“Great stay”

The Krizmanic Family B&B
Reviewed October 25, 2011

First of all let me say that Plitvice National Park is worth a visit. Don't think twice. Just do it. Then start to look for accommodation. We read several reviews of hotels and b&b's. First time in Croatia so a little bit apprehensive. We had no reason to be. This was a great place. The apartment (which is what this actually is. It comprises a living area with kitchen area, a bedroom and shower room. There is a balcony as well) was far more than the ensuite room we were expecting. The place was clean, well furnished and just what we needed to relax after exploring the Lakes. One night we were so tired we decided to use the cooking facilities in the apartment rather than go to the nearby disappointing Licka Kuka. Using the hob tripped the fuse briefly. But that is the only downside of an otherwise great stay.

If you want good, clean accommodation, good value and helpful owner... this is recommended. If you intend to cook yourself there... plan a salad!. Breakfast by the way is good. Enough to choose from and served in a dedicated area of the house. Oh, 2 single duvets on a double bed seemed slightly odd but not a problem.

Room Tip: Only one with a balcony I think.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michael c

Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed at the Krizmanic Family B&B the night of Sept. 25, 2010 and we were all disappointed. It was raining, no pouring when we arrived and Ms. Krizmanic told us that our rooms were not ready (already late afternoon) so we had to go for coffee while the rooms were being prepared (we had reserved two rooms for one night)

When we got back, I asked about breakfast that was supposed to be included in the price. Ms. Krizmanic told us that it was past the season so we had to go to a restaurant nearby.

The room was bare bones, smelled of bacon, the towels were like cardboard, we were given only two tiny ones. The rooms were freezing though when asked about heat, we were pretty much blown off. Ms. Krizmanic was so very unfriendly that we just stayed away from her.

The park is a good three miles from the B&B so walking there on a busy road is not possible. Of all of the places that we stayed on a 17 day trip through the Balkans, this was the least favorite,

I would not recommend this B&B to anyone. I do not mind having a plain room but at least we could have been welcomed. There is a restaurant nearby that has good food and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Micheljane
Aaron K, Owner at The Krizmanic Family B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor team and dear guests,
When I read this review I couldn't believe my eyes.
First of all, it is simply not possible that these guests were staying at our place The Krizmanic Family B&B - Rastovaca 15, because in the mentioned period we were closed due to childbirth. This is how I first noticed that something is not correct in this review.
Second, we are on a 5-10minutes easy walking distance from Entrance No.1 of the National Park, so distance of three miles mentioned in the review can not relete to our place.
Thirdly, if our customers are not satisfied with the service they have booked, they can feel free to check out at no cost.
These people have obviously reserved some place else, but it wasn't The Krizmanic Family B&B - at Rastovaca 15.
I'm so sorry they had such a bad experience, but that was not at our place and it doesn't have anything to do with us.
As mentioned in couple reviews from other guests staying at our place, this review refers to another family in another place.
Please find a way to forward this email to the guests who wrote the review, and tell them it's not very nice to advise other guests not to stay at our place. We are not perfect but we really try to be good at what we do, and we respect all our guests.
I hope my explanation is clear to you, and that you will remove this obviously truthless review from your site.
Best regards,
Ivana Krizmanic Kozlovic
The Krizmanic Family B&B, Rastovaca 15, Plitvice Lakes

Reviewed September 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed here in June for our one day adventure to Plitvice Park and we were not disappointed. We arrived around 2p and were able to check in almost immediately. It is owned by a husband and wife and she speaks perfect English.

We stayed in the suite upstairs with a small terrace and large living room area. Came with a small kitchette and fridge. It was so nice in the evening, that we were able to keep the windows cracked.

The only negative was that the shower, which is a fancy massage version, did not work properly due to the weaker water pressure. If that would ever be addressed, it would have been perfect.

Everything about this place was great. From the ice cream upon arrival to the ease of checkout, when my wife and I return to Croatia soon - we will be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were so impressed with the Krizmanic Family B&B! The location was perfect - the park entrance is just a short walk away. Our room was HUGE. Bigger than our apartment at home. It had a nice balcony, a clean kitchen, an amazing, hi-tech shower, large living room and a nice comfy bed. Everything was very clean and crisp. It was the perfect place to rest and enjoy a bottle of wine before hiking the next day.

The hosts were friendly and nice, and served an excellent, filling breakfast. I highly recommend this as a place to stay in the Plitvice Lake region.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Exceptionally clean, large rooms, in a great location within walking distance of the park. The owner/hostess was delightful, helpful, and very accommodating. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scubalo
Reviewed July 28, 2009

When we arrived at Plitvice Lakes, I was not feeling well after coming off of several days of very little sleep. The area and this B&B was the perfect place to make me feel better. The staff was extremely helpful and genuinely concerned with making sure I felt better. The setting was gorgeous and quiet, and the B&B was spotlessly kept. Not sure if it was just because I needed sleep so bad, but the bed was super-comfortable. Once we got ready to go to the lakes, it also turned out to be quite a convenient location - it was a short 5-10 min walk to the park entrance.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kristif7
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Stayed at the Krizmanic family bungalow in August 2008, and it was absolutely fantastic. The bungalow is in a village a short walking distance from an entrance to the Plitvice national park and the restaurant (which is also excellent). The owners were very friendly and attentive, the room was very clean and newly renovated, and the bathroom (particularly the shower) was great as well. Although there was no air conditioning, it gets quite cool at night and we did not find this to be a major problem. It is hard to describe in words just how happy I was with my stay there. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends