All reviews private beach hvar town sea view hot water swimming area sun loungers diving school shuttle service minute walk reception staff quiet bay cocktail bar superior room coastal path sea front ferry tickets our honeymoon
Reviewed August 15, 2017

My 2 friends and I stayed at Hotel Podstine. The hotel is built on a hill so you enter the reception on the topmost floor. When requesting a higher floor because of this, the reception told us they could knock on everyone's doors on the higher floors to request them to exit the hotel...

The staff was incredibly rude, the food was god awful, and the rooms dingy and definitely not worth the price paid for the hotel.

The only redeeming factor about this hotel was it's little beach. While it says it's a beach hotel, what they actually mean is a few feet of rocks next to the sea. Still, a nice place to sit during the day if you can grab a chair early enough.

Room tip: Request a higher floor BEFORE you get to the hotel
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for five nights on my own and had a great time.

All staff I interacted with were friendly, approachable and efficient. The location is perfect, with the most beautiful swimming and bathing area available to guests. I totally relaxed here which is what I wanted.

Internally it's clean and comfortable, as some reviewers have commented the rooms are pretty standard. To be honest for what I paid I was happy. Yes I paid a lot but to get a hotel with more luxurious rooms I would've had to pay even more. It's all relative at the end of the day. I think some people have ideas and expectations above their station.

The hotel is a reasonable walk from the town which in the heat can be challenging but the hotel offers a shuttle service. Plus because of the location it has a lovely peaceful relaxed vibe.

I ate lunch here everyday and found the food surprisingly good. All sandwiches and salads were fresh and tasty. The drinks on offer are varied and everything was reasonably priced.

Breakfast was adequate if not mind blowing but had everything you could possibly need.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights , very well appointed hotel outside space, plenty of loungers, bar areas and seating areas for a small hotel of 54 rooms.
The bar snacks are great but finish at 7pm and the restaurant menu is poor and over priced we thought they would do better keeping the bar menu.
We would return as it it a lovely Hotel and very helpful staff but they must change the hardest and roughest towels.
Bathrooms do need up dating and mould removed . These are minor things but I would still recommend this Hotel

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed a 4 night stay at the Podstine Hotel. The location is to die for with amazing views. Sun Beds are spread out over 3 tiers overlooking a secluded inlet and there is always availability. Bar service good (food good) and in general staff were always very helpful and we found service to be very quick. The hotel rooms are fine and we upgraded to sea view which is definitely worth it. Room are a little basic for a 4 star hotel and beds/towels could be a better standard given the room price. I would still highly recommend as its all about the views and relaxing outdoor area. Massages were great. Thanks for a great trip and for collecting us and bringing us to the Cameraman for free.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2017

This hotel was really nice. The grounds were wonderful and there were so many different layers and alcoves where you could sit and relax, watch the ocean or just read a book. The rooms were nice but the bed sheets were really rough and the bed itself was very hard. I think it's just the European way. There was one sheet and if you put that on the bottom it made it a little easier. The shower was as big as a phone booth (maybe) but putting that aside it was great. The food at the restaurant was great and the buffet in the morning was excellent. It's a bit off the beaten path but definitely worth it. And the service was superb.

Date of stay: July 2017