“june hols”
Review of Miramar Hotel

Miramar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A great hotel, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us, excellent range of food for breakfast and dinner. The place was spotlessly clean. Plenty of sunbeds around pool. The beach was only about 330 yards and little shops along the waterfront to brouse around in the evening. The weather was brilliant. Would go back again hopefully nex year

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor in a sunny position
1  Thank iol606
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow! What a great review! I am so happy that you just indulged yourself during your June hols and that we were part of it. This is our greatest reward and satisfaction. As you put it, we always try our best to give our maximum.

I am glad that even the weather was in your favor so you could relax and enjoy our beautiful beaches.

I look forward to seeing you in near future for an even better holiday in Miramar.
The whole team awaits you!

Sunny greetings,
General manager

There are newer reviews for Miramar Hotel

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the Miramar early June for 1 weeks holiday with a friend - she has already left a review but I wanted to reiterate about our experience.

The hotel was generally very nice - rooms were good, really clean, though a little small. We had a partial sea-view balcony room which was great for sitting out on in the evening. The bar and pool area were also of a good standard. Free wifi in the reception area was beneficial and the check in process was efficient. The beach was really close and the surroundings are stunning.

The one thing that I found upsetting about our experience at this hotel was the way we were treated by the staff - one in particular. We felt as young Brits (early 20's and the youngest guests there at the time by far) that we were judged as soon as we walked in - we are both respectable young professionals who work hard and wanted a relaxing break, but I felt like they expected us to be loud and obnoxious because of our age/nationality. We were given the furthest away room in the top corner of the hotel. Staff often greeted other guests as they walked past - we were ignored.

We also had issues in the restaurant where we were always served last for drinks regardless of where we were sitting - the waitress took a dislike to us for no reason and even shouted at as once for bringing our own water to the table - not only was this extremely embarrassing as it drew the attention of the surrounding tables, but we only brought the bottled water because the previous 5 nights she had only served us after everyone else and after we had finished our third course (we are Scottish and not used to the heat, we can't wait for over an hour for a drink of water with a meal!) I was actually in shock at the manner in which she spoke to us. She also kicked up a fuss one night, further embarrassing us about us not paying for our water when we specifically asked for it to be charged to our room.

The young red haired girl who worked at the bar was really pleasant - always helpful and always acknowledged us - but can't say the same for the rest.

Overall, Rabac was beautiful and I loved the holiday, I couldn't recommend Croatia enough for a relaxing break. It is a shame that the experience was tainted by a member of staff being so rude.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a balcony sea view room - great for sitting out at night when its still warm.
1  Thank RuthH89
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Ms. Ruth,

thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hotel Miramar on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read you were satisfied with the room, balcony, pool, free wifi and Rabac in general, as well as the check-in process.

However, your complaints about the staff troubled our whole team and I assure you that this did not go unnoticed. I already took your friend's review into serious consideration. We addressed the problem with staff in the restaurant. Such behaviour is unacceptable and simply out of the question. Our mission is to provide a superb service and unforgetable holiday memories to each guest no matter the age or places of origin.

It is sad for me to realize that, as you also nicely put it, your holiday experience was tainted by a member of staff being rude and that this overshadowed the positive and lovely things we have to offer. Once again, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience or embarrasement caused to you and your friend.

Finally, I greatly appreciate the room tip and photo that you posted and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just got home from a weeks holiday. The staff there were great, very friendly. Lovely air conditioned rooms. Had an amazing view of the bay from the room. Would deffinately go back. So much to do which we didnt expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Lisa R

Dear Ms. Lisa,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful words following your stay with us at Miramar Hotel.

I was so glad that you enjoyed the welcome, the service we provide to our guests and the facilities we offer at the hotel. I have passed on your kind comments to all the team at the hotel.

Please do come and see us again soon so we can once again meet your expectations.

My best wishes,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week with my friend and have mixed feelings about the experience.

Good points -

Our room wasn't that big but it was fine for the time we spent in it. It was always cleaned and the balcony was a good size with a beautiful view.

