See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Having booked a room with sea view, I was instead placed in the basement without a sea view. Upon requesting the room I booked, I was told by the receptionist Davor that "we don't have sea view, this is not 5 star". Eventually, I was given the keys to another room and sarcastically asked "see if that's better". Strangely the room had a sea view? Then the food, it is simply disgusting and there's seemingly no regrd for basic food hygiene. The miserable staff walk round slopping leftover food into an overflowing buucket of msuh right next to your face. The customers help themselves to food with their hands and even eat with the service cutlery while the staff do nothing to prevent them. One of the wairesses not looking where she was going rammed her trolley into a toddler, before pointing it in the face and shouting at the young girl. The pool area is insufficient for the size of the hotel, with guests fighting over sun loungers early in the morning. The stated 1 hour reservation policy is also ignored, with towels sitting on beds for hours. Sadly this stay was planned as somewhere to relax after 17 days of travelling, but that was impossible in such a hell hole. Customer service and manners further escape the hotel upon check out when I was refused a complaints form or complaints contact. Based on this experience, I will never stay in a Plava Laguna property again and have already actively disuaded others from doing so.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tommy F
Đeni A, Hotel Director Assistant at Hotel Delfin Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Tommy F,
We can`t be happy after reading that we didn`t meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback which enables us to monitor and improve our services. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with our team, but we would be very grateful if you could give us more details to analyze what could have happened, because from your nick name we can`t be sure. Once again receive our excuses and we would like to invite you to explore the wide range of accommodation that we offer to find your perfect peaceful oasis.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Have just spent three nights at Hotel Delfin, and whilst it is very much a 2 star hotel it should not be dismissed for those travelling solo or on a budget.

The hotel is about 5km from Porec centre, in Zelena Laguna where a number of hotels are located. A taxi costs between £8-10 into town, but a bus runs throughout the day for 15 kuna one way (about 1.60) from directly outside the hotel.

Zelena laguna has a beautiful coastline and is perfect for swimming, sea temp is about 24 degrees at the moment. It is only a 1 minute walk to the beach.

Rooms - very basic, no Tv or and air con, which I knew but rooms very warm at night. Temperatures hit 33 in the day and still over 20 at night.

Food - a decent choice but again very basic. I had no complaints for the price I paid but many British travellers may not consider it good enough.

Pool - nice pool area, large pool which is never too busy. Be aware they are building a children’s splash pool next to it, though noise is minimal.

WiFi is available in main reception, but not the rooms.

Hotel is kept spotlessly clean by staff. Had no complaints about cleanliness of room or communal area as. As many other ms have said the hotel is somewhat dated but this is reflected in the price.

As a solo traveller, it was fine. It is unlikely I would visit with family and small children but if I travel to Porec alone again would consider it.

Hvala to all the hotel staff who were all very friendly and helpful.

Photos were mostly taken at Zelena Laguna beach.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Đeni A, Hotel director assistant at Hotel Delfin Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Mr. Danny,
Your review is like a small handbook of advices for our future guests!
Thank you in the name of the whole team for such nice words and recommendations dedicated to the hotel and it’s related services. We were really glad to read your positive impressions and it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed in all the charms that the destination offers.
Comments like this one are giving us a special motivation, it’s very encouraging to know that the hard work from our staff is recognized by the guests.
We use this opportunity to invite you to another visit in our Resort where you can enjoy in all the surprises that we have prepared for our dear guests.
Sending our best from Poreč,

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Hostel like food. Extra charges for drinks at dinner whereas 3 star hotels in the resort include beer and wine. What you save on accommodation, you will spend on drinks. No wi fi in rooms. Paper thin walls between rooms. No safe in room. Tiny room and bath room. No A/C. Needs serious make over. Furtherest hotel from beach, vibey restaurants and night life.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Đeni A, Assistant Manager at Hotel Delfin Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear Joan C,

Thank you very much for visiting our hotel Delfin and for dedicating time to reflect on your stay.
We are very sorry to hear that there were aspects of your holiday that you were not pleased with, and therefore we assure that your comments and suggestions were taken very seriously in order to further improve our daily offer and services.
We use this occasion to invite you to search throughout our website and a wide range of nice facilities that we offer in the same resort. You may be able to choose the one that would be completely in line with your preferences regarding the aspects you mentioned. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in Porec in the near future!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I stayed in this hotel just for 2 nights, but is very nice for budget hotel. I had breakfast and dinner, which we're average, but you really cannot expect "slow food" for a few €. Room and bathroom we're new and clean, I also had my own balcony. Beach is really near, but you also have swimming pool under the hotel, which is clean. .
The only bad thing (but I think about whole Zelena laguna) is coffee. Is really hard to get nice, milky, creamy cappuccino (also in hotel!) for their prices...
So, I reccomend this hotel to everyone, who don't expect to much for their money and they need just somewhere to sleep and something to eat.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear mster24 ,

Thank you for sharing with us the feedback about the stay in our hotel Delfin.

We are always committed on offering to our dear guests great holidays and your compliments are our biggest award.

In the hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our facilities we send our regards!

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Considering its price, this hotel is really good.
Food at the restaurant is fresh and various.
The staff if friendly and kind.
Rooms are clean and neat.
Car parking is free.
The beach is really close.
It offeres many recreative activities.

Date of stay: May 2018