“Lovely Setting but Overpriced”
Review of Konoba Gojava - CLOSED

Konoba Gojava
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Konoba Gojava ( "Gojava" - name of the old Hvar district beneath the Napoleon fortress) is a nice little tavern located on the first stairs west of the main square (Clock Tower). It's the perfect place for a quiet romantic candlelight dinner. If you are with friends and looking for a more crowded atmosphere there are tables located on the street. It is a great choice if you are looking for a good
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were lucky to get squeezed in on a very busy night, and while the staff was lovely, we were a little shocked at the prices. The food was good, but some of the main meal portions were very small for the prices that we paid. I ordered a salad and a side of vegetables, as I was not very hungry, and my portion was spot on. One of the friends we were with ordered the fish, and left hungry. :( We paid far less for every other meal that we had in Hvar and left more satisfied than when we left Konoba Gojava. We really wanted to love this place, but the high price tag was sort of a buzz-kill. I would suggest the lovely restaurant down the stairs and to the right of this Konoba.

There are newer reviews for Konoba Gojava

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The waitress and her husband were very friendly and accommodating! My boyfriend and I had the vegetable and Fish soup followed by fish with vegetables. Both were yummy! Really nice location too! Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I mistakenly thought this restaurant was Park Hvar where we had a booking. The host pointed us in the right direction however we decided we would have to try this place as the setting is really beautiful. We went on our last night and it is a shame we couldn't go back again for one more dinner. The food was superb and fresh and the service was so warm and friendly. It was like being at a friends house for dinner. Definitely visit if you are in Hvar!

2  Thank GiniMelb
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great dinner, owners are great hosts (and wonderful to chat with). Ambiance of eating on the stairs with candlelight is hard to beat. Would eat here again.

2  Thank Frank M
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The atmosphere of this place is amazing. Looks like we're going back in time. The place is very beautiful and well kept tavern.

Food is served on planks of wood and rustic pots. Everything is done so that you have the best experience. Great food and great value.

The service is excellent.

1  Thank MarcosCaseiro