All reviews reception staff lobby stroll terrace parking sea
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Lovran is a three-star hotel, and most aspects of it match the price.

• Staff

Most of the staff lacked common courtesy and formality. Reception staff often seemed annoyed, even disturbed, when presented with any type of a request or an appeal.

Shout-out to Josip, who was a pleasurable exception! He was very kind and gentle with all guests. He made sure that everyone had everything they needed. He did occasional small-talk, kept pleasant manners and family-like friendliness which still passes for professional conduct! Thank you, Josip!

• Rooms & hotel

The rooms were very simple, yet clean & comfortable! There was plenty of towels in the room.

Staff regularly replaced the required towels, bed sheets, pillowcases, etc.

Most rooms offer a great view on the Adriatic sea, some even feature a balcony.

Lack of wall outlets made the nights a bit inconvenient for my colleague, who prefers to have his phone next to his bed at night.

Wi-Fi coverage inside our room was decent, and the speed was alright, too.

I had an issue with keys; I shared a room with my colleague, and we were told it wasn't possible to get another key, so we often had to juggle with one key. Also, the keys are very large and bulky.

• General hotel appearance

The lobby has a beautiful ambience! There is a beautiful fireplace, a grand piano, some comfortable couches, and plenty of seats that provide you with a sight of the sea.

I loved the paintings.

There are plenty of toilets around the hotel for you to use in case you're not near your room.

The conference hall also had one great glass wall with a terrace.

Hotel Lovran, conveniently located in Lovran, offers great opportunities for exploring the area. There are two bus stops only a couple meters from the hotel. Whichever you opt for, it will take you no more than 15 minutes to reach beautiful Abbazia.

The beaches below the hotel are absolutely stunning, with many pavilions, benches, and parks.

This is where the main issue appears; we opted for 3 meals per day at the hotel, and it was.. oh my.

The desserts were just fine, but everything else had been so salty! Incredibly oversalted! Oversalted to the point that most of the guests skipped their meal.

Fries were oversalted, pork was oversalted, chicken was oversalted. By Gods, I couldn't eat a salmon steak because it had a *layer* of salt on top of it.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank mihelcic_eu
Reviewed August 9, 2017

I spent the night in a room overlooking a busy road. It was very hot and there was no aircon in the room so I had to try to sleep with the window open. A steep hill across from the hotel just amplifies the road traffic to concert-level decibels. Needless to say I didn't sleep a wink, which was ok since I was being attacked by mosquitos anyway because I couldn't close the window due to the heat and no aircon. I went down to reception at one point and asked for another room and was told that they were full, which is fine. The receptionist then explained that the rooms facing the road don't have aircon like the rest of the hotel.. WTF? Why wouldn't you put AC in the rooms that most need their windows closed in order for guests to sleep.

The room was clean. Only one towel in the bathroom though. Breakfast was fine.

Room tip: If you like sleeping, avoid road facing rooms like the plague.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2017

One of the hotels built during the Tito time and not modernized since the eighties. Paint is coming off everywhere, windows and doors are not properly closing and the water pressure in the shower is hardly enough for taking a shower. Because we booked it for it's amazing view over the Gulf of Rijeka it could be a real gem if an investor would bring it up to standard. Breakfast and dinner (halfboard) was OK.

Room tip: Choose a room with view to the Adriatic sea.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel during the conference, it had everything what I need: good accessibility via public transport to other towns, great location for walking and sighseeing. Breakfast was good as well, but sometimes vegetables were missing and not replenished. Although rooms are tired and very simple. Wi-fi is good in common areas but not always working properly in rooms (especially weak in evenings).

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2016

I must admit I was disappointed in this hotel. It looked a lot nicer on the internet. It felt tired and run down. Not worth the money. The carpets were stained and on the outside some of the shutters had paint that was peeling off. However the location was good.

Room tip: Sea View on upper floors
Date of stay: September 2016