“fantastic”

Ranked #72 of 166 Specialty Lodging in Hvar
london
“fantastic”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We promised when we left that we would translate our enjoyment there into a goodreview so here it is- the atmosphere of the place was great, there was a simple outdoor cooking area, two chill out sections (very comfortable bean bags and hammock one side) the rooms were clean and standard dorms. there were lockers. Diane was fantastic and made everyone welcome and included all people (if they wanted) ingoing out which was particuarly good for small groups and lone travellers. We named the dog Doris whilst we were there- so go say hi!
A brilliant hostel, and hvar- a beautiful place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Green lizard hostel is clean, fun and has an excellent atmosphere. Really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hvar Island, Croatia
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The Green Lizard is the best hostel we have stayed at in our month of travelling. The ladies who run the hostel are super friendly and helpful, and may even go out on the town with you! There is an outdoor kitchen that makes you feel that going out for food would be utterly stupid, since the kitchen, with its terrace, overlooks the harbour, and there are great sunsets. Socializing, meeting other travellers, and partying are all very easy and fun to do here! GREAT hostel!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 17, 2011

this is one of the best hostels I stayed in. The owner Vanessa is so friendly. The rooms are clean. You can cook and eat outside, different cozy places to sit and enjoy the sea view. It's also a good place to meet other travellers. You really feel welcome here, I think the best place to stay if you visit Hvar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I'm really surprised at some of the negative comments as we LOVED our 2 night stay here. Understandably we came in a quite time but we had amazing weather and the owner of the hotel spent a long time with us, telling us about the island, where to go, recommendations of local restaurants (Dalmatina's = best meal in Croatia). She was clearly busy setting up the hostel for summer and you could tell she was working to the bone to make it a great place.
The room was quiet and clean and while it is a little way to walk back to the hostel, it was agreat way to walk off all the great seafood and icecream!
A great little place and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We loved our stay here - my friend and i stayed in the private room with own bathroom, the view was amazing, the hostel was great for meeting people. If you have the front rooms they can get a bit noisy but we didnt mind. Always seemed to be someone keen for a beer and chat. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This was one of the hostel highlights of my summer holiday. The hostel had a really good atmosphere and the outdoor areas were nice for relaxing and having beers with the other hostellers. The hammocks in the courtyard were great and I spent most of my days reading my book in one of them!

The lady running the place was very kind and helpful - for example, when I arrived we got chatting and I mentioned that I was on Hvar to relax not party. She came and found me later on that afternoon and asked me if I would like to move up to one of the smaller dorms where it would be quieter, as a bed had become available, which was nice of her. Pretty much everyone else was out partying, but I can't say I was bothered by much noise from people coming home.

The room had a lovely view, and I had no problems waiting for a bathroom, as there were two showers and two toilets upstairs. The outside kitchen was fine, although when the wind was blowing it was very difficult to light, and keep lit, the gas stove! The location is ok, it's a bit of a walk from the town square but no more than 10 minutes or so, even if it is a bit tricky to find at first. There are two laptops for internet access and wifi (although the wifi only works downstairs not in the rooms upstairs). The hostel is a little pricey compared to other hostels and to a room in private accommodation, but the good atmosphere really does make up for that.

All in all, I would certainly recommend it to others, and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo