“2-day getaway”
Review of Miramar Hotel

Miramar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Rabac
Reviewed June 2, 2013

... with my family (3 members). Everything was great besides the fact we got a room next to elevator / stairs, so it was a bit noisy. The view was great, service is excellent. The hotel has been renovated but has a few mistakes made during the rennovation. We couldn't get to swim in the sea, neither in the pool (16°C). But the hotel is located somewhere in the middle of the beach so we experienced both sides througt long walks. Those were beautiful. One side is a bit commercialized with small shops, other is a clean tiled pathway with wonderful views. It was pre-season so we saw a lot ow workers, working in and outside of hotels (changing doors, windows, fixing landscapes, etc.)

Short and sweet, would recomment Miramar Rabac to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elvis B
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Miramar on Tripadvisor. Any kind of feedback is always gratefully received, as it assists me in monitoring the service we provide and helps me seek to find improvement wherever necessary.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location and service you received from my team excellent. However, I was disappointed to learn that your stay was disrupted by noise from the elevator and stairs in front of your room. I am so sorry that these impacted on your stay, but as you said, the view was great, and I would ask you once again to please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent food and services, very good accommodation. We were there for 5 days and this is very nice trip for us. Beautiful nature, clean sea and very nice staff. We went to Labin, Motovun, Grožnjan, Vodnjan and to the other little villages near the peninsula Rabac. You could go with boat to the island Cres or you could walk around Rabac. We didn't have very good weather but we found out nice and friendly people in this beautiful small town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I am not only grateful for your wonderful review of Miramar Hotel, but also for your tips to fellow Trip Advisor travelers! We love connecting with guests before they walk in the door, and hope others allow us to assist in planning their trip as well! I think your advice about other little villages near Rabac was perfect, and encourage all guests to explore the many offerings in Istria peninsula!

I truly appreciate your endorsement and thank you for calling attention to our amenities and service. This means a lot to us. We do hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent one week from 18th May at the Miramar with two friends through Thomson holidays. We could not fault anything in this hotel. Selection of food was excellent with something for everyone no matter how fussy and plenty of it. On one day we took lunch instead of dinner and were provided with an excelent meal. The members of staff were so pleasant and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Standard of cleanliness was top class. Our only complaint was that the brochure did not mention there was a very steep hill to go down to get to the promenade, shops and cafes so this is not suitable for anyone with walking/breathing difficulties or disability of any kind. We are all pensioners and found it very trying to negotiate although we are all in very good health. Beach was also very rocky and with extra large pebbles..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeannette R
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Ms Jeannette R,

Thank you for being our guest and for review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and I was very proud to share your glowing review with my team this morning. It is comments like this that really make our job worthwhile.

It is rewarding to read that you were well looked after and that staff were warm and friendly and that we were able to assist. Your kind comments about top class standard of cleanliness and how the hotel is cozy and comfortable are most appreciated. I am also pleased to read that selection of food at our restaurant was excellent with something for everyone. As a matter of fact we only use the freshiest products on the market.

So sorry to hear that the brochure did not mention a steep hill to go down to get to the promenade. Less than minute from Miramar hotel lies a whole array of beautiful pebble and rocky beaches.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Miramar in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you want a relaxing break somewhere different then Rabac is the place for you. The hotel Miramar provided us with excellent food, spotlessly clean surroundings and friendly helpful staff. Thomson are the only operator from the Uk and their allocation is approximately 20 rooms. The swimming pool is salt water and it also had a children's pool. We had a twin room with shower, WC, flat screen tv, balcony although the wardrobe would benefit from sliding doors as it opens into a narrow walk way and cannot be passed if the doors are open. Handy tip, take some surfing/beach shoes you'll need them for the sea. Its the cleanest water I've swum in and warmer than the pool. The weather was changeable but we still managed to get a bit of colour, we were early into the season. We did the Fish picnic trip which we thoroughly enjoyed, change your money in the town you'll get a better rate and no commission to pay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor behind the reception area will pick up the wi-fi in your room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ilovetotravel001
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for beeing our guest and for taking the time to leave such nice feedback. I am happy to hear that you took a break from everyday stress and that you came at home relaxed and rested.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room which was spotlessly clean. I am equally pleased that you found excellent food in our restaurant.

Your kind words that the beach and sea water are cleanest you've swum are most appreciated.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

On arrival in the small coastal town of Rabac, we were not entirely sure we had chosen the right place for us. Nestling on a hill overlooking the harbour, there is no direct sea view and the place was very quiet for Mid May. However it seems that many have yet to discover this particular corner of paradise. After a smooth check in we found our room better than expected, and it is to be noted that this is a three star hotel and makes no pretenses to be more than this but it does everything extremely well. It is comfortable and spotlessly clean, Buffet breakfast is the most amazing choice ever seen, with an excellent variety of evening meal options. Staff all around hotel very eager to please and a couple of very minor issues were dealt with at the speed of light. Really felt wanted as guests, and as for the location - Wow! a short walk down the slope brings you to the beach and a small promenade, views to die for, restaurants galore, boat trips, absolutely amazing. We saw dolphins on our trip on "fliper" the glass boat but they do not promise this. A wonderful week, thank you Thomson, thank you Miramar, thank you Monsun excursions and all friendly staff everywhere!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dtt33h

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to your liking.

We are very proud of our staff at Miramar Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such lovely feedback as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that our staff were friendly and attentive. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team.

I’m equally pleased that you were happy with our buffet breakfast and excellent variety of evening meal options and found it to be most amazing choice ever seen. We like to ensure that our guest’s stay with us is one that is relaxing and memorable and so I am thrilled that you discover our corner of paradise and enjoyed wonderful week.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Miramar in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful little resort with fantastic scenery around about.. it was a little quiet due probably to it being early in the season and I could probably have done with asking for an extra blanket for the bed, but other than that I cannot faullt the place. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well presented. Food is plentiful and there is a good variety .. as a non meat eater, I often find it difficult in countries outside the uk, but there was a lot of eggs, cheese, salad and fruit available. vegans might struggle. Staff were friendly and helpful, bar was well stocked, though the entertainment in the evening was a little cheesy it was nice enough. It was nice to be able to use the facilities of the other nearby hotel which had an indoor pool and massage therapist, and we were pleased to make use of these when the weather was slightly inclement.. On the whole, great value for money and I would definitely love to return in the future..

Room Tip: View of the sea would be optimum..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ms Sarah R,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Miramar Hotel.

I was delighted that you found all aspects of your stay to your liking and that you enjoyed your experiences in our restaurant, bar and the most important the service that my great team provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel very clean. Staff and food excellent. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Managers check around the hotel through out the day to make sure every is right. They have things on most nights. Will tell friends how good this hotel is.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry D
Zoran R, General Manager at Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Mr Terry D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on the site and we are very grateful for your kind words. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your stay. We do have a very happy team who all work incredibly well together and who actually do love what they do and I am pleased that this was apparent. It is always our pleasure to take the greatest care of our guests.

It is very rewarding to hear that you will tell friends how good this hotel is and I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,