J & B Holiday House
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Adriatic(Stari Grad)
View Hotel
All reviewshost familybedroom apartmenttown hvarwe loved our staylarge terracewonderful hostswatch the sunsetsplit airportpomasupermarketbalconyislandtaxis
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days and we were very happy about it. It is a 10-15 min walk from city centre and just some few minutes down to the beach, and there is also a mini-market nearby. The apartments had space and a fantastic view over the sea. The kitchen was well-equipped and everything was clean and neat. However, the best part was the host-family - they will help out with everything - taxi, tickets for catamaran, scooter/car-rental, hairdresser......you name it. We also had a very lovely dinner with the family one of the evenings. We highly recommend this place !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TorryEngh
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at J&B with my husband for 10 days and later recommended this place to various friends and acquaintances that were traveling to Hvar. All of my friends who followed my recommendation thanked me and agreed that staying here is an unforgettable experience.

The family that owns the place is extremely hospitable and welcoming even for Croatia (and I have spent summer holidays in Croatia for nearly 20 years of my life, and they are very hospitable, believe me!) and I will never forget fresh eggs they were giving us in the morning for breakfast! Or various homemade food and drinks they shared with us on various occasions. On top of that, they were never intruding, so we had company when we wanted it, and were on our own when we wanted privacy. They also came to pick us up from the port when we arrived and took us to the port when we were leaving with no extra charge and we left them with a heavy heart and a promise that we will visit them again, and soon. J&B, thank you for the warmth!!!

Everything in the apartment was new and functional, it’s more than obvious they didn’t save on furnishing it. It really felt like a nice place and a safe harbor to come back to after walks, beach or diners outside. The view from the terrace on which we used to have coffee and late afternoon glass of wine was just amazing!!!

If you are going to Hvar, I strongly recommend that you stay in J&B, I promise you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JelenaN
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our stay at J & B was very relaxing. The apartment was spacious, clean and modern with awesome views over the Pakleni islands. The owners ensured we were collected from the ferry and were very welcoming. We were only a short walk from Hvar town and the beaches... I would recommend the Falco beach bar too, great with hammocks and comfy chairs etc for everyone to enjoy. The fish sampled at J and B was also better then any tasted in the restaurants, a great time and by all!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed if you stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helenflower
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 nights here in June 2012. We loved our stay in Hvar and wished we had a bit longer. We stayed in a studio apartment. The apartment seemed recently renovated as it was quite modern with a lovely, functional kitchen with stainless steel appliances etc. The bathroom was quite spacious, as was the whole apartment really.

The apartment's balcony didn't overlook the ocean however there was still a lovely ocean view when you sat at one end of it. We were a little disappointed that the wifi was not working in our room, however it worked fine down at the house and the owners were sincere in their apologies and said they were fixing this issue and were happy for us to sit on their patio to use the wifi, and even gave us some homemade grappa to enjoy while doing so!

The owners are lovely. The location is a little bit of a walk to the main harbour, however not too far, probably 15-20 minutes. The location is not far from the hula hula bar and surrounding beaches, which were all enjoyable. It is also very close to a supermarket.

We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 442Dan
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We recently spent two nights at J&B in a two bedroomed apartment. The apartment was very clean and had all the necessary utensils in the kitchen but no soap in the shower. Furnishing were quite old and mattresses a bit springy but fine for a short stay. The apartment had a washing machine which was a huge bonus half way through our vacation and the balcony had a drier to get the washing dry in the heat. We had very little interaction with the owners and would have liked some guidance on how to get to the town and shops but we managed in the end. The apartment was in a very quiet part of the town so very peaceful, however I would not recommend it for families with small children (like ours) as the main town was quite a long walk away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family