“Great local treat”

Junior
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant "Junior" is a family run restaurant in the old town centre. We serve local and organically produced food. My grandma, the owner, stil cooks the food with her secret recipes and my father,her son, provides the restaurant with the fresh fish that he caught on the very same day. "Junior" is a great restaurant if you'd like to taste traditional dishes and to experience truly local Hvar atmosphere.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our apartment host.

It is off the main seafront and a local gem. It is a very low key restaurant with great local dishes and great value. I opted for the squid ink which was very tasty.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant and it was amazing! So glad we went because not only was the food delicious but the service was great. The food is also not too expensive when compared to other restaurants in Hvar. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank Travel_Bug2014727
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Junior is a fish restaurant close to the harbour in the city of Hvar.It is owned by a family where the mother is responsible for the kitchen and her sons for the delivery of fish and sea food.You will always find fresh fish in the restaurant .It is one of the best fish and sea food restaurants in the city of Hvar.It was the first restaurant I visited when I bought my apartment in Hvar in 2005.Since then I have been there a number of times every year and I have never been disappointed .

1  Thank Stefan G
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Junior last night following a recommendation by our land lady, we were no disappointed. We didn't book a table but fell lucky as there was a table for two available while everything else was reserved. We had a bottle of table wine that was comparable with others in Hvar, it was served promptly after ordering. For mains we both had rissoto. The black squid rissoto was fantastic as too was the 'Frutta Di Mare' had by my girlfriend. Although if we went back it would be the black one for her also. Topped off with great service and a price of less than 300kuna. Perfect.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place is the definition of a hidden gem. We were not expecting the food to be of such a high quality. And for hvar... It was an absolute steal. I had risotto with squid. My fiancé had spaghetti bolognaise. The portions were huge. The wine was only ok but it was €2.50 for a quarter of a litre. There was a wider selection for full bottles.
I would definitely recommend this place.