“Great place for lunch and dinner”
Review of Lovranska Vrata

Lovranska Vrata
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Lovran
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We visit this restaurant every year, as always excellent service, fresh fish, etc. Waiters can advise well, or modify the food according to our taste. Get advice, it's worth it :)

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We chose Lovranska Vrata as it came highly recommended. It started well, a good discussion with the waiter about the choice of fish and sides. All good. Until the food arrived, my husband’s was fine, I had specifically asked for fish and not calamari or octopus, I ordered vegetables and potatoes as a side. What arrived was the usual mixed plate with octopus and calamari, and no sides arrived. When the waiter returned about 10 minutes later I asked about the sides, I was met with a regretful shrug saying he had told the chef who hadn’t cooked them but I could wait if wanted to. I decided not to as by that time my husband had almost finished his meal which he said was very nice. Given all the other glowing reviews I’m sure this was just an unfortunate error and I’m sure most customers are less fussy about sea food than I am. I do however expect to get the dinner I order.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Really excellent fish restaurant at a price that was value for money. Husband had excellent tuna, I had shrimp.location in the old town square was a lovely place to spend an evening

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Nice location, nice waiters. We had a Sea Bass weighing 0.8 kilo between two. The price was 400kn or 55 Euro per Kg so we actually paid 320kn or 43 Euro just for the fish! I am flabbergasted at this price, we are on the coast where this fish is caught. On top of that we were charged a cover charge and another 50kn for the Blitva, basic Swiss chard and potatoes which the water said came with the fish.
I don’t usually rant about food prices but I can’t get over 55 Euro per Kg for Sea Bass.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We have returned to the place as food and service was excellent, price-quality ratio is really great.
If you love seafood this place is a must to dine.

Date of visit: August 2018