“Stunning setting especially at sunset with delicious food”
Review of Divino

Divino
Ranked #15 of 135 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fine dining with spectacular view
Melbourne, Australia
“Stunning setting especially at sunset with delicious food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Came here for a romantic dinner with my husband on our last night in Hvar and weren't disappointed. It's on the fine dining, pricier side. The view was incredible and I strongly recommend booking for 7 - 7.30 to make the most of the setting sun. I was surprised how quiet it was at that time given the stunning view. Although I'm not a fan of steak tartare, my husband said it was the best he has had and quite a standout. For dessert we had the selection of sun sand and sea which was amazing! Highly recommend getting this dessert so you can try all 3 - I will remember this for a long time. Only criticism would be at times the service was a bit lacking for a place like this (e.g. didn't know what a bread plate was and looked at me strangely when I asked for one). They also offer a degustation however the chef refuses to tell you what is included which I heard a few tables struggling with based on different tastes or allergies. I'm used to degustations where the chef sorts it all out for you, but you're more able to point out certain things you don't like/can't eat.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Serbian first
Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Great food at a divine location”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a beautiful night here. The restaurant is located on a big terrace overlooking the sea and the islands close to Hvar town. Since the entire terrace and restaurant is on the first floor, it's more like a rooftop terrace. The food (fish) and wine were exquisit! Very high quality. The service was good and correct.

Stockholm, Sweden
“DiVino is divine!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my first choice of restaurant on my first night in Hvar and probably the best choice of restaurant i've ever made in my entire life.
Simply a culinary experience that will sray in my memory.
I ordered the 4 course meny for 310 kuna and ords are poor to describe the taste of each one...OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
The service was impeccable and professional on a high lever not to mention the view that is made for pure romance.
If there is any restaurant in this world that i would highly reccomend it is this particular one and you'll definitely feel you're in Heaven:-)

North NJ
“Nice views, average food.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Somewhat disappointing. Some dishes are nice. Some are not so. The menu was limited and the service was not very good. No exactly worth the money.

1 Thank Robert S
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Croatian meal (and wine)”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on a referral, what a great recommendation! At first we were put off with the 4 course tasting meal where the courses were a "surprise". I was not happy since I could not pair wine. However we then decided to have them also do a wine pairing as well. That turned out to be a great choice since the food that was provided was fabulous and the wine pairings even better. My wife and I are "foodies" from East Coast US and we were very, very impressed with the meal and the wine. The service was very good, the sommelier excellent and the view OUTSTANDING.

My only recommendation would be for the restaurant to add the wine pairing to the menu so others can know this option exists.