See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I did read back over the bad reviews before writing this just to get a picture of my experience compared to others who stayed here.

I believe the campsite has had some money spent in it this summer because all facilities were fresh painted, up-to-date solar panel shower blocks, clean tidy campsite with a well kept beach bay.

I can see evidence of a run down playground area so I'm sure work is still in progress.

We stayed in a mobile home 2 beds with en-suite and wooden veranda overlooking the sea - simply beautiful to eat croissants and drink coffee in the mornings.

The mobile home was well equipped with pots, pans, cutlery, plates, glasses etc it was £230 for 5 nights which I think was value for money.

The campsite is very quiet so nice place to un wind.

The bar serves cocktails and local beers, lunch menu and snacks.

The restaurant although has a very basic menu the food is very good, in fact we are at the panorama restaurant the night before and paid over DOUBLE for the same fish we ate here (kicking ourselves!!)

Onsite there is a laundry and shop also a mini bus is offered into hvar but I recommend hiring a car because the drives around this area are spectacular ... a little gem of a road to drive is from hvar to stari grad but via Selsca instead of the main route past Milna.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Natural-Soap C
Reviewed November 17, 2016

My husband and I stayed at Camp Vira in August 2016. We rented a very basic 2 man tent with no added luxuries but it was perfect for us. The campsite is located out of the town so we made use of the campsite minibus (for a small charge) when we wanted to go into Hvar. The beach at the campsite is a beautiful swimming spot and the ideal place for relaxation. The toilet/shower blocks are kept clean and my only complaint about the showers is that the later you went for a shower the colder the water was. However, the weather was lovely and hot so I wasn't cold for long. We had lunch at the restaurant a couple of times and although the menu was very minimal the food we had was nice. The only thing I feel would improve the campsite would be for the bar area to be open until a bit later at night as by 11pm there was nowhere to go but bed. It would be nice to be able to use the pool table until later at night. Overall we had an excellent stay and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kirsty R
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Small autocamp, only 3,5 from Hvar city... Unfortunately on the other side of the island, connected vith town only with a main road, over a 125 m high hill. If you want to visit town, you have to take a car or use a pricey minivan from the camping. Parking in town can be difficult to find during high season and pricey. Camping is clean, staff very friendly and helpful, there are nice daily animation hours for kids on the beach. Beach in small, clean, 100m wide with pebbles, not very crowded. Really clean sanitary facilities, but forget a hot water in the shower in the evening during high season (showering in the morning is a better choice). Camping feels a maybe in the middle of nowhere and if you enjoy walking arount, you don't really have anywhere to go without using a motorised transportation first. Maybe renting a scooter is a best idea during a stay in Vira

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank axxisR
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I've been backpacking in Europe now for almost 4 months. Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland, Andorra.. Now in Croatia for almost a month. I've couchsurfed, wild camped and stayed at numerous campgrounds. I cannot believe how EXPENSIVE and dirty this place is compared to the ones I've stayed at.

First off, per night, they charge 229 kunas for 2 people. 80 kunas roundtrip from the campground to the center (there are no buses) and 35 for 1 day of internet. That's approx $51 bucks day total. YOU CAN GET A CHEAPER ROOM AT AIRBNB for this price which we ended up doing. For $36 a night we had a small studio which consisted of a porch, bathroom, bed, air conditioning, kitchen & living room. This is the only campground that I know of near the center of Hvar so that's probably why they gouge you. Unfortunately by the time we arrived at this campsite we were tired and it was past 5pm already so we had to stay one night.

THIS CAMPGROUND IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE CAMPGROUNDS IN SWITZERLAND if you can believe that.. I'm saying this because Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries.

They take you to your campsite in a golf cart. The driver took us to the wrong campsite (#71). You have 2 options when you check in. You can pick a site with no shade or shade. The difference is 10 kunas. You pay more for the shady site. We paid for the shady site and he dropped us off at the no shade site. We tried to get the 10 kunas back (which is really no big deal) but the first thing the female receptionist said was that she has to cancel and rebook the paperwork so in essence she didn't want to do it. She didn't want to do her job and was pretty much lazy although there weren't any customers in the lobby.

Our site #71, was FULL of cigarette butts, used toilet paper and dog poop.. IT WAS NASTY to say the least. The only good thing was that the water near our campsite is decent for snorkeling. This water is where the mini harbor was so there are boats in this area. I don't believe this is part of the campground.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

We visit Camp Vira every year for the beautiful beach and delicious food in their Aloe Vera restaurant. What we didn't like was the entrance fee for parking because it has increased in price every year. Beach is as beautiful as ever, you have an outdoor shower and clean toilets nearby, and you can rent a lot of sea accessories. The restaurant upstairs offers varied seafood which is absolutely superb and fresh and never a disappointment. Downstairs you have pizza and pasta which are not bad at all. But we come back every year for the fresh fish, great wine and decent prices which are rare on Hvar.

Stayed: August 2016