The beach was close.

Free Wifi.

Bad points -

We felt as though we had been judged as soon as we walked in the place. Not every young British person wants to go to Magaluf and binge drink. We were simply there for a relaxing time away. Yet every time we walked through the hotels we were met with rude stares from staff and other guests. The only nice members of staff we came across were the woman who cleaned our room and the young girl behind the bar.

Drink prices at the bar were too expensive for what you got.

As pointed out in other reviews on here, meal times were atrocious. The tables were far too close together. The staff were very rude, too busy and untrained.

We felt as though we were always served last for drinks as well and found that we had finished our meals before the 'waitress' had even got to us, again feeling slightly discriminated against because of our age.

Therefore one night we decided to take a bottle of water to dinner with us as no one can eat a meal without something to drink in heat that you are not used to, we're from Scotland after all. Now, I've seen some over reactions in my time but wow... the 'waitress' actually lectured us on the fact we were not meant to have the water there - would like to point out that no where in the hotel does it state not to do so. She even put her hand in my friends face and 'excused me'd' her when she tried to explain our situation to her. By this point everyone around us was staring and it was very embarrassing. This was the height of rudeness and she talked to us as if we were stupid. A simple quiet 'girl's can you please not drink that in here' would have been fine.

We never set foot back in the restaurant therefore wasted our money.

The same 'waitress' the night before also did not come back for the money for our drinks once she had FINALLY got to us. We waited for a very long time and even tried to get her attention but she put her nose in the air and ignored us. We weren't going to waste our time waiting any longer so assumed it would get charged to our room at the end of our stay. Which it did but the receptionist was also very rude to us about it. We're not poor and can afford a couple of drinks thanks!

The food was okay but not great. We are both vegetarian and found there was not much choice for us and lived on pizza for a week.

Rabac is a gorgeous place but would never go back to this hotel. I wouldn't even expect to be treated like that at a Travelodge.

2  Thank Nicolad11Edinburgh
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review following your stay with us at Miramar. I find your remarks very useful as we strive for constant improvement in every area of the hotel's operation and management. I was glad to read that you were satisfied with the room's balkony, the view and the cleanliness, something we are very proud of.

It is disappointing to see that we've got far more „bad points“ than the good ones. It rather worries me to read the whole experience you've had, especially with the hotel staff. I need to point out here that our prime dedication is to high quality education and training of our team, from the cleaning ladies, to receptionists and finally management.

We all try our best to ensure that our guests are provided with the best service. „Rude stares, unappropriate answers, unkindness...“ all of which you mentioned are unacceptable in our hotel, so please accept my appologies for the inconvienence and bad behaviour you obviously experienced. Actually, if you happen to remember the names of the persons in question, I would greatly appreciate if you could send them to my e-mail zoran.rajkovic@riviera.hr so that I could ensure this would never happen in future again. Thank you in advance.

I am also very sad to hear of your disappointments with our couisine, since it was unnecessary discontent. In our restaurant we offer a 14-days menu. For the special requests as is the vegetarian food, you should have noticed us and we would gladly meet your request as we always do in such situations.

Lastly, I am very sorry that your stay at Miramar was unsatisfacory. I hope that one day in the future you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and the service we provide.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Hotel Miramar and have to say that it has been one of the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays that we have had .Fantastic room with stunning sea views(we were on the 4th floor) and very friendly staff especially if you make the effort to speak to them.Yes it is a bit chaotic in the restaurant , but plenty of choice of food at breakfast and dinner,Rabac is a lovely resort very family friendly and a beautiful coastline,All in all a very chilled out week and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your time to share your experience of Miramar Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to read that you had a fabulous time on your vacation and enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

The compliments about the staff made me really happy, since we actually do care about every guest individually and always try to respond to his/her needs and requests with enthusiasm and genuine care.

Rabac is indeed a family friendly resort, particulary at this time of year, and our coastline is, I would dare to say, enchanting. Therefore, we look forward to seeing you and welcome you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

There is plenty to like about this hotel even allowing that some of the 5 star reviews are a little suspicious. The hotel has fantastic views, is spotlessly clean and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. The lounge areas were good and the room excellent though would have been cramped with more than 2.
On the downside there is no air conditioning in the room and no tea or coffee making facilities. The worst part though, as in the 3 previous reviews is the dining experience. The room is simply not big enough and the hotel is largely filled with Germans. Unfortunately their culture is not to queue and they barge you out of the way. There is a mad rush for the tables at 7.00 and not enough of them. You would be better wearing an ice hockey goalkeepers protection. We found eating after 8 the only way to cope but even then we once had our belongings moved and our table taken between courses. We look forward usually to our evening meal but not so here and ate out on our last evening.
The management must be aware of this problem as they appeared to have tried 2 sittings - certainly they should have longer dining times and try and introduce some table plan and queuing system. I dont think they will get above 3 stars until this problem is sorted.

Room Tip: Definitely get a part or full sea view as the view is fabulous.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dixiedean
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Miramar on Tripadvisor. Any kind of feedback is always gratefully received, as it assists me in monitoring the service we provide and helps me seek to find improvement wherever necessary.

I was really delighted to read of the personal attention and service you received, and I have already forwarded your comments to the team. The staff at Miramar pride themselves on always going the extra mile to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

I was happy that you liked your spotlessly clean room with fantastic views. All of our 165 room and 13 apartments are equipped with Air conditioning system, and guests can individually control the temperature. Of course, if the balcony door is open AC will not work as a result of energy saving.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused in restaurant and be assured that I have taken on board your comments and preferences and have reviewed each point with my team, looking to find any experience improvements wherever possible. We have already made some significant improvements in our restaurant. First step was that we extended the opening hours for dinner, added more staff and created family corner with highchairs.

Your satisfaction is the goal we are trying to achieve and the reason for constant improvements regarding the quality of our services.

I do hope that you get the opportunity to join us once again in the near future. The team at Miramar look forward to offering you a warm welcome on your next visit.

With renewed thanks,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My self and a friend stayed at this hotel for a week. Arrival booking in was quick. The room had a lovely view out to the sea, better than expected as we thought we where getting a side view when booked with Thomson. However we could hear our neighbours each time they used the shower or used the toilet and it was noisey outside or rooms. Not many English people hear mainley Germans.
Meals times where a nightmare the room was far too small for everyone and it was like been in a noisy canteen. Tables very close together, not many staff about who seemed to be rude and rushed of their feet. A couple of times we had to share a table as there was no room, best to go down after 830pm to get a table on your own, but then there is hardly any food left.( dinner was 7am to 9pm. Staff at dinner time never asked us if we wanted a drink till we asked them.
Staff in general I found to be rude. I asked for something for my room from a cleaner and was told " no ". The only person who looked at us and said "morning" or "hello" was the kids entertainment man PETAR credit to him.
Rabac is a lovely place but does have better hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Miramar on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was sorry to read that your recent stay at Miramar did not live up to your expectations. Due to the structure of the building, we do have a variety of rooms in different shapes and sizes, and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with acoustic insulation of the room you were allocated. I would be more than happy to show alternative rooms and find the perfect room to suit your needs. We also update guests’ profiles with their preferences and any information that can contribute towards making future stays even more enjoyable and tailoring the experience to the individual’s needs.

I am sorry to hear that the service in restaurant was slow and that no drinks were offered to you. Please rest assured that I have given your feedback to the restaurant service team. At the same time we have made some significant improvements in restaurant. Our new Restaurant Manager changed opening hours for dinner, added more staff and created family corner with highchairs.

I was also concerned to learn that you found some of my staff lacking in knowledge. We do receive so many positive comments on our staff and service that it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. I have conveyed your comments to my Heads of Departments. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once more, I feel sorry we didn’t completely meet your expectations in the matter you comment to us.

Yours sincerely,