“Awesome time with friendly host”
Review of Luka's Lodge

Luka's Lodge
Ranked #9 of 169 Specialty Lodging in Hvar
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lukas lodge was clean and luka was an awesome host who cooked a mean dinner. I also rented the scooter and went around the island. I highly recommend it. Tons of fun and beautiful drive. Overall had a great time

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Adam2222013

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Luka's lodge is easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in to date. It's perfectly located near the downtown and the beach, both are maybe a 3 minute walk away. The rooms are very clean and the beds surprisingly comfortable, the shower was always hot and the wifi was good. The kitchen outside was spacious and well equipped, a nice place to just hang out and enjoy your food. But what really makes the hostel special is the owner, Luka. He really went above and beyond to make my stay in Hvar wonderful. On the night I arrived he prepared a delicious barbeque dinner for everyone, complete of course with his own home made olive oil, and even a pitcher of wine! He always greets you with a smile, and shares his knowledge about where to go and what to do on the island. As I was one of the few people at the hostel in low season, Luka was even kind enough to invite me to join him for lunch a couple times, and taught me how to *properly* eat sardines. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other places in Hvar with the same ammenities, but there's only one place like Luka's Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 12, 2013

You will not be disappointed, this is a hostel where the staff have been chosen carefully, they LOVE their jobs, and love helping people. Luka I did not get a chance to chat too, although he is a legend and I would have liked too, but the staff he has chosen is a credit to him. Sandra is a delight, one of the best hostel staff I have met, she became a friend to me and my girls, and went out of her way to help us find another hostel as we decided to stay in Hvar longer then the 3 nights booked (Hvar has that affect on you... The first night she managed to get us in a 3 bedroom private and it was great, still in Luka's and wished we had booked in there to begin with, although the dorms were fine, too be fair on the small side our 6 bed dorm, but it was cost and fun, and we got chatting to the others. On our last day, Sandra had managed to get us into a friendly hostel of theirs and let us kip in her room, which was much appreciated. This hostel offers nights out with 'Jeff' to get you the chance to meet and mingle with others, and they cook bbq nights as well.... Quite frankly you can come alone or with others and this is a very friendly sociable great location hostel,. Highly recommend .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Lukas lodge has all you'd need in budget accommodation for your stay in Hvar . We booked in advance and when we arrived Lukas himself was happy to give us a lift up to his place (as we had heavy luggage)when we called him to confirm our,arrival. The lodge itself is located in a very handy location only five mins walk from the town centre...which is, incidentally, GORGEOUS! Luka was so lovely and friendly and incredibly helpful...he even took us down to town to help us arrange a hire car:) the free WiFi is a blessing and Luka is happy to make us forge ans share biscuits in the morning. The lodge is clean and tidy and has kitchens available for guests to use fir self catering. We totally recommend staying at Luka' s lodge...we would come again for sure !!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am glad so many people loved this hostel, but I just can't agree with them. First of all, the prices of the rooms are too high for the quality you get. Where the description says "deluxe", you get a more or less basic room (bed, wardrobe, windows and A/C), so you can't rely on room descriptions. Also, they rent out three different houses, so you don't really know where you are going to end up. We were travelling as a group and my friend and I got a room without air conditioning or internet. That wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't advertised differently and if we weren't paying so much for it. Also, the owner organizes barbecues, which are ok as a way of meeting people, but don't expect a spectacular dinner - they are overpriced for the amount and quality of food you're getting. I would recommend going to one of the restaurants nearby. The prices are almost the same, but the food is 10 times better. The hostel also has scooters to rent, but they're low quality...we wanted to rent them, but they did not seem safe so we changed our minds. All in all, the place could be much better if they invested in maintenance and quality, instead of just trying to make money from absolutely everything. The staff was the only good thing about this place, which is a shame because that is not enough for me to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Areeree565
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Hvar is the most sumptuous and wonderful place which I have completely fallen in love with and Luka's is the perfect place to stay.
My friend and I decided to hostel it and I initially thought we might be taking a risk. Wrong. Our room was lovely with a separate bathroom and a little kitchen area. A small walk from town and about 20 minutes from Hula Hula, the location was perfect.
The hostel has barbecues or meals on a frequent basis and this is a great opportunity to meet people even if they are P.P.Cs.
I cannot endorse Hvar or Luka's enough. We're going next year. For ten days x

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JoyousSheffield
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We couldn't recommend this place enough. We arrived halfway through our trip through Europe and this hostel was definitely one of the best hostels we stayed in out of all our destinations. The atmosphere was very fun and social, the staff were really brilliant and helpful (Geoff, Marija, all of the cleaning staff and of course Luka!), and the accommodation was always very clean and presentable. We met so many other travellers and played a few excellent games of Jenga! We thought that Kiva, the local bar, was one of the most entertaining bars we've ever visited - the atmosphere was very relaxed and social (and the pitchers got you nice and drunk). I would definitely recommend this hostel to any of our friends. Luka was really helpful, and if you wanted to go anywhere, he would explain where everything was. Even though we were among the youngest staying at the hostel at the time (18/19) we still felt very welcomed and comfortable. It was like a little paradise for us before we went back to the madness of travelling, and we would most definitely come again! (p.s sorry Marija for leaving this so late! You were wonderful.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends