All reviews sea view lounge bar large pool every evening balcony junkie harbour trees pinia sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

If the receptionist tells you nothing's changed in the hotel in the last 10 years that more or less says it all. The hotel was bulit in 1970's but it's still functional. The rooms are cosy, choose the one with seaview balcony. These have one of the best views of Porec. Otherwise the rooms are basic, no mini bar, safe, a/c, wi-fi only on balcony. If you plan to stay out on the fresh air most of the day like we did, you won't miss a thing. The only down side of the hotel is food. The quality is really poor unless you like processed food. Fish was also terrible and it smelled like in harbour. However we did manage to find fresh salads and fruit, so we we did not leave hungry. Drinks over dinner are the same prices as in other Valamar hotels but seem overpriced for a 2* hotel. Overall it was a great weekend, hotel experience was unforgettable and reminded me of good old times that we spent with my parents in Porec as I was just a little child. But if you want something contemporary, relaxation within hotel, high quality food... you should choose some other Valamar hotel in Porec. To conclude 2* rating corresponds to what hotel has to offer.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Sadly no air conditioning in this hotel in rooms and it was a bit hot. The pool was fab as it was sea water but as the hotel was old the lifts were a nightmare and room cleaning not really up to scratch. The staff were wonderful and very friendly but the WiFi was a nightmare. Would only work in the hotel lobby.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Considering that the hotel is rated only by two stars, I have expected less than I obtained. The hotel provides really good restaurant services and food. It is clean and in a superb position to the beach and city centre. Nevertheless, the hotel needs to be renovated.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2018

Considering this was my first time at 2-star hotel I didn't expect much. Parking: It's not that it's not big enough for all guests but when we arrived I could find only 2 parking places and hotel didn't look full to me, but okay I just wanted to say this I guess people exchange pretty often so there is no issue with it.
Hotel: from outside it already looked old and out dated but again 2-stars so no problem there.
Room: I was surprised that room was actually really nice! Balcony was really big, bigger than expected. The only down side, which was not big in our case since we were there in June and it was not that hot yet, but, I can't imagine how people survive in the room in high season in August since there is no A/C!? Yes I saw that they offer you to rent-a-fan but still, I bet it gets really hot in August. It was not big issue for use since it was not hot enough in June but just a note to all guests coming to this hotel in high summer season.
Food: As many other reviews said and I wanted to see it for myself; dinner - superb, fantastic! breakfast - you need to add several different things like several types of salami (during my stay there was just one) and some other stuff.
Pool: okay, didn't know what to expect for 2* but one large pool and another one for kids and tons of sunbeds so not bad.
Beach: The beach down at the hotel was okay I guess but to get really nice one we walked like 500m to the right and then you come to Pinia beach - sandy really nice with a lot of shadow from trees.

All in all it was really good for the money and for 2-stars; the only thing they should fix especially for mid-July and August is A/C and breakfast, other than that; thank you for having us.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Mark K
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Good stay for the money you pay. Swimming pool with salt sea water, just 100 m from the beach, clean rooms and kind stuff. Food according Valamar standards. Reccomended for short or longer vacations. Just 800 m from old city center of Poreč. A lot of recreational possibilities.

Room tip: Very nice sea wiev from most rooms
Date of stay: June 2018