“great holiday”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a july holiday at this resort, found the hotel very clean, tidy and provided to all needs. Food was excellent, I'm used to spanish all inclusive holidays where every night the food is 'something with chips' but here they had very edible stews, pizzas, salads and pastas etc. Had a good room, but only 2 English-language channels which was a shame as we'd have liked to watch a bit of wimbkedon. No quarms with the hotel or staff all though one night we had poorly made cocktails.

One tip, if you suffer with motion/travel sickness stock up on tablets because to get to the resort its a road through and down the mountains which feels like it lasts forever when you feel ill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lydia d
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Ms. Lydia,

I appreciate that you took the time to write a review of Hotel Miramar on TripAdvisor.

It is nice of you to compliment our hotel, especially its tidiness and cleanliness. We are particularly proud of our cuisine, which is changing on the 14-day basis and consists of seafood, fresh fish and squids, meat, vegetables, pastas, risottos, salads, soups, pizzas, desserts and fruits. A great variety of choice for everyone!

Concerning the TV in rooms, there are indeed only two English-language channels, but many channels in other languages too. As I recall, there were people watching the Wimbledon final in the hotel lobby bar, and to the great excitement of all our British quests Andy Murray was the WINNER! :))

So, if you ever wish for another ‘great holiday’ just as the one you have had this July, do not hesitate to contact me. We would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you in our hotel again.

P.S. I hope that the overwhelming view on Rabac bay and clear blue sea somehow managed compensate for the winding road and sickness you experienced while driving.

Kind regards,
Zoran Rajković

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Gyorzamoly, Gyor-Moson-Sopron, Hungary
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed a few days there with or daughter in a room with a bed and a sofa. It was a bit small for the three of us but since we had a balcony as well, it was more than OK. The room had see view, it was very-very nice. The windows were almost absolutely sound proof, so -although there where parties out there in other restaurants and hotels, we could rest when we wanted to. The room and the bathroom were both modern, everything worked just fine.
We had half board with a breakfast and dinner buffet. Booth were great with seafood and everything else from the Mediterranean cuisine, it was fantastic. A bit disturbing was that we had to pay extra for sodas in the evening (not for the breakfast, than the same automate was free).
The staff was always friendly.
The hotel has a swimming pool an the beach is just a minute walk away, so we had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: If you travel with one kid, consider choosing a bigger room instead of a twin room with sofa, it'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Csaba G
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us. I am pleased to read that you are satisfied with our hotel, service and many more. It is nice of you to notice our modern interior. We are continually investing in its renovation and decoration.

The rooms with the sea view are indeed something extraordinary and I am glad you enjoyed the view and the balcony, although the room was a bit tight. For families with children we suggest our family rooms with connecting doors.

Many thanks for the compliments on the account of our Mediterranean cuisine. We put a lot of effort and attention to the quality of meals and freshness of the ingredients.

It is just wonderful to know you had a fantastic time in Rabac and enjoyed our beautiful beaches, sea and sunny weather.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in Hotel Miramar again. If I can be of any futher assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel is very good.The location,everywhere was very clean the staff helpful and friendly a good selection of food-but it was never very hot!I would stay at this hotel again.Lots of bar to visit in the evenings

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank janet g
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Ms Janet,

I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at Miramar Hotel. I was delighted to read your feedback and glad that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide.

As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.

Please do come and see us again soon.

My best regards,
Morfa Nefyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A great hotel, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us, excellent range of food for breakfast and dinner. The place was spotlessly clean. Plenty of sunbeds around pool. The beach was only about 330 yards and little shops along the waterfront to brouse around in the evening. The weather was brilliant. Would go back again hopefully nex year

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor in a sunny position
1 Thank iol606
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow! What a great review! I am so happy that you just indulged yourself during your June hols and that we were part of it. This is our greatest reward and satisfaction. As you put it, we always try our best to give our maximum.

I am glad that even the weather was in your favor so you could relax and enjoy our beautiful beaches.

I look forward to seeing you in near future for an even better holiday in Miramar.
The whole team awaits you!

Sunny greetings,
General manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the Miramar early June for 1 weeks holiday with a friend - she has already left a review but I wanted to reiterate about our experience.

The hotel was generally very nice - rooms were good, really clean, though a little small. We had a partial sea-view balcony room which was great for sitting out on in the evening. The bar and pool area were also of a good standard. Free wifi in the reception area was beneficial and the check in process was efficient. The beach was really close and the surroundings are stunning.

The one thing that I found upsetting about our experience at this hotel was the way we were treated by the staff - one in particular. We felt as young Brits (early 20's and the youngest guests there at the time by far) that we were judged as soon as we walked in - we are both respectable young professionals who work hard and wanted a relaxing break, but I felt like they expected us to be loud and obnoxious because of our age/nationality. We were given the furthest away room in the top corner of the hotel. Staff often greeted other guests as they walked past - we were ignored.

We also had issues in the restaurant where we were always served last for drinks regardless of where we were sitting - the waitress took a dislike to us for no reason and even shouted at as once for bringing our own water to the table - not only was this extremely embarrassing as it drew the attention of the surrounding tables, but we only brought the bottled water because the previous 5 nights she had only served us after everyone else and after we had finished our third course (we are Scottish and not used to the heat, we can't wait for over an hour for a drink of water with a meal!) I was actually in shock at the manner in which she spoke to us. She also kicked up a fuss one night, further embarrassing us about us not paying for our water when we specifically asked for it to be charged to our room.

The young red haired girl who worked at the bar was really pleasant - always helpful and always acknowledged us - but can't say the same for the rest.

Overall, Rabac was beautiful and I loved the holiday, I couldn't recommend Croatia enough for a relaxing break. It is a shame that the experience was tainted by a member of staff being so rude.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a balcony sea view room - great for sitting out at night when its still warm.
1 Thank RuthH89
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Ruth,

thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hotel Miramar on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read you were satisfied with the room, balcony, pool, free wifi and Rabac in general, as well as the check-in process.

However, your complaints about the staff troubled our whole team and I assure you that this did not go unnoticed. I already took your friend's review into serious consideration. We addressed the problem with staff in the restaurant. Such behaviour is unacceptable and simply out of the question. Our mission is to provide a superb service and unforgetable holiday memories to each guest no matter the age or places of origin.

It is sad for me to realize that, as you also nicely put it, your holiday experience was tainted by a member of staff being rude and that this overshadowed the positive and lovely things we have to offer. Once again, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience or embarrasement caused to you and your friend.

Finally, I greatly appreciate the room tip and photo that you posted and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just got home from a weeks holiday. The staff there were great, very friendly. Lovely air conditioned rooms. Had an amazing view of the bay from the room. Would deffinately go back. So much to do which we didnt expect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Lisa R
Dear Ms. Lisa,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful words following your stay with us at Miramar Hotel.

I was so glad that you enjoyed the welcome, the service we provide to our guests and the facilities we offer at the hotel. I have passed on your kind comments to all the team at the hotel.

Please do come and see us again soon so we can once again meet your expectations.

My best wishes,
Edinburgh
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week with my friend and have mixed feelings about the experience.

Good points -

Our room wasn't that big but it was fine for the time we spent in it. It was always cleaned and the balcony was a good size with a beautiful view.

The beach was close.

Free Wifi.

Bad points -

We felt as though we had been judged as soon as we walked in the place. Not every young British person wants to go to Magaluf and binge drink. We were simply there for a relaxing time away. Yet every time we walked through the hotels we were met with rude stares from staff and other guests. The only nice members of staff we came across were the woman who cleaned our room and the young girl behind the bar.

Drink prices at the bar were too expensive for what you got.

As pointed out in other reviews on here, meal times were atrocious. The tables were far too close together. The staff were very rude, too busy and untrained.

We felt as though we were always served last for drinks as well and found that we had finished our meals before the 'waitress' had even got to us, again feeling slightly discriminated against because of our age.

Therefore one night we decided to take a bottle of water to dinner with us as no one can eat a meal without something to drink in heat that you are not used to, we're from Scotland after all. Now, I've seen some over reactions in my time but wow... the 'waitress' actually lectured us on the fact we were not meant to have the water there - would like to point out that no where in the hotel does it state not to do so. She even put her hand in my friends face and 'excused me'd' her when she tried to explain our situation to her. By this point everyone around us was staring and it was very embarrassing. This was the height of rudeness and she talked to us as if we were stupid. A simple quiet 'girl's can you please not drink that in here' would have been fine.

We never set foot back in the restaurant therefore wasted our money.

The same 'waitress' the night before also did not come back for the money for our drinks once she had FINALLY got to us. We waited for a very long time and even tried to get her attention but she put her nose in the air and ignored us. We weren't going to waste our time waiting any longer so assumed it would get charged to our room at the end of our stay. Which it did but the receptionist was also very rude to us about it. We're not poor and can afford a couple of drinks thanks!

The food was okay but not great. We are both vegetarian and found there was not much choice for us and lived on pizza for a week.

Rabac is a gorgeous place but would never go back to this hotel. I wouldn't even expect to be treated like that at a Travelodge.

2 Thank Nicolad11Edinburgh
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your review following your stay with us at Miramar. I find your remarks very useful as we strive for constant improvement in every area of the hotel's operation and management. I was glad to read that you were satisfied with the room's balkony, the view and the cleanliness, something we are very proud of.

It is disappointing to see that we've got far more „bad points“ than the good ones. It rather worries me to read the whole experience you've had, especially with the hotel staff. I need to point out here that our prime dedication is to high quality education and training of our team, from the cleaning ladies, to receptionists and finally management.

We all try our best to ensure that our guests are provided with the best service. „Rude stares, unappropriate answers, unkindness...“ all of which you mentioned are unacceptable in our hotel, so please accept my appologies for the inconvienence and bad behaviour you obviously experienced. Actually, if you happen to remember the names of the persons in question, I would greatly appreciate if you could send them to my e-mail zoran.rajkovic@riviera.hr so that I could ensure this would never happen in future again. Thank you in advance.

I am also very sad to hear of your disappointments with our couisine, since it was unnecessary discontent. In our restaurant we offer a 14-days menu. For the special requests as is the vegetarian food, you should have noticed us and we would gladly meet your request as we always do in such situations.

Lastly, I am very sorry that your stay at Miramar was unsatisfacory. I hope that one day in the future you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and the service we provide.

Sincerely yours,