All reviewsold townpremium roomsea viewthe safe deposit boxmodern facilitiesattached cafebroad selectionbed and breakfastwatching the boatsthe air conditioningbreakfast serviceeggs baconideal spotwould stay againlovely hotelfresh fruitbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful eleven night stay at the Grand Palazzo.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful and always keen to improve thier english
The hotel is in a lovely location with sea views all around. Breakfast on the terrace couldnt be bettered The old town is only a five minute walk away and has agood mix of shops and restuarants in its pretty little and narrow streets.,passing the marina leads to pleasant walks along the coastline and woods,littered with refeshment stops a noddy train runs for the less abled.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldpostieipswich
Reviewed July 1, 2011

On a family trip through the cost of Croatia, we turned into Porec to find logging without reservations. Hotel Palazzo was the perfect choice as the location near restaurants and the Sea was perfect. Out room over looked the Sea with a large balcony. We where able to park our car directly in front, for no fee, (well it may have been part of the rooms price), as breakfast was also included.

The room was huge plenty for us two and our six year old daughter, breakfast service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Look for the rooms with the roof top patio
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ppapp
Reviewed May 28, 2011

My husband and I planned to stay here on our wedding night. When we arrived, the lights in our room weren't working and the champagne we had previously arranged was missing. My husband went to speak to the manager and as I went to set my bag down, I ran into a piece of furniture and broke my toe. I was in a lot of pain and very upset, and the manager was completely unhelpful. I asked for gauze and surgical tape and was told that the hotel did not have a first aid kit! He then told us to keep the noise (me crying) down. One of our guests had to go out and find tape and gauze to bind my foot. The manager was completely unwilling to help and not apologetic at all. Absolutely appalling, and the lack of a first aid kit is incredibly dangerous. There are many other nice hotels in Porec, please stay at any one but this one!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SarahNaphtali
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Once arriving at Porec the hotel is well signposted and easy to find. However, drawback one - there is a barrier entering the road to the hotel and you have to telephone the hotel to raise it, in and out, which after a while we found irritating as we were paying roaming charges. Hotel Palazzo is in the most perfect location in the prettiest part of Porec, as you walk into the lobby you can see the Adriatic on the other side, and boats anchoring and leaving. The hotel says it is one of the oldest hotels in Porec and has recently been refurbished in 2009.
We paid extra for a superior double room which was meant to be bigger and with a view. We noticed some rooms had balconies - for the price we paid we kind of expected one too. We also asked for extra pillows (not there) and were disappointed at not having a bath as well as a shower. The temperature controls in the shower and air conditioning were hard to fathom, the first shower I had I waited and twisted knobs for what seemed like 5 minutes before it then got scaldingly hot! Also the air conditioning does not come on unless you keep pressing the temperature control - first night very hot as we closed the windows on some bar music coming from the old town. Lavatory seat cover off its hinges too.
Breakfast was included and was OK - but the public areas in the hotel generally are not patronised (save for breakfast), lack atmosphere and feel "Eastern Bloc". A shame as a buzzing bar would have made this hotel.
There is an outdoor pool (small and quite conspicuous) just on the terrace by the sea which we didn't use. However, we were delighted with the location and would stay again - hotel just needs to sort out a few things as above.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BGCLondon
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The hotel is very nicely and conveniently located at the rim of the harbor, just a few minutes from most restaurants and a few steps into the old part of the city. It has beend renovated recently making the whole appearance and the rooms very modern, elegant and comfortable. Service and breakfast were also above average.

However, though admittetly a nice upmarket hotel, our rate of EUR 271 per night deemed us a bit too pricey - might be different when booked early in advance and off-season though...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple