“A diamond in the rough!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restoran Pecina

Restoran Pecina
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Ploce
Cuisines: European, Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Delaware
“A diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Restaurant Pecina is located in Ploce where the A-1 Hwy ends and before you get to the marshy area of the Neretva River. There are no gas stations/ rest stops with food on a long stetch of the new Hwy before Ploce. Pecina has a lovely, vine covered terrace, a dark bar that looks like a cave and two indoor dining areas (one with the cave theme). We ate there on our way to Dubrovnik and again, on the way back.We were pleasantly surpised both times! On the first visit I had a very tasty tomato based seafood risotto and my husband had an excellent grilled shish-k-bob. On our 2nd visit we started with an exceptionally good marinated seafood salad. As an entree my husband had the Adriatic squid. He had a very generous portion of 8 or 9 very tasty squid. I had a wood grilled Bass which was one of the freshest, tastiest fish I had the whole trip. (That is really saying something because we ate a lot of fish!). On top of this the prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food served.
My only complaint is about the bathrooms. Although they are basically clean and provide a generous supply of toilet paper and paper towels they are dingy and dark. They need a fresh coat of paint and better lighting. In addition, the 2nd time I was there the toilet seat was off in the ladies room.

• Visited October 2012