“Fantastic staff - great base”
Review of Luka's Lodge

Luka's Lodge
Ranked #8 of 169 Specialty Lodging in Hvar
Reviewed October 12, 2013

You will not be disappointed, this is a hostel where the staff have been chosen carefully, they LOVE their jobs, and love helping people. Luka I did not get a chance to chat too, although he is a legend and I would have liked too, but the staff he has chosen is a credit to him. Sandra is a delight, one of the best hostel staff I have met, she became a friend to me and my girls, and went out of her way to help us find another hostel as we decided to stay in Hvar longer then the 3 nights booked (Hvar has that affect on you... The first night she managed to get us in a 3 bedroom private and it was great, still in Luka's and wished we had booked in there to begin with, although the dorms were fine, too be fair on the small side our 6 bed dorm, but it was cost and fun, and we got chatting to the others. On our last day, Sandra had managed to get us into a friendly hostel of theirs and let us kip in her room, which was much appreciated. This hostel offers nights out with 'Jeff' to get you the chance to meet and mingle with others, and they cook bbq nights as well.... Quite frankly you can come alone or with others and this is a very friendly sociable great location hostel,. Highly recommend .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Lukas lodge has all you'd need in budget accommodation for your stay in Hvar . We booked in advance and when we arrived Lukas himself was happy to give us a lift up to his place (as we had heavy luggage)when we called him to confirm our,arrival. The lodge itself is located in a very handy location only five mins walk from the town centre...which is, incidentally, GORGEOUS! Luka was so lovely and friendly and incredibly helpful...he even took us down to town to help us arrange a hire car:) the free WiFi is a blessing and Luka is happy to make us forge ans share biscuits in the morning. The lodge is clean and tidy and has kitchens available for guests to use fir self catering. We totally recommend staying at Luka' s lodge...we would come again for sure !!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am glad so many people loved this hostel, but I just can't agree with them. First of all, the prices of the rooms are too high for the quality you get. Where the description says "deluxe", you get a more or less basic room (bed, wardrobe, windows and A/C), so you can't rely on room descriptions. Also, they rent out three different houses, so you don't really know where you are going to end up. We were travelling as a group and my friend and I got a room without air conditioning or internet. That wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't advertised differently and if we weren't paying so much for it. Also, the owner organizes barbecues, which are ok as a way of meeting people, but don't expect a spectacular dinner - they are overpriced for the amount and quality of food you're getting. I would recommend going to one of the restaurants nearby. The prices are almost the same, but the food is 10 times better. The hostel also has scooters to rent, but they're low quality...we wanted to rent them, but they did not seem safe so we changed our minds. All in all, the place could be much better if they invested in maintenance and quality, instead of just trying to make money from absolutely everything. The staff was the only good thing about this place, which is a shame because that is not enough for me to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Areeree565
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Hvar is the most sumptuous and wonderful place which I have completely fallen in love with and Luka's is the perfect place to stay.
My friend and I decided to hostel it and I initially thought we might be taking a risk. Wrong. Our room was lovely with a separate bathroom and a little kitchen area. A small walk from town and about 20 minutes from Hula Hula, the location was perfect.
The hostel has barbecues or meals on a frequent basis and this is a great opportunity to meet people even if they are P.P.Cs.
I cannot endorse Hvar or Luka's enough. We're going next year. For ten days x

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JoyousSheffield
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We couldn't recommend this place enough. We arrived halfway through our trip through Europe and this hostel was definitely one of the best hostels we stayed in out of all our destinations. The atmosphere was very fun and social, the staff were really brilliant and helpful (Geoff, Marija, all of the cleaning staff and of course Luka!), and the accommodation was always very clean and presentable. We met so many other travellers and played a few excellent games of Jenga! We thought that Kiva, the local bar, was one of the most entertaining bars we've ever visited - the atmosphere was very relaxed and social (and the pitchers got you nice and drunk). I would definitely recommend this hostel to any of our friends. Luka was really helpful, and if you wanted to go anywhere, he would explain where everything was. Even though we were among the youngest staying at the hostel at the time (18/19) we still felt very welcomed and comfortable. It was like a little paradise for us before we went back to the madness of travelling, and we would most definitely come again! (p.s sorry Marija for leaving this so late! You were wonderful.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meredith S
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't compliment this place enough! The most sociable an fun hostel I have ever stayed in. I was travelling on my own so keen to meet people and I needn't have worried! Great atmosphere. Everyone meets in an evening to socialise then Geoff, the resident party guy, takes you to Kiva - the best bar in Hvar! Maria looks after your other needs, she is so friendly and helpful, you feel like you've known her forever when you first meet! Hostel is up a hill, but once you have managed to get your bag up there, it's nice to be away from the busy bars. Don't even hesitate booking here, I can't wait to go back next year and make more fab memories!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank young_steph
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Exceeded our expectations. We were one of the youngest guests at 18 year's old but we were made to feel at home straight away. Really good to meet interesting people as the hostel is friendly and the workers encourage everyone to go out together. Had a great week would definitely come back here.

Francesca, Flo, Gaby, Leanne