Miramar Hotel
  • Pool
Adoral(Rabac)
Narcis(Rabac)
View Hotel
All reviewsice creamsteep hilltravel kettlehotel is spotlessly cleanside sea view roomthe wrong roomwe stayed half boardbreakfast and dinnerpebble beachesweek holidaywalking difficultiessmall balconyend of the seasona bit crampedmost eveningsplenty of choicehire car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our first holiday in Hrvatska and already a very good experience at our first stay in hotel Miramar: friendly and helpful personnel at reception and hospitality desk, nice and clean rooms and bathroom, lowest A/C noice level I have ever experienced, excellent and very extensive breakfast and dinner buffet, clean swimming pool area, nice evening programs by the pool, ... We enjoyed a morning stretching session with Kreso, the warm greets from Zoran and Igor one night when entering the dining room (nice surprise, tasting croatian grappas before dinner!), smiles from Sandra, chats with Jasna at the hospitality desk (she really is a big asset to your hotel!), Ivan, Boris, Andrea, ... all such friendly and motivated people! We will definitely return!
Family Poels-Godts

Room Tip: We had rooms 3016 and 3017 with sea-view and virtually NO A/C unit noise whatsoever!!! Very large and soft beds too!!!
1  Thank Kris P
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Kris,

what a pleasure to read such an impressive review and have a satisfied guest like yourself! Makes us even more friendly, helpful and motivated. I will surely pass all your impressions to the staff and they will definitely be more than glad and happy to hear this.

Sincere thanks for all the compliments on account of the room, A/C, food, morning and evening programs also. Glad you liked the grappas!

It would really be wonderful to welcome you and you family in Miramar again, so if you need any further information or help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week family holiday at the Miramar. We found the hotel to be spacious, very clean and tidy. The rooms were of a good size, well maintained and well equipped. Likewise, the shower room & toilet was clean, tidy and well maintained.
We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. In particular, we were impressed by the fact that the manager (Zoran) and deputy manager (Igor) regularly mixed with the guests and would greet the guests as they entered the dining room. Elvis, the restaurant manager, was always very friendly and helpful as, in fact, were all the restaurant staff. Finally, in terms of special mentions, we found Kreso (one of the "animation" team) particularly friendly, chatty and sociable.
We are vegetarians and often find that hotels (and restaurants) don't really offer very much choice for us. Although the food in the Miramar restaurant is predominantly meat orientated there was, in fact, quite a good choice for veggies. If I could make one suggestion/request regarding the food in the restaurant? It would be to please don't put meat and/or fish in almost all the pasta and salad dishes! That said, the breakfast choice is overwhelming and was never a problem and, in the evenings, the pizzas were excellent (although these too often had meat on them).
Finally, when we arrived at the hotel, we found that our 2 teenage children (son & daughter) had been allocated a double bed. When we raised this with the hotel reception they swapped the room (for a twin) without any fuss what so ever.
We are already considering a return trip to the Miramar, perhaps just for a week (without the kids!), in September.
Thank you Miramar.

4  Thank CarlandLinda001
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Carl and Mrs. Linda,

thank you for sharing your amazing holiday experience with us. It is my pleasure to know that you came home relaxed, satisfied and full of positive impressions about our hotel and staff resposible of making you feel as best as possible.

I gladly recall your family and you staying with us for these two weeks and I am sure the rest of the staff does too. Your kind words and nice compliments will be passed to Igor, Elvis and Krešo. They will definitely be delighted and thankful!

Many thanks to the restaurant and food observations as well. I deeply appreciate your suggestion concerning meat in salads and pastas and will certainly insist on this minor changes in the menu.

It would be just wonderful to see you and welcome you in our Hotel back in September, a month ideal for couples when everything is more peaceful, relaxing and calmer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any information or further assistance.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a july holiday at this resort, found the hotel very clean, tidy and provided to all needs. Food was excellent, I'm used to spanish all inclusive holidays where every night the food is 'something with chips' but here they had very edible stews, pizzas, salads and pastas etc. Had a good room, but only 2 English-language channels which was a shame as we'd have liked to watch a bit of wimbkedon. No quarms with the hotel or staff all though one night we had poorly made cocktails.

One tip, if you suffer with motion/travel sickness stock up on tablets because to get to the resort its a road through and down the mountains which feels like it lasts forever when you feel ill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lydia d
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Ms. Lydia,

I appreciate that you took the time to write a review of Hotel Miramar on TripAdvisor.

It is nice of you to compliment our hotel, especially its tidiness and cleanliness. We are particularly proud of our cuisine, which is changing on the 14-day basis and consists of seafood, fresh fish and squids, meat, vegetables, pastas, risottos, salads, soups, pizzas, desserts and fruits. A great variety of choice for everyone!

Concerning the TV in rooms, there are indeed only two English-language channels, but many channels in other languages too. As I recall, there were people watching the Wimbledon final in the hotel lobby bar, and to the great excitement of all our British quests Andy Murray was the WINNER! :))

So, if you ever wish for another ‘great holiday’ just as the one you have had this July, do not hesitate to contact me. We would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you in our hotel again.

P.S. I hope that the overwhelming view on Rabac bay and clear blue sea somehow managed compensate for the winding road and sickness you experienced while driving.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed a few days there with or daughter in a room with a bed and a sofa. It was a bit small for the three of us but since we had a balcony as well, it was more than OK. The room had see view, it was very-very nice. The windows were almost absolutely sound proof, so -although there where parties out there in other restaurants and hotels, we could rest when we wanted to. The room and the bathroom were both modern, everything worked just fine.
We had half board with a breakfast and dinner buffet. Booth were great with seafood and everything else from the Mediterranean cuisine, it was fantastic. A bit disturbing was that we had to pay extra for sodas in the evening (not for the breakfast, than the same automate was free).
The staff was always friendly.
The hotel has a swimming pool an the beach is just a minute walk away, so we had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: If you travel with one kid, consider choosing a bigger room instead of a twin room with sofa, it's too small
2  Thank Csaba G
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us. I am pleased to read that you are satisfied with our hotel, service and many more. It is nice of you to notice our modern interior. We are continually investing in its renovation and decoration.

The rooms with the sea view are indeed something extraordinary and I am glad you enjoyed the view and the balcony, although the room was a bit tight. For families with children we suggest our family rooms with connecting doors.

Many thanks for the compliments on the account of our Mediterranean cuisine. We put a lot of effort and attention to the quality of meals and freshness of the ingredients.

It is just wonderful to know you had a fantastic time in Rabac and enjoyed our beautiful beaches, sea and sunny weather.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in Hotel Miramar again. If I can be of any futher assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel is very good.The location,everywhere was very clean the staff helpful and friendly a good selection of food-but it was never very hot!I would stay at this hotel again.Lots of bar to visit in the evenings

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janet g
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Ms Janet,

I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at Miramar Hotel. I was delighted to read your feedback and glad that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide.

As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.

Please do come and see us again soon.

My best regards,