“Great!”

Ranked #2 of 166 Specialty Lodging in Hvar
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great location, more than friendly staff and owners! As others have mentioned - the bar crawl is worth it, in order to meet new people! I was travelling in a group of 4 and we still took part, highly recommend checking it out! Common areas are great to relax during the day, staff are fantastic, really helpful and speak fantastic english. We had our own cooking area as we stayed in two apartments, both were clean and I would recommend them if staying for a few nights! They're more expensive but when booked through hostelworld or other sites, they are cheaper!

It feels like a big family home full of different nationalities and if you're lucky the owner might cook some of his fresh breads/pizza/brushetta! amazing! great atmosphere! stay here if only just for one night! The dorms looked great as well so I would definitely go back and stay there alone if i visit croatia again! we were only travelling around croatia, so could have paid for a big hotel but this was a million times better!

It's based in a good location, within walking distance to everything really, great food places! Definitely try Gariful restaurant (seafood) even if you don't like seafood, I had the steak and my friend had carbonara - fantastic! my other two friends had the seafood spaghetti and couldn't fault it! if you're going at night then book a table in advance! C'est la vie for cheap burgers and chips but fantastic quality and BB for great food also!

Also rent a boat and visit the islands nearby! even if you don't know how to drive one - we didn't and it was a highlight of the trip and cheap also!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had the most amazing 7 days at Villa Skansi! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the bar crawl was a ton of fun! The common areas are a great place to meet new friends. Everyone is so friendly and social. The outdoor kitchen is huge and great! I like how everyone cooks and eats together. We couldn't of asked for a better stay and we will definitely be returning!! Bojana and Bryant are awesome employees that lead a super fun pregame and bar crawl!

Room Tip: Any room is good!! Even the larger dorms
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was very impressed with Villa Skansi. From the moment I arrived until the end of my stay, the staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly. I loved the community kitchen (lots of group cooking for breakfast and dinner!!) and the overall atmosphere. The staff did a great job of keeping everything very neat and clean. I met many wonderful travelers my age (I am 22) that were very friendly and from all around the world. Every night the hostel had a pub crawl that they led in a very organized manner. Best place to stay in Hvar as a young traveler. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I stayed in the room upstairs farthest from the entrance. No problems with noise at all!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I really loved spending four nights here. The staff was helpful, thoughtful and really wanted everyone to have a good time. I was sick two nights and it was great because they take everyone on this awesome pub crawl and leave the rest of the hostel to sleep and chill if they want to!

We had a great time and I hope to come back soon!

Brisbane
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Villa Skansi is a little gem of a hostel, the common areas are more reminiscent of a hotel instead of a hostel. Greeted by the incredibly helpful and friendly staff you are given all the information you need to make sure your needs are filled while in Hvar. With a pub crawl every night it makes it easy to make new friends to explore the island with or just chill on a beach with. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Hvar. Started off with 2 nights booked and stayed for 5!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I travel a lot and I mean a LOT. Hostels, hotels, hammocks, you name it I've stayed in it. Villa Skansi was one of the better hostels that I've stayed in. Hvar has other hotels and hostels but for the best bang for your buck this is it. Very sociable, friendly, and accommodating. Just like any hostels, you can get 6 - 14 dorm rooms or a private ensuite (with a balcony). The crowd is always friendly and everyone is ready to party. The staff is amazing and always has a smile. I cannot wait to re-visit Villa Skansi next summer.

croatia
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Most social hostel I have ever been to, so if you want to party and meet people come here. Super clean, and I'm a clean freak so that's always important to me. People that work there are amazing! The place itself is amazing and has a beautiful view. Booked 3 nights and ended up staying a whole week! Loveeee this place and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014