“Nice place”
Review of Hotel Kanajt

Hotel Kanajt
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Punat
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We needed a room for one night en route to a villa in Istria and this hotel was a good choice. It's in a prominent position overlooking the bay and can we seen as you approach the town so it's easy to find. The website was a bit confusing; all I wanted was a sea view and we ended up in a Junior Suite but it was a rather nice luxury and I didn't mind paying a bit more. Also, as it's on an island you have to pay a toll on the bridge to get there. The hotel is dominated by the marina and I suspect that most of their trade comes from there. It's a reasonable want into town through the marina but it is quite interesting. A nice place but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there more than a night or two as there's not a lot happening unless you're into yachts.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kanajt

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We only stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and wishes we had stayed for longer. We had a very friendly welcome from the staff at the front desk, the room was lovely but the stand-out for us was the terrace (we booked a double room with terrace) and the view of the marina. It was lovely to sit there in the evening having a drink on the terrace. The hotel is located on the edge of Punat so to get into town is about a 15 minute walk through the marina - slightly odd the first time we did it in the dark but once we'd done it in the light it was fine. Breakfast was good, there was a large selection even though the hotel is quite small and eggs were prepared freshly however you wanted them. We weren't blown over by Punat but would return for the hotel itself. I can also highly recommend the restaurant.

Room Tip: The terrace's are large with fantastic views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first stumbled over this hotel six years ago when I found a discarded brochure in an internet café ! Stayed there two years later. Now, after 4 years, have been there again for 2 nights. If you are visiting Krk it is a splendid place to stay. Its staff are a little quiet, rather like the place, but organised. The rooms are excellent value, especially the ones facing the marina, being large with flatscreen tvs. There is no pool but the pleasant grounds include a tennis court. The restaurant is one of the best in Punat. Breakfast in summer is taken on a shady terrace and the smiling waitress was happy to provide me with bacon and eggs speedily and well-prepared. For a relatively small country house hotel (Croatian style) it takes some beating being an incredibly serene, peaceful kind of place, and an ideal base to explore the island.

Room Tip: Pay that bit extra for a marina facing room with or without sun terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

After a wonderful day in Plidvice park, we arrive in Krk island. Downtown of Krk is not the expected place to be so we've decided to book (blind) Hotel Kanajt. This choice was the best decision in our trip in Croatia, because the hotel is very quiet, has a nice sea view, the breakfast on the terrace is splendid (availlable till 12 AM). Clean and confortable are our first impressions about this hotel. Very nice and helpfull staff! If we haven't have booked in advance for Venice, we deffinitively would stay more than a single night in this nice hotel.

Room Tip: rooms with sea view have a beautiful terrace
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my first year I have been in this hotel and I will be back for sure.Hotel is located 2 minutes from Marina Punat and 10 minutes from town center.
Since I am keeping my boat at Marina I have 10% discount on food and accomodation in Hotel.Surroundings around hotel is very well mantained and you can find lot of mediterranean plants.Behind hotel is aromatic garden surrounded with stonewall.If you are into recreation you can rent a bike,play tennis on artificial grass court or hike on the mountain behind hotel (sea view is stunning,you can see whole bay of Punat).
I was situated in the room with sea view and terrace which was slightly more expensive than room without sea view but I belive that room experience is much better.Hotel is very clean and the stuff is very friendly.Hotel is small and you can familiarize with them very soon if you want to.Receptionist was very helpful with informations I needed.Restaurant was great also.I recommend Lamb under the baking lid and 1st class fish.

Room Tip: Take the room with sea view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel has a beautiful drive when you enter the property on your way to the parking. The location is lovely and just outside the town of Punat.
It is only a 15 minutes walk through the marine harbour to Punat.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were nice and clean. Our rooms had a nice and big balcony with lovely furniture.
Free wifi is available.
The hotel offers tennis facility against payment.
The breakfast offered a lot of variety.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good for short trips. Quite and comfortable atmosphere. No own beach. Very near to marina.

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punat
Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel
Falkensteiner Hotel Park Punat
Drazica Hotel
Drazica Hotel
#4 of 10 in Krk

Been to Hotel Kanajt? Share your experiences!