“nice cuisine and romantic location”
Review of Divino

Divino
Ranked #18 of 140 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fine dining with spectacular view
hvar
“nice cuisine and romantic location”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Divine place with perfect fine dining cuisine. I remember a had a best beef steak there and best cheese cake for desert. The view is stunning and if you are not in love, you will fall in love there :)

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
  • Serbian first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, sight. . . pure delight”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Terrace with a unique view of the islands and the port gives you a great pleasure dining and wining. As far as food, we were delighted to creations of the young chef who cooked our meals in multiple sequences from selected local ingredients.
Outstanding food, perfect view.

• Visited August 2012
Voorschoten, The Netherlands
“Non existent service in a fantastic location.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked the six course tasting menu nearly 4 months in advance for my wife's birthday as we would be in Hvar on that day. We arrived an hour early so we thought we would have a glass of wine before dinner. The waiter we approached had no notice of our booking and was not interested in the e-mail traffic I had brought with me. "The e-mail system doesn't work", he said, "but there is plenty of room, so you don't need a booking". So that was the tasting menu down the chute as advance booking is required. I asked him if he had any local white wines by the glass, but he said no. Then I asked him about the Vugava Marjan white wine and he said it comes from central Croatia which I took to mean somewhere near Zagreb. Well, at least it is from Croatia I thought and we got two glasses. The wine was very pleasant, but when I turned the page of the wine list it became clear that the wine was from Vis, a small island about 25km from the restaurant. A sommelier he was most definitely not. I do not suffer fools gladly so by now I was ready to walk out and get a pizza somewhere. But it is strange how a glass or two mellows you, so as we sat there in this beautiful setting, watching a 5-masted clipper glide into the bay and drop anchor, we decided to try a couple of courses after all. We settled on the Divino plate for two for starter, with ham, cheese, olives etc. Then I chose the Ribeye steak with veal shank terrine and my wife the Duck leg. The starter plate was very nice as you would expect anywhere in Dalmatia, but the main courses arrived before we had finished. A waiter he was also most definitely not. The duck leg was good as was the ribeye, but it is difficult to concentrate on nice food when you are treated as if you are a leper. My wife managed the duck leg and I had about half of the ribeye. With our background we could have cooked the main courses just as well ourselves, so when we eat out the service is extremely important. There was nearly as much veal shank terrine as steak on the plate and it was not a marriage that worked. We made our retreat to write it down as one of those disappointments that happens to you occasionally. On the way out we met Anamarija, the owner and she asked if it had been all right. We told her the truth. Then she tweaked and realized who we were and she said she had us down for the day before. She kindly offered us a glass of champagne to heal the wounds, but it would take more than that so we had an after dinner drink in a local waterfront bar. Another couple from the same ship also had dinner there the same evening and they were extremely happy. But they had a different waiter.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank inger088
“A very special resraurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we had a superb meal in Divino last week both the food and the service were excellent. One of the best steaks I have ever had and the view from the restaurant is magical especially at sunset.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank olivia19062001
Washington
“Romantic and delicious”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In touristy Hvar we were trying hard to find a place that was not too kitschy and touristy, just great food. We found it here. It was perched up and had a romantic view of the harbour. It was delicious food, I had the fresh octopus salad and a yummy "second class" sea bass. Grilled perfectly. My husband also really enjoyed his food, though not as much as I did. We both loved the view, the service was great, and we think it was a perfect choice.

Visited September 2012