“A very good hotel indeed!”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom
“A very good hotel indeed!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Miramar ! From the moment we arrived , the staff could not do enough for us. Dining room was excellent with good selection of delicious food.we were lucky that our room was a superior one, overlooking the sea and on the fifth floor- the views were breathtaking,especially in the morning. Staff ensured that the hotel was spotlessly clean at all times.
The reception staff were especially helpful, even going out of their way to advise on availability of local buses,to Laban and further.We did travel to Pula without a hitch. To put it in a nutshelll, we cannot wait to return !

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor facing east, which was fine. However, rooms facing the car park or...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Graham,

I was so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at Miramar Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the service my brilliant team deliver to your liking. I have passed on your kind wrods and thanks to them.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations once again soon.

My kindest regards,
Zoran Rajković

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Hotel was excellent, food very good, plenty of it whether you were early or late.All the staff were very friendly and the Hotel was kept spotlessly clean.
We found the the resort of Rabac a bit quiet but we did go in May so it probably livened up later in the season.
The road up to the Hotel from the beach we found a bit steep, but we used the back entrance, using the steps a lot easier.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor and the view was wonderful.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them endeavour to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

As you mention, Miramar Hotel is located in a lush Mediterranean park on the St. Andrija peninsula just a few steps from beautiful beaches and crystal-clear turquoise sea which can be reached from different sides.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

... with my family (3 members). Everything was great besides the fact we got a room next to elevator / stairs, so it was a bit noisy. The view was great, service is excellent. The hotel has been renovated but has a few mistakes made during the rennovation. We couldn't get to swim in the sea, neither in the pool (16°C). But the hotel is located somewhere in the middle of the beach so we experienced both sides througt long walks. Those were beautiful. One side is a bit commercialized with small shops, other is a clean tiled pathway with wonderful views. It was pre-season so we saw a lot ow workers, working in and outside of hotels (changing doors, windows, fixing landscapes, etc.)

Short and sweet, would recomment Miramar Rabac to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Elvis B
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Miramar on Tripadvisor. Any kind of feedback is always gratefully received, as it assists me in monitoring the service we provide and helps me seek to find improvement wherever necessary.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location and service you received from my team excellent. However, I was disappointed to learn that your stay was disrupted by noise from the elevator and stairs in front of your room. I am so sorry that these impacted on your stay, but as you said, the view was great, and I would ask you once again to please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My kindest regards,
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent food and services, very good accommodation. We were there for 5 days and this is very nice trip for us. Beautiful nature, clean sea and very nice staff. We went to Labin, Motovun, Grožnjan, Vodnjan and to the other little villages near the peninsula Rabac. You could go with boat to the island Cres or you could walk around Rabac. We didn't have very good weather but we found out nice and friendly people in this beautiful small town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I am not only grateful for your wonderful review of Miramar Hotel, but also for your tips to fellow Trip Advisor travelers! We love connecting with guests before they walk in the door, and hope others allow us to assist in planning their trip as well! I think your advice about other little villages near Rabac was perfect, and encourage all guests to explore the many offerings in Istria peninsula!

I truly appreciate your endorsement and thank you for calling attention to our amenities and service. This means a lot to us. We do hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,
Yeovil, Somerset
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent one week from 18th May at the Miramar with two friends through Thomson holidays. We could not fault anything in this hotel. Selection of food was excellent with something for everyone no matter how fussy and plenty of it. On one day we took lunch instead of dinner and were provided with an excelent meal. The members of staff were so pleasant and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Standard of cleanliness was top class. Our only complaint was that the brochure did not mention there was a very steep hill to go down to get to the promenade, shops and cafes so this is not suitable for anyone with walking/breathing difficulties or disability of any kind. We are all pensioners and found it very trying to negotiate although we are all in very good health. Beach was also very rocky and with extra large pebbles..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeannette R
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Ms Jeannette R,

Thank you for being our guest and for review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and I was very proud to share your glowing review with my team this morning. It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile.

It is rewarding to read that you were well looked after and that staff were warm and friendly and that we were able to assist. Your kind comments about top class standard of cleanliness and how the hotel is cozy and comfortable are most appreciated. I am also pleased to read that selection of food at our restaurant was excellent with something for everyone. As a matter of fact we only use the freshiest products on the market.

So sorry to hear that the brochure did not mention a steep hill to go down to get to the promenade. Less than minute from Miramar hotel lies a whole array of beautiful pebble and rocky beaches.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Miramar in the near future.

Kent
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you want a relaxing break somewhere different then Rabac is the place for you. The hotel Miramar provided us with excellent food, spotlessly clean surroundings and friendly helpful staff. Thomson are the only operator from the Uk and their allocation is approximately 20 rooms. The swimming pool is salt water and it also had a children's pool. We had a twin room with shower, WC, flat screen tv, balcony although the wardrobe would benefit from sliding doors as it opens into a narrow walk way and cannot be passed if the doors are open. Handy tip, take some surfing/beach shoes you'll need them for the sea. Its the cleanest water I've swum in and warmer than the pool. The weather was changeable but we still managed to get a bit of colour, we were early into the season. We did the Fish picnic trip which we thoroughly enjoyed, change your money in the town you'll get a better rate and no commission to pay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor behind the reception area will pick up the wi-fi in your room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Ilovetotravel001
Zoran R, General Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for beeing our guest and for taking the time to leave such nice feedback. I am happy to hear that you took a break from everyday stress and that you came at home relaxed and rested.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room which was spotlessly clean. I am equally pleased that you found excellent food in our restaurant.

Your kind words that the beach and sea water are cleanest you've swum are most appreciated.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ipswich
Reviewed May 29, 2013

On arrival in the small coastal town of Rabac, we were not entirely sure we had chosen the right place for us. Nestling on a hill overlooking the harbour, there is no direct sea view and the place was very quiet for Mid May. However it seems that many have yet to discover this particular corner of paradise. After a smooth check in we found our room better than expected, and it is to be noted that this is a three star hotel and makes no pretenses to be more than this but it does everything extremely well. It is comfortable and spotlessly clean, Buffet breakfast is the most amazing choice ever seen, with an excellent variety of evening meal options. Staff all around hotel very eager to please and a couple of very minor issues were dealt with at the speed of light. Really felt wanted as guests, and as for the location - Wow! a short walk down the slope brings you to the beach and a small promenade, views to die for, restaurants galore, boat trips, absolutely amazing. We saw dolphins on our trip on "fliper" the glass boat but they do not promise this. A wonderful week, thank you Thomson, thank you Miramar, thank you Monsun excursions and all friendly staff everywhere!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Dtt33h
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to your liking.

We are very proud of our staff at Miramar Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such lovely feedback as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that our staff were friendly and attentive. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team.

I’m equally pleased that you were happy with our buffet breakfast and excellent variety of evening meal options and found it to be most amazing choice ever seen. We like to ensure that our guest’s stay with us is one that is relaxing and memorable and so I am thrilled that you discover our corner of paradise and enjoyed wonderful week.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Miramar in the near future.