes, or plum tomatoes or Mushrooms in future with breakfast. Lots of eggs, Omelet sausage and really nice bacon. Lots of continental style breakfast too, so the wife and kids were very happy, super pancakes. We didn't stay to lunch, but its a 70 Kuna option. 8.50 to the pound when we went.
Entertainment
I have stayed in many hotels in europe, for 3 star this was fine. Not every night, which actually was good, as it meant you could go out without worrying that you were missing something. The outside acts were quite good, usually singing acts. There are 4 or 5 hotels next to each other and they are all run by Valamar so you can visit others for things. There was a spectacular dance show one night and the Hotel Marina (cost a few Kuna, but reasonable). However we were all entranced by this Latin American show. Really worth the money. We didnt need the kids club as our girls are 14 and 15, but it looked good and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves, especially the Mini disco.
Drinks & coffee
The drinks and coffee were excellent, though I felt a little pricey. 12 Kuna for a cappuccino and about 21 for a coke or sprite. 24 for beer/wine (I think). They are of course hotel prices, however if they had been a little lower, we would have been encouraged to have more. eg in town, depending on size, the Cappuccino start at 6 Kuna and are usually 8 or 9. I know its small, but when you are 4 people, you have to watch the pennies.
Pool
The pools are small, but adequate, but very nice, the terrace is lovely and not crowded as the beach and town are so nice. The water in the pools is salt water. Showers and toilets by the pool are clean and nice. Lots of choice on sunbeds, umbrellas, never had a problem.
Staff & Service
The staff are the real gem of this hotel, they work really hard to ensure you have a good stay, both in the restaurant, at the desk and in the Bars. They are not pushy, but pop up just when you need them. Well done. The Hotel has a friendly family atmosphere. Maid service was very good. The guests were a full mix, with few English, but that was a bonus for us. There we a couple of french, some Italians, and quite a few Germans and even a few Russians which my wife made a few friends with.
Rabac (pronounced Rabas)
Istra is a beautiful place and a cross between Italy and other close areas of infulence, though the architecture seems mostly Italian. The Old town of Labin, is beautiful and worth a bus trip, 12 Kuna each (single). The town of Rabac is a beautiful harbour, not spoilt and just the right amount of restaurants and cafe bars. Great to walk at night, very safe. The beaches are pebbly, and not too big, but fine. The sea is something else. I have never seen so clean, even in turkey. It is amazing. Do take goggles and a snorkle, you will swim with the fish! A must is the rubber shoes to swim in as the rocks can be slippery, we did not see any sea urchins where we were. There are various showers right on the rocky outcrops on the beach, free for anyone to use. In the bigger beach sections, you can hire beds and parasols, for about 30 Kuna a day each, though we didn't bother. Remember your beach towels though.
Eating out
Sooooo cheap. The restaurant Slovija, at the end of the road by the coast, turn right and you are there. All the food was fantastic and very reasonable. 10" italian style pizza, super tasty only 45 Kuna, about £5. Elsewhere, Meatballs Chips and salad, 52 Kuna. And the ice creams are to die for, 6 Kuna (about 70p for bigger than we get in the UK, and about 35 Kuna for a massive sundae. about £4 but i mean really really big, fine for two people.

FKK
There are naturist beaches much further along the cost. Walking distance, but about 1.5 miles. Very pleasant and interesting experiance! Very european.
Day Trips
In the harbour there are lots of trips to be had on boats, to to rent a boat yourself, as well as the usual para sailing, or banana boats jet skis etc. We walked to the end of the harbour and booked with a nice lady whose husband is the skipper of the Red Dolphin glass bottom boat. I have had several boat trips and I have to say, this was the best ever. The trip was a full day, 9:00am to 17:30pm. Food and drink inclusive. Wine was like half a bottle each, massive lunch and I mean massive, steak sandwich with salad, half a 10" pizza and a whole fish. All was delishious and then they came aound with seconds. Would you like another pizza sir, another fish sir? and I am not joking. We visited the Islands and one of the prettiest villages going before lunch, then to another part where the blue caves were. My god you have to swim there amazing. Finally back to watch the dolphins, and then home again. £200 each adult and heavily discounted for children. A real bargin. We allocated about 600 Kuna a day for lunch, drinks with evening meakl and in the day, and didnt get through even that.

All in all a fabulous holiday. Well done Miramar. Thank you.

Room Tip: Sea side rooms, seem to be small, but Balcony and sea view more than makes up.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rgjc
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your valuable and thoughtful insights via Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read that we've made a great impression, but even more than this, that we contributed making your holiday a fabulous and unforgettable one.

I am truly glad that you, beside Rabac and Labin, also took the time to visit the rest of our charming peninsula and surrounding islands. We are proud of our natural beauties, hospitality of our people and local specialities, everything that you described and had the opportunity to enjoy in.

Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family in Hotel Miramar again.

Should you need any further help or information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very clean hotel . Small rooms and very little wardrobe space . Modern bathrooms. Very good view of pool and sea (room 3213) , good pool area ( and pool area closed until 8am so no having to get up too early for sunbed ) .Breakfast good ( would have been better if baked beans and / or hot tomatoes, mushrooms ) . One word on evening meal CHAOS. Stampede at 18.30 . Tables and chairs to close together . Would have liked to sit on a table on our own not with strangers 10cm away. And it was a nightmare with the chairs behind u far to close . The hotels position in Rabac is excellent . Friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zigzag_13
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on Hotel Miramar and for noting our friendly staff, wonderful sea view, as well as the position and cleanliness of the hotel.

Sorry to hear you didn't quite enjoy your dinner time, considering all the facts you mentioned above. It is true that our dining hall is a bit crowded at peak times, but we are working hard to change it and avoid the same situation from happening again next season.

I do hope that alltogether you had a pleasant stay with us and that we will have the chance of welcoming you in our hotel again.

Kind regards,