“Too high price for such hotel”
Review of Hotel Park

Hotel Park
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Makarska
Kryvyy Rih, Ukraine
“Too high price for such hotel”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

If to talk about rooms,they are big,clean and light. View ... If you take rooms on the 1st floor,be ready to look at the bushes on the balcony and just a little peace of sea. . As for breakfast.. it is a little poor for 4* and for such price. And there was one thing,which made me crazy - internet connection. The hotel with 4* has no normal internet!!! It is very sad. The pool is very small. In general the hotel is not bad,but it is not perfect as for me.This is just my mind. I think,I could not back here again.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank Екатерина М

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have used the hotel before and the staff were both friendly and efficient. The room we were allocated was fitted with a wet room and was both modern and comfortable. Unfortunately the week we were resident there was building work on a site next door which we were not tolf about before we booked and when the hotel was filled the food could have been better. Also if you are a tv watched there were only two english news channels and the Sky one needed to reset every few minutes which was very annoying(the BBC channel was not available). The hotel is still good but has lost a bit of its sparkle.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randrail
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the modern Park Hotel for 2 weeks recently and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. It is located in a convenient position right on the sea front with the town centre and harbour area just a 10 minute walk away. Our bedroom was spacious and comfortable with the added benefit of a separate lounge area. We stayed half board and found the breakfast and evening meal to be very good. All the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ian a
belfast
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel park for a week in early June as part of a tour group from Ireland. We were booked for half board. The location of the hotel is perfect. A few steps or the lift from the hotel brings you to the promenade level with direct access to the beach, restaurants and shops. Turning left and a three minute walk brings you to a market of small stalls selling a variety of clothes and souvenirs. The market is on the edge of makarska town which features a beautiful harbour and some lovely shops. The scenery is spectacular with the backdrop of the mountains.
The staff in the hotel were the nicest I have ever encountered. Always smiling and polite and most helpful.
My room was on the 5th floor facing the mountain. The room itself was beautiful although the balcony was mostly concreted in with a cut out window view which made it seem very dark. I asked if I could change and was offered another room with a larger balcony but this one looked out onto the building site next door so I decoded to stay put. I figured I would be outside mostly when the weather was good. I did appreciate the offer though.
The food in this hotel is fantastic. Breakfast offers a variety of fresh fruit, breads, ham, cheeses, pancakes etc plus a selection of hot foods and cereals. The evening Buffett had a great variety of meats,fish and vegetables changing every evening so you did not get bored. Desserts were scrum my but a bit samey. Ice cream would have been a welcome choice.
The swimming pool outside is very small and not suitable for a serious swimmer but I took advantage of the indoor pool to swim my lengths before breakfast and dinner when the pool was empty.
An additional attraction of the hotel was the wellness centre offering therapies at reasonable prices. I had a half hour reflexology and a half hour back massage. Thank you niño (I think his name was)for my fab treatments. If I come back to this hotel again I would certainly avail of the treatments.
I loved this hotel and the only negative is the small outdoor pool and if I was to score it out of 100 I would give it 95.
It was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: A sea view room would be lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank ladybirdBelfast
berkshire
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel is directly on small beach in town of Makarska. Rooms are excellent , spacious and very well furnished in modern style.
Dining room is modern, a little noisy if full , food quality and choice adequate.
Pool area is well maintained and pleasant to spend some time ....as for a whole day possibly insufficient shade and a little too claustrophobic.Not ideal for children.
Small shingly but attractive beach in front of hotel with pleasant promenade that goes around the bay.
Hotel is of good quality in a town that still bears memories of the Communist age. Few decent shops,.lots of market stalls selling poor quality souvenirs and goods.
Large drawback whilst we were there for 3 days(on a tour) was the building work on the property next door which when completed will loom over the pool area and the balconies.
Ideal for a short stay as a base but not my idea of a beach holiday hotel.
Staff very pleasant and willing to help.

Room Tip: Ones overlooking the beach -as far away as possible from the building works on left of hotel as you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank idleone
Cirencester Glos
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in May 2013.
Our room was very spacious and comfortable, superb view from the balcony, breakfast was good (except for the coffee!). The only downsides were the building work next door (which we were not made aware of when we booked - they did apologise on our arrival and gave us free parking for our stay) and the lack of space/sun loungers around the pool (many of which were reserved at some unearthly hour by German guests who then only used them for 1 hour a day!)
Staff were efficient but sometimes a little "cold". Would recommend for a stay in Makarska.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2pards
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The rooms here are spacious and nicely furnished. No tea making but free Wifi is available (also in the lobby). We had room 308 which has a sea view but unfortunately it is now partially overlooked by a large building being erected on the site next door. As we were touring during our three night stay, the building work did not disturb us but it would be a problem for anyone wanting to relax and sit round the pool all day.
Otherwise this is an excellent hotel with friendly staff and a good buffet style restaurant. It has a convenient location fronting a pedestrian walkway by the sea which has a choice of restaurants and bars and leads to a pretty harbour.

Room Tip: Choose a low number sea view room and avoid the side rooms which overlook the building site
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple