“The best appartment we ever stayed in”
Review of Villa Fio

Villa Fio
Ranked #4 of 51 Hvar B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Villa Fio is brand new. Everything is just perfect - new, beautiful and cosy.
I spent two wonderful days there with my husband, in May 2013.
We just wish we could stay longer!
Island Hvar is beautiful, so many nice things to visit and discover.

We appretiated free parking place. And it is only 10 - 15 minutes of walking from the old city centre of Hvar.

It was great that the appartment had fully equiped kitchen - so we were able to cook our breakasts and dinners there.

One advice - we attended a free guided tour of Hvar (it is held 2x weekly in off peak season). It is really good (you can get timetable at the tourist office).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Fio

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Marija is a great host & made our trip to Hvar the best possible. The room was lovely and spotless and so tastefully decorated. Also, a Wonderful view & very functional kitchen where we were able to relax over breakfast & make dinner & enjoy it all on the roomy terrace overlooking the sea in the distance. The beach just down the steps (wear sandals...flip flops may not do it for many) was fantastic with places to eat overlooking the stunning view. It was my birthday and Marija went over the top in making me feel special by leaving floating candles on the deck table, a beautiful note and some homemade wine as well. You also can get picked up at the bus station on arrival. You can't go wrong staying here. Thanks again Marija!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This little villa is a little up hill walk from the town, but in September weather was pleasant so the
walk quite pleasant. plus on the way to the town, you can take a little detour to the supermarket.
Behind the villa theres a nice quiet beach, just a short down hill walk through the 'woods'
Room is cosy and clean. From the balcony you have nice view of the port and cove on the other side.
Owner of the villa was very friendly, helpful and accommodating, definitely put a shine on our trip. We love Hvar, and looking forward to go back there again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Only we could bring clouds and rain to Hvar Island so sadly we didn’t get to truly experience the sunniest island in the world. Having said that this was a very nice place to stay, Marija from the villa came down to the ferry to get us and drive us back to the villa. It was a short 5 minute round-about drive where as it would have been a 15 minute uphill walk. So at the end of a long day we were appreciative of the lift.

This is a nice, clean new villa with a remarkably engaging hostess, Marija, who is very eager to help. It was a spotlessly clean, small apartment style room, with a bathroom, bedroom, kitchen (with a microwave, which was a rare but awesome find on our trip) and well decorated living room/dining room combo. Did I mention it was clean, you could eat off the floor I’m sure. It works very well and is very functional, we also had a balcony with a sea view. They have two views here sunrise and sunset. We had a sunrise, while it was very nice I would specifically ask for a sunset view room next time. Sunrise is too early on holidays and I personally really prefer sunsets. They do have a nice common main floor terrace with a sunset view that we used to watch the sunset there our first night just prior to the rain arriving.

There is a grocery store about 500 meters away that has everything you need for meals, snacks or drinks. It is a nice 10 minute walk to a public beach down a serious hill.

It is a very nice place that cost 91 Euros with no breakfast included but we would definitely stay here again. The best part about it was the host but really there is nothing bad at all that we could say about the villa. There does appear to be some construction around the villa that may minimize some of the views in a few years, so now is the time to come.

Previous Hotel – House Renata, Dubrovnik Croatia
Next Hotel – Kaleta Apartments, Split Croatia

1  Thank LSUC
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Fio for five nights in September 2012. The villa was lovely, modern and clean with fantastic sea views. I cannot recommend this property enough, we had a relaxing, stay and Antonia was really helpful and kindly collected us and dropped us off at the harbour at the start and end of our trip. This place is great value, and in a fantastic location- we can't wait to come back!

3  Thank jlo81
Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a great place! I was really sad to have only spend one night there. Perfect location away from all the tourists. The path down to the beach is right outside the back door. Receptionist was super helpful and informative. She even gave us beach towels to take to the beach. Very modern and clean rooms with nice bathroom. Awesome terrace with a spectacular view of Hvar and the sea where you can opt to take breakfast.

Pros: wifi, modern room, A/C, easy beach access, mini fridge, great service
Cons: a little bit of a hike from old town, but I was fine with it since I was more interested in the beach

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I visited the Villa Fio during August 2012 and we are desperate to return as soon as possible!
The accommodation was really lovely and cleaned, daily, to a very high standard. The view from our large balcony was spectacular, with views over the sea and we enjoyed spending meal-times sat on the balcony. For sunset, opt for a room at the front of the villa - there really was nothing like it!
The location is at the top of a small hill, which is perfect for spectacular views over the beach and, on the other side, the harbour. A small, gentle walk - approx 15 mins - and you are in the centre of Hvar. There is also a mini supermarket, about 5 mins away, so all amenities are within close proximity. A beach, tucked away in a coved area, is right behind the hotel - we loved going there and enjoyed swimming in the very warm sea. There are other beaches nearby, but this was one of our favourites!
My partner and I have travelled to many destinations and have rarely found hosts so welcoming, friendly and helpful as Maria and Antonia..there was literally nothing they wouldn't do to maximise our stay and make it as enjoyable as possible. Due to my stupidity, I stood on a sea urchin and had spikes in my foot for days, until Antonia noticed and spent over 3 hours carefully removing these with a needle, olive oil and lots of care! We were very grateful for this and my foot has never looked better! Thank you Antonia.
We loved the holiday, which was due, largely, to the standard of service we received at the Villa Fio - we will certainly be going back!
Anna and Liam x

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have gorgeous sunset views over the harbour, but equally lovely are the views at...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple