“Romantic and delicious”

Ranked #24 of 145 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fine dining with spectacular view
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In touristy Hvar we were trying hard to find a place that was not too kitschy and touristy, just great food. We found it here. It was perched up and had a romantic view of the harbour. It was delicious food, I had the fresh octopus salad and a yummy "second class" sea bass. Grilled perfectly. My husband also really enjoyed his food, though not as much as I did. We both loved the view, the service was great, and we think it was a perfect choice.

There are newer reviews for Divino

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We dropped in without a reservation and had no problem at all getting a table (ok it was late in the season).

The staff were friendly and efficient (but I should point out that while friendly I have had better service in Hvar, not to sy it was bad, i just didn't have the same wonrful experience that some of e other reviewers are describing). What's more they knew the food they we serving and were able to recommend wines that went with the food and fitted our taste.

The food itself was absolutely fantastic, I would go so far as to say this was the nicest food that we had while in Croatia. If you're there I would recommend trying the steak as it was great as was the salad that was served with it.

You should also try the cheese cake if you like desert, simply brilliant.

In short you can see why they recently won a recognition for their food.

If there is one thing that prevents this place from being 5 stars as an overall rating it would be the lack of choice on the menu. You need to look at the menu before you enter the restaurant, because if you're a slightly fussy eater then you might struggle to find someothing that works for you as some of the combinations are rather unusual.

1  Thank ZRH_Aussie
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here on our first night and then went back again on our last night. It was one of the best places we have ever been to. The food was amazing and the service was spot on.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our experience at diVino was absolutely perfect. The garden rooftop terrace setting overlooking the harbour is beautiful.

The service from our waiter was faultless - he was polite and friendly, knowledgeable without being a show off or alienating us, and attentive at all the right times. I can honestly say its the best service I've ever had in a restaurant.

The food was exceptional - a complimentary beef pate amuse bouche, beef carpacchio and sea bass starters, beef fillet and tuna steak mains, and chocolate ganache with malibu whipped cream (OMG!) and cheescake desserts.

Lovely prosecco and wine also.

1  Thank MrsGV
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We came to this restraunt because the friends we met here in Hvar had been and recommended it. We were so glad we did, it was my wife's 50th birthday nd the staff was so helpful and accommodating. When we got there they set us up in a nice corner location overlooking the bay. The food was excellent, we ordered the seafood platter for 2. We eat fish but it's usually fillets, it was so funny to see my wife's face when the plate came in and there was a whole barbecued fish staring at her. She had to cover his face o she could eat it....but wow once she did he tasted so good skin and all. We couldnt get enough. After dinner our waitress brought my wife a desert with sparklers lit on it fr her birthday which was so nice.

1  Thank SteveLalaE