“Perfect Location”

The Palace Hvar Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Hvar
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My partner and I stayed here during the last week of May 2014. The hotel is perfectly situated right in the heart of Hvar, and only 2minutes from the ferry port. All bars and restaurants are literally seconds away.

The hotel itself is visually stunning from the exterior - however, internally the rooms are dated. However they are clean and spacious so the dated nature did not bother us in the slightest. Noise can be heard, doors opening closing in the corridors etc, and also from the surrounding nightlife; although I personnaly wouldnt have classed it as 'noisey'. It didnt disturb our sleep etc

It has a terrace with a restaurant and bar which looks directly out on the harbour. There is a pool although it is restricted to about half a dozen loungers. It does however get the sun all day.However - we did use the pool in the near by Amfora hotel in Hvar. I would highly recommend doing this. It is only a short walk, and as the hotel is run by the same group, access to the Amfora pool is permitted.

All in all I would recommend this very reasonably priced hotel, and would certainly recommend the visit to Hvar

2  Thank Stuart_Atkinson

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ok a palace it is not, but for location, you couldn’t ask for better. Right smack bang in the centre of Hvar’s main square, next to the ferry.

Our room was clean and basic. No frills to speak of. Typically average.

Please be warned that air conditioning is not offered here. We visited in May and the room was warm but not unbearable. The ceiling fan was fine but I can imagine in July or August, it would be close to intolerable with the heat.

We opted to get a room with a balcony and sea view which was well worth the extra money. We were able to sit out each evening, have a glass of wine and enjoy the local entertainment below in the square. I imagine a room without a balcony would be a bit grim so personally I would encourage you to spend a bit more in order to have this option.

The bathroom was clean and functional although the hair-dryer was like something out of the dark ages on the wall. Similar to a hover!

The staff were incredibly friendly and they offered to print our boarding cards at reception. The breakfast offered a wide selection- lots of fresh fruits, selections of bread, hot food, sweets.

This suited our needs as we didn’t spend much time in the room or need any hotel facilities. If you want something more modern, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Katie G
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed one night in The Palace and we were happy with hotel. Its located in the perfect location right off the main square. The room itself was good although in need of a bit of a refurb. We had a lovely view out the window. The bathroom was quite small though. Breakfast was included with the room which was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

To be right on the main square of the town of Hvar makes this hotel an excellent place to stay. The rooms are a little tight, a little tired, and the bathrooms probably need refurbishing, but it's clean and the staff is nice. But, as stated, what you're getting is location, location, location and I think it's well worth it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the square (but I'm not sure I'd pay more for it).
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at The Palace Hvar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review and we are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again soon in Hvar!

With Best Regards
Palace Hotel

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I booked this hotel based upon write ups in Trip Advisor. It was the right combination of price and location.
This is an average hotel in an excellent location. It is in the heart of the Hvar Town. We had a room with a balcony, they are very small.
The staff were very pleasant and easy to deal with.
The stay included a full hot and cold breakfast that was fully stocked.

I wouId recommend this hotel as a good value hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheldon a
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My 7 night stay was booked through Anatolian Sky Holidays ,who in the past have arranged for me countless trips the length and breadth of Turkey.

I read countless reviews before departure so was a little anxious what I might find at The Palace.
I need not have been concerned. I was allocated a large double room on the 3rd floor(312) with a sea view and a large full bathroom. Although the building is old fashioned, my room and bathroom were immaculate, everything worked and the bed was very comfortable. There was loads of wardrobe space and more than enough hangers.

The breakfasts had a vast array of fruits,cheese, cold meats, cereals, breads,cakes and preserves.Hot choices of bacon,sausages and scrambled eggs were also on offer.

The two guys on reception were terrific ,finding me a local bar where I could watch football with very cheap drinks!

I accept that the lack of air conditioning would preclude a stay there in high summer but the ceiling fan was all that was required the last week in September.

The bus services was great for getting around and I took an off road safari which I highly recommend. Loved Hvar and am going to Brac same week next year, with the same holiday company.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dfergie412
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is supposed to be one of the oldest hotels in Europe, having being inaugurated by the Empress Sissi from Austria and wife of Franz Ferdinand I. It is located right at the main square of Hvar, which can be a good thing since you can easily wheel your luggage from the pier to the hotel and from it you can reach all the important historical sites of the area in just a few steps or a few minutes on foot. However, it can be a bad thing in the sense that if you have your windows opened, there will be the constant noise of the hustle and bustle of the town. Moreover, in the evening, until late in the early morning, even with your windows closed, you will hear the music of the jazz live band with the singer until the wee hours of the morning. Therefore, if you are an early bird going to bed or getting up in the morning, you would be better finding somewhere else to stay in Hvar.
The room itself was fine. The bathroom dated. There is no air conditioned but there is a ceiling fan which worked for us, since we were there in September and the weather was not hot, but in the Summer, it must be unbearable.
One good point of the hotel is its breakfast: it is varied, with plenty of fruits, home-made yogurt, semolina, corn bread pudding, various types of bread, local pastry, cereals, cheeses, cold cuts, tomatoes, cucumber, eggs, local jams, bacon, etc.
Would I recommend this hotel? No, because I am not a night owl. If, however, you like to party and stay up late, then this hotel may be for you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends