Villa Skansi
$200
$194
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar crawlfree pub crawlfree pizzabeautiful hostelgreat atmosphereplace to staycleaning staffkitchen facilitiesnice terraceair conbeautiful viewmin walkjulianightlyislandscootercroatia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at Villa Skansi, we loved it so much we extended our initial 3 night stay to a whole week! It is a very clean, reasonably priced and welcoming hostel with a fully equipped kitchen, good WiFi connection, bar on site and beautiful balcony with couches and tables. I have never come across such a clean hostel before, they have cleaners working around the clock. The receptionists are so friendly and are always willing to help with anything. For example, it was pouring with rain one day and Julia lent us her laptop to watch a movie. They really do go out of their way to keep their guests happy! They can also organise any island activities for you. Two members of staff who stood out for me were Tom and Tom. Their sole responsibility was to ensure that you had a good time and were enjoying your stay as well as organising the nightly pub crawls. In my 5 months of traveling I haven't met such genuinely nice guys. I can't wait to go back to Villa Skansi one day, I'd recommend it to everyone visiting Hvar!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Considering hvar is at expensive we expected accommodation to be more expensive, however I don't feel that this hostel should be priced so expensively. The staff however were really lovely and the rooms were clean aswell as nice kitchen facilities. However I do believe that this hostel is best suited to single travellers or groups of younger adults and not couples who are looking to sight see and not just party.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cally P
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hostel was incredible, and so reasonably priced for such a beautiful island. the staff were so welcoming and proactive with all the guests. I'd 100% recommend this hostel to anybody considering going to Hvar. We took part in the nightly bar crawl on most nights which was hosted by Tom and Tom, they were so lovely and friendly and made sure everyone had a great night, they checked on the guests everyday without fail and took groups on boat trips and showed them round the island. Perfect tour guides! I've already recommended the hostel to my friends and other travellers who were off to Hvar. I'd go back every time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great quality, from the 10 bed dorms to the private rooms, no complaints.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really clean and had a really good atmosphere. We initially booked to stay 3 nights, but extended it to four because we loved the bar crawl so much. No other hostels seemed to arrange much in the evening. Tom and Tom are the nicest Welsh people ever- they are also mildly attractive which should be an incentive for all the single ladies planning on visiting. Would definitely go back to this hostel!

Room Tip: If you want to meet people choose bigger rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It all comes down to the ownership. Julia and Matko actually care than the guests not only are comfortable at the hostel, but that you enjoy the island to it's fullest. They have very attentive and fun front desk girls who mingle with you in the lounge during the day, and even join you in the evenings. Anything you want to do in Hvar or the island - they can hook you up. The kicker is how local the entire island becomes - doesn't matter if you want to kick it at a local beach, rent boats, go rock climbing, sailing, get h/u w/ VIP access, or shop and explore the vinyards, they know where to send you. But the cherry on top are Tom and Tom - their entire responsibility consists of making sure you have fun. I didn't worry about safety at all during my 3.5+ weeks in the entire country of Croatia, but just in case you worry about traveling alone, you need not worry as there is a full time security staff that stays up all night to ensure the security of the guests JIC.
The place is enormous with 2 entire buildings and 2 lounges with more on the way.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo