Valamar Zagreb Hotel
$132
$122
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool area is fabbreakfast and dinnerold towngames machinesgreat hotelshower bathbeach bartowel cardsnice walkmini golfhalf board optionapprox minsbeach volleyballminute walksea viewplenty of sunbedsmusic festival
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a really lovely holiday at this hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful and always smiling!
The rooms were spotless with a lovely balcony which was useful because it was very warm whilst we were there. The restaurant was really nice with the tables cleared and new tablecloths laid as soon as the people had left after their meal, all done with a smile! The food at breakfast and dinner was very well prepared, plentiful, and you had an excellent choice, you didn't know where to start!
The pool was very inviting, it was a pleasure to swim in, then afterwards relax by the pool on the sunbeds!
The drinks in the hotel were the same price as drinks in Porec so after our dinner our new found friends and us sat outside enjoying a drink whilst listening to the music inside.
The only down side was the hotel exterior was a little tired looking but this did not affect the inside of the hotel in any way.
All in all we had a great time, thank-you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel Zagreb is a pleasant place to stay. Your first greeted by the pleasant hotel reception staff who speak good English. Once you've check in & gone up to your room, (most rooms have a balcony) which I found very clean & tidy. The restaurant on the 1st floor serves up a good selection of buffet style breakfast & evening meal. There's evening entertainment but I wasn't bothered with that, but made great use of the free wifi in the lobby area. I found all the staff very polite from the chambermaids to waitress's/waiters. Would I come back YES

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is your typical Europe Hotel. A 4 star in Europe with 4 start prices but only a 2 1/2 star in the US. Although the US has much higher standards of living. The hotel was not bad. I would have preferred a queen or a king bed for my husband and I instead we got 2 twins pushed together and made separately. We paid extra for the breakfast and dinner. Was a good choice, decent amount of choices and enough to get full on. The lounge bar was a nice place to relax. Pictures show a beach……I looked but never found it. I only found a rocky ledge and stairs to climb down. Still beautiful though. Only a 10 min walk from the city center, very nice beautiful, clean city. Could stay at again but would wait until cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llj15horse
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I think the hotel Zagreb is a wonderful place to relax. Located near Porec, but not in the city center, which provides some privacy and quiet. The rooms are spacious and equipped with all amenities. The restaurant is large and has a wide variety of foods and beverages. Of course the beach is disappointing, no sandy beach, just rocks. But there is a pool, which unfortunately was not able to try because in May it has not worked. I guess in summer will be great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Milena G
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were looking forward to another weekend escaping from home. What a disappointment! It would take too long to make a list of negative aspects, so I'll point out only two that were satisfactory: food and staff. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make us come back to this hotel. We were lucky enough to stay in this hotel in early October, we can't imagine how does it feel to live in small rooms without air conditioner!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple