“Not gold what shines”

All Inclusive Hotel Laguna Albatros
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Porec
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Last year we were staying in hotel Zorna in Porec, it is an old hotel from previous regime but with excellent food, according to this we decided this year to visit Porec once again but in newer hotel and our choice - Albatros. First, we demanded room with sea view for a very simple reason, the sun. In hotel heating is set probably to minimum, each room has a regulator, but nevertheless obviously there is one more regulator, main one which can not be exceeded. At reservation I was prepared to pay more than demanded just to get a room on the sun, of course, we got a room that is in the shadow from dusk to dawn and it is very cold, heteing has failed and we have one 5 month baby and one 2 years old baby and 16-17 degrees C in our room. It is the opening of the season so maybe this is excuse for next thing that bothers me, food. There is a selservice buffet but there are cooks that serve you with food and their standard for quantity is for models on diet only and than, when you ask for more, they give you THAT look, you become embaresed. And diversity of food is not their quality, each day the same and each day really not much and more, you have to pay for a drink at supper, even for water, I understand you have to pay for a wine, but water, oh give me a break! And last but not least, everything is payable, there is no wifi in rooms only at reception, and of course, you have to pay by duration, and if you have only one e-mail to send, you have to pay, thank god that we got a free parking space, but I have to warn ou, there is not enaugh parking spaces for everyone. Oh one more thing, if you are physically disabled or parent with stroler, you have a nightmare, the beach is only 100 m away from hotel, but with stroler or disabled you have to go all around by the road, so it takes you about 700 m, I have to blame designer for this, in Europe usage permit would be questionable.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside rooms, others are in shadow all the time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Juncek
Plavalaguna1, Manager at All Inclusive Hotel Laguna Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback about our Hotel Laguna Albatros. We are sorry to hear this vacation wasn't one of the best you had and that you had various problems whilst staying in our facility. We will try to check the heating issue and improve it before the next season reopening.
Hoping to be able to welcome you maybe in another facility of our company we send you best regards
The hotel Management

Reviewed August 10, 2011

After reading some of the reviews on this hotel we were extremely apprehensive - but our concerns were vanquished. This hotel is superb the food was excellent some of the guests thought it was repetitive but you could have something different every day. The staff were friendly and 2 in particular Sandra and Antonio made our stay even better. The hotel and whole area is exceptionally clean - the animation team worked extremely hard to keep everyone entertained - there were not many British in the hotel but this did not bother us as on holiday what do you expect. Our room maid let us down a bit as we continually had to request our toilet rolls and shampoo to be replenished. Would certainly return. Wish we had changed our money in Croatia as the exchange rate was far better. There was a massage parlour at the pool side which at £12 per session was extremely good value

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dod63
Plavalaguna1, Manager at All Inclusive Hotel Laguna Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel Laguna Albatros managed by Laguna Poreč and that you were satisfied with everything from the location of the hotel to our friendly staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Hotel Laguna Albatros,
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed for a week . we had a sea view room which was very nice., you cannot
fault the hotel food at all there is a great choice of food for every body. and the
service is great. The staff at the hotel are very helpful and pleasant at all times.
the hotel is only a few mins from the beach, there is so many nice walks in the area.
the bus stop is outside, or you can take the tourist train into Porec 20 mins. or can walk
which takes about 45 mins. very nice.
we are going back next year for 2 wks as there is so much to see and do.
included in hotel package you get 2 hours biked riding, tennis, etc great value . a must go back.

Room Tip: sea view 4th floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank happy12378

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Hotel Laguna Albatros managed by Laguna Poreč and that you were satisfied with the services of the hotel, our friendly staff and that you enjoyed the beaches and the long walks to the city center.
Looking forward to welcome you again next summer!
Laguna Poreč.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just came back from Laguna Albatros, we spent 6 nights there. We are a family of three and we had a suite, which was a very good choice. Our teenager had her own room with TV (the bed was made from a sofa, but it was comfortable enough) and we parents had our own room. Suite had the biggest walk-in closet I have ever seen in a hotel room! That was great. Also the bathroom was nice: big enough and had a bathtub.

So far so good. But the problems started with the sea view. Our room was just above the pool, which meant that every time there was some kind of action taking place (aquabics or shows in the evening), noise in our room was horrendous. I can’t even describe how annoying that was. The evening program lasted until 11.30 and before that it was no way you could relax in your room. Even when the show in the hotel ended, the music from the bars below could be very clearly heard. If we had known this, we would have never ever paid the extra money for the sea view. We complained, of course, but the response only was that the hotel is full and all the sea view rooms suffer from the noise.

The all-inclusive meal service was very good. The quality of the food was excellent and there were several cooks preparing the food during the meals. The salads and ice cream buffet were more or less the same every day, but the main course variety was very good. They also served pizza, fruits and ice cream all day in the pool bar. The drinks included local alcohol, beer and soft drinks. Surprisingly there were hardly every queues even though the place is so big.

The room price included some hours of tennis, table tennis, mini golf, pedal boats, bicycles, etc. This was a nice bonus, and we did some sports every day.

What amazes me is that they still allow the sun beds to be reserved by towels. This is so old-fashioned. One day I counted that in the lunch time there were 10 people by the pool and 40 beds were empty, with towels on them. Unbelievable.

Plava Laguna as an area is clean and beautiful. The beach near hotel Albatros is nice, but even nicer (and more active) beach is located behind the hotel Delfin. The sport facilities are located just outside the hotel and horse stable is on the other side of the hotel.

So go there and enjoy your stay, but think twice, before you pay for the sea view.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Eidu

Dear Customer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel Laguna Albatros managed by Laguna Poreč. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and the meals at the hotel restaurant. Also we are glad to hear that you had the opportunity to practice some sport everyday and that you loved the beaches surrounding our hotel.
We regret, however, that you found your room too noisy and we hope that during your next stay in our hotel, we will have the chance to provide you with a room that better suits your need for quiet and relax. We would be very happy to welcome you as our guest soon again.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was my 8th trip to Croatia, My 1st as a solo traveller and my 1st to porec. This hotel is located in a purpose built resort around 5km from the centre of Porec. The Hotel itself is in a good position, elevated from the sea and enjoying good views over the surrounding coastline and wooded area.
The room was comfortable (the bed particularly was excellent and king size!) and a reasonable size, the wardrobe is a little small but otherwise very happy.
The quality of the food is good and there is plenty available along with self service drinks (beer, wine and soft drinks in the restaurant). The all inclusive snack bar is also good, providing pizza, deserts, pasta and ice cream from lunchtime onwards.
I have only 2 slightly negative points about my stay, one is that the hotel don't provide beach towels which many now do for a deposit and the other is the guests "reserving" sunbeds which often lay unused for much of the day with their towels on them.
However overall I would recommend the hotel as good value for money, comfortable with mostly, friendly and helpful staff.
Getting to Porec itself is easy, there is a fantastic boat service about 5 minutes walk which takes about 15 minutes, and costs about £2. There is also a minbus service run from just outside the hotel and costs a similar price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank AndyC184

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We are very gratified to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Laguna Albatros and would also recommend our hotel to other travelers. We appreciate it very much that you took your valuable time to write this review on Tripadvisor. We would like to thank you for your kind remarks on the beach towels. We will certainly take your valuable comments into account, in the way to provide a better service.We would be delighted to welcome you during your next stay in Poreč.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Overall I as quite satisfied with my hotel room and the way it was cleaned. However when we decided to use the internet it turned out that one could not pre-pay a 2-hour or 4-hour etc. Internet session but had to pay upon checkout depending on how much we actually stayed logged on. After using the Internet for 3 days and being online for less than 4 hours I was surprised to learn that I was being charged for 18 hours. In fact I was told that on my first day I remained online for 16 h despite my receiving my logon and password approximately 9 p.m. that day. I was first told that I failed to log off properly, which is not true as each time the screen produced the sign "logoff successful", later that they would look into the matter. Despite my insistence no hourly breakdown of logon sessions was provided only the daily charges. The matter was never resolved in a satisfactory manner. I would like to caution travelers against using Wi-Fi connection in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank DmitryZab
Plavalaguna1, Manager at All Inclusive Hotel Laguna Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you found the rooms of our Hotel Laguna Albatros clean and tidy.
Your feedback regarding the w-ifi internet is very important to us because it will help identify those items we should improve to ensure an excellence in service for our guests.
Please consider our sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Best Regards
Plava Laguna Management

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I just returned from Laguna Albatros and the whole stay was rather sad. It got worse and worse with every day spent there.
The chech-in lasted forever, there were 3 people at reception and they all used one list to give you a room. So while one of them was using the list, the other two were doing nothing! It never crossed their mind to get a copy for all of them to speed thing up. I watched the same scene several times when other tourists came thoughout our stay.
While we waited, we witnessed an awful scene. A woman was displeased with her room and demanded another room, I admit she was quite aggressive (but what do you expect after waiting for your room in a line for over an hour?) but the reception staff was... beyond everything - they just started chatting in Croatian and were laughing at her.
We also had an issue with our room - they gave us double instead of suit that we booked.
The room (we had seaview suit) is nothing special and needs renovation. Bedding and towels are old, curtains had stains. I didn't quite get why some kind of table was placed behind the door - in order to sit there you have to close the door and be ready to jump aside if someone opens it. Air-conditioning is bad - no matter what temperature you put, the conditioning has a life of its own. The bath was clogged and I had to stay knee-deep in the water while taking shower. We asked to clean it, the guy at reception promised to send someone and no one came!
The food was pretty much the same every day and not all of it was edible. Though the local wine and beer were quite nice.
There are 3 pools and none of them was with seawater. There aren't enough beach chairs and umbrellas so guests put their towels on beach chairs early in the morning and if you come after 10.00 am, you won't find a single chair. And when we asked for more chairs/umbrellas, we were told - there are none left.
I wanted to prolong our room as we had a late flight and I asked receptionist in advance about it and he told me it was possible. So I was really surprised to find out that it wasn't possible just one day before we were leaving.
The reception staff is really worth mentioning - none of them have ever smiled and been friendly with anyone! They are all rude and unpleasant to deal with! One lady is especially impolite - she made to effort to say 'hi' in return.
I used wi-fi, which cost 20 kunas ($3 per hour) and had to run around the hotel to find a place with decent wi-fi coverage.
Though I should say that animators there are great. The two guys are super nice with kids, they came up with different competitions and activities every day and kids were really enjoying themselves.
Still, nice wine and animators can't make up for other negative experiences we had!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma_msk

Dear Customer,
We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen to spend your holidays with us and for having written your feedback for the Hotel Laguna Albatros managed by Plava Laguna. We are glad to hear that your children had fun with our animators during your stay, however we would like to apologize for those services in which we could not meet your expectations, you may be assured that these important comments will be taken into account and will help us to keep continually improving all our services.
We hope that these inconveniences do not prevent you to visit us once again in the future.
Plava Laguna Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Porec
Hotel Laguna Parentium
All-inclusive Resort Funtana
Valamar Diamant Hotel
Laguna Molindrio Hotel
Valamar Crystal Hotel
Valamar Rubin Hotel
Valamar Rubin Hotel
#11 of 33 in Porec

Been to All Inclusive Hotel Laguna Albatros? Share your experiences